Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Sasha tune needs to be id'd...
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
dais
tranceaddict in training

I was playing around with some cue files for the Moonpark set today and I've made it my mission to id this tune.
So far I'm convinced these are the lyrics, and that they're in Portuguese:

serei lá por
eu ser
eu serei lá

Which translates to:

I will be there for
I will be
I will be there
there
there

Old Post Jan-28-2006 14:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for dais Click here to Send dais a Private Message Visit dais's homepage! Add dais to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UniversalNation
tranceaddict

Smile

I have just read this post, i dont log onto the site very often.. im certain i can ID this track for you because my brother in Law is close friends with Sasha and i am spending some time with them both next week.
I will ask Sasha to ID it and then this can be laid to rest.

Will post as soon as i know!!

Old Post Jan-29-2006 03:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for UniversalNation Click here to Send UniversalNation a Private Message Add UniversalNation to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cloud
housy

nice

Old Post Feb-02-2006 18:05  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Visit Cloud's homepage! Add Cloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

quote:
Originally posted by UniversalNation
I have just read this post, i dont log onto the site very often.. im certain i can ID this track for you because my brother in Law is close friends with Sasha and i am spending some time with them both next week.
I will ask Sasha to ID it and then this can be laid to rest.

Will post as soon as i know!!

that would be fantastic if you could

Old Post Feb-08-2006 14:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

quote:
Originally posted by dais
I was playing around with some cue files for the Moonpark set today and I've made it my mission to id this tune.
So far I'm convinced these are the lyrics, and that they're in Portuguese:

serei lá por
eu ser
eu serei lá

Which translates to:

I will be there for
I will be
I will be there
there
there

someone said they were in hindi, but if you recognize this...then i'll have to say you're probably right. thanks for the translation...

Old Post Feb-08-2006 14:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lady2isis
tranceaddict in training

they cant be in Hindi as i know Hindi

cant wait for UniversalNation to come back with an answer.

Old Post Mar-01-2006 19:47  Malaysia
Click Here to See the Profile for lady2isis Click here to Send lady2isis a Private Message Visit lady2isis's homepage! Add lady2isis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr E 2 Me
tranceaddict

Lightbulb

I think I can help you guys out a bit here.

The track I know that has those exact same vocals is Mutiny's "To Fly Is My Wish", which can be found on the Body Breaker EP on vinyl and the Southside Tidalwaves compilation on CD.

The vocalist is Amrit Rahi, who they've worked with before. It's a house track, and I own the compilation, so I've copied the opening minute or so, which starts with the same vocals Sasha used in the track you want ID'd. I have a hunch he might have just taken the acappella (the first 30 seconds or so of "To Fly..." is just Amrit singing with no background music) and played it (sped up) over another track. Wouldn't surprise me, and that sample of Sasha only shows him playing the opening part before the beats kick in (on the Mutiny track). Do the vocals continue beyond the sample you've uploaded?

Anyway, here's the sample (click the orange "Download" button at the bottom), and I hope this helped in some way. Feel free to email me or ask here for more info. I'll do what I can... =)

P.S. Let me know if the page/link doesn't work.

Old Post Mar-19-2006 10:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr E 2 Me Click here to Send Mr E 2 Me a Private Message Visit Mr E 2 Me's homepage! Add Mr E 2 Me to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

quote:
Originally posted by Mr E 2 Me

The track I know that has those exact same vocals is Mutiny's "To Fly Is My Wish", which can be found on the Body Breaker EP on vinyl and the Southside Tidalwaves compilation on CD.

The vocalist is Amrit Rahi, who they've worked with before. It's a house track, and I own the compilation, so I've copied the opening minute or so, which starts with the same vocals Sasha used in the track you want ID'd. I have a hunch he might have just taken the acappella (the first 30 seconds or so of "To Fly..." is just Amrit singing with no background music) and played it (sped up) over another track. Wouldn't surprise me, and that sample of Sasha only shows him playing the opening part before the beats kick in (on the Mutiny track). Do the vocals continue beyond the sample you've uploaded?

Anyway, here's the sample (click the orange "Download" button at the bottom), and I hope this helped in some way. Feel free to email me or ask here for more info. I'll do what I can... =)

LEGEND!!!

hey thanks a lot man . yeah i'm familiar with Mutiny, but didn't know this track. the vocal does continue beyond into the rest of the track so my guess is someone sampled it and made a track with it, but thank you so much for that ID.

Old Post Mar-20-2006 05:22 
Mr E 2 Me
tranceaddict

I suppose your best bet is to search for tracks that either sample that one or credit the vocals to Amrit. Best of luck on your quest, I'm quite curious to know what it is myself now...

Old Post Mar-20-2006 05:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr E 2 Me Click here to Send Mr E 2 Me a Private Message Visit Mr E 2 Me's homepage! Add Mr E 2 Me to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lady2isis
tranceaddict in training

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by Mr E 2 Me

oh my God! you're right...and now that there's a clearer sample of the vocals, i now have my doubts that it could be hindi, unless you're sure it isn't?

anyways, would you like me to host the sample file for you? as i am afraid hosting it on a free hosting doesn't mean it would be there for everyone to download 3 months down the road...jz wanna help.

Old Post Mar-20-2006 13:03  Malaysia
Click Here to See the Profile for lady2isis Click here to Send lady2isis a Private Message Visit lady2isis's homepage! Add lady2isis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr E 2 Me
tranceaddict

I'm pretty sure she's singing in Hindi, but I'm no expert. Was your offer to host the file directed at me or Floorfiller? I'd be happy to send you a clip, though I'm not sure why people would want to download it as it's not the one Floorfiller was looking for. The site I'm using allows unlimited downloads, but it will delete it if no one downloads it for 2 weeks. If you were talking to me, hit me with a PM and I'll send you a copy of the clip. Anyone who wants the full track, feel free to PM me as well.

Old Post Mar-21-2006 06:22  United States
dais
tranceaddict in training

That is definitely the vocal, I take back what I said about the Portuguese. It's hard to make out the sound of any Cs or Ks in the original track from the set rip until you know what you're listening for.
I processed that sample you gave us so it sounds more like the one from the track. No mistaking it.

vocal sample

I think it is part of the track for sure, I had to do a fair bit of chopping and changing to make it sound the way it does there and the use of the vocal in the tune fits in too well for a sample if you ask me.

Last edited by dais on Mar-21-2006 at 17:30

Old Post Mar-21-2006 15:50  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for dais Click here to Send dais a Private Message Visit dais's homepage! Add dais to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Tracks Section > Unknown Tracks > Sasha tune needs to be id'd...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2000-04-01 - Sander Kleinenberg - Impulz Track #5 [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOrga vs. Red 1 - "Forever" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread