Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by neon
^^^ or this @ the speakers

ROFL that shit never gets old

and neither does this:
quote:
Originally posted by stvy

Old Post Sep-16-2010 13:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
plexipr
Supreme tranceaddict

Great new article by Bruce Tantum for Time Out about District 36:

"Even for a seasoned nightlife veteran, walking into a club… can bring on a rush of adrenaline, the feeling that something big is about to happen. It’s perhaps not such a common experience when entering a nightspot that hasn’t even opened yet—but I was getting a bit of that old clubland tingle upon entering District 36, the almost-ready boîte set to open within weeks."

Read on...
http://newyork.timeout.com/articles...009/district-36

Old Post Sep-16-2010 20:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for plexipr Click here to Send plexipr a Private Message Visit plexipr's homepage! Add plexipr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

***UPDATE***
i was driving down 36th street today and behold...they have the sign up and i saw the door's open with some construction guys walking in
so looks like this is coming along, cant wait till it opens

Old Post Sep-17-2010 22:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Sep-19-2010 16:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

^

looks too narrow and kinda reminded me of avalon with dj booth high up and balcony going all around 2nd floor.

Old Post Sep-19-2010 17:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

yea not a big fan of dj booth that is so removed from the crowd. think it gets wider the further back it goes...

Old Post Sep-19-2010 18:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frequency Frank
Supreme tranceaddict

Good lord those are some big stacks!

Official Website
My Podcast (techno): The H.I.N.T. - http://hint.podomatic.com

www.TeggnoRecords.com

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Frequency Frank Click here to Send Frequency Frank a Private Message Visit Frequency Frank's homepage! Add Frequency Frank to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by Burak14
^

looks too narrow and kinda reminded me of avalon with dj booth high up and balcony going all around 2nd floor.

don't think they'd put the booth that high and above the rear exits...my guess is thats the control tower for EQ and visuals. Keeps em up and off the floor and out of sight. and the towers are def consistent with rear setups i've seen elsewhere....we'd need more pics of the rest of the space.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
don't think they'd put the booth that high and above the rear exits...my guess is thats the control tower for EQ and visuals. Keeps em up and off the floor and out of sight. and the towers are def consistent with rear setups i've seen elsewhere....we'd need more pics of the rest of the space.

problem solved

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA

i agree, after looking at it closer it does not look like a dj booth

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:30  United States
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

If girls try to dance on the speaker stacks they might get blown off it

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:36  United States
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
If girls try to dance on the speaker stacks they might get blown off it

dude if this is the kinda club girls are dancing on speakers, we have major problems...keep that shit for pacha.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Sep-19-2010 20:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProgressive, Kleinenberg played [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTerra Ferma - "The Adventures Of..." [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread