Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
Realistically, it's a pretty big event with a lot of paying customers. Who is not within their realm?

They obviously have their biases and niches, going by other bookings. Since you've brought it up, it only makes them look worse for recycling. I really do not care too much about this event, the times I've been were quite underwhelming minus the friends/people I've bumped into. At least its cheap?

Old Post Aug-06-2014 14:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Nobbie Q
So they announced it last second? Was that the first time they announced it or did they also announce it earlier on as well?

no they acnnounced it at about 830ish

dennis ferrer cancelled his white label boat cruise last year... and white label gave me free tixs to his next event which was at maison 6months later... I would like half off each tix i purchased for the next troxler show with the proof of purchase....

The EI parties them selves are great its just nice to get a variety... i do believe its about the relationship between the promoter and the talent agency... so i think its safe to say Embrace has a good relationship with Bullit agency as a number of acts are reped by bullit...

the Corona sunset party is coming up, so Electric Island now has competition and thats great for us....

I also would like to say Solomun would be great on the island too

Old Post Aug-06-2014 15:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow, so they DID announce it last second, even though though they clearly knew about it beforehand. I know artists do cancel, but it's usually not TOO much of a problem if there's a lot of artists already on the bill. Something like EI, which had 3 headliners, missing one is gonna make a difference but these guys aren't gonna do anything about it, otherwise they would have announced something by now.

That's pretty cool how White Label gave you free tix. I also think Solomun would be cool for the island.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Aug-06-2014 15:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i don't really look forward to going anymore but its like a routine/ritual. i have fun meeting new people and old friends but thats about it. i usually get pretty drunk so my times have been always good (except the first show with troxler lol).

as for DJs within their realm; that was a good point being made. the sound they book is the 'deep tech-house' genre for the most part so we can rule out pretty much 95% of the prog genre and techno.

another point maybe team up with different promoters like BoK or even ozmosis for future bookings ? otherland series has some nice names, and nice boat cruises coming up too. dettmann to close the summer out would be bomb

Old Post Aug-06-2014 16:11  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Tale of Us please. I still think Lawler would do well at an EI event.

Luciano would be too pricey but I've seen him play at similar events.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 17:12  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

MJC was great, but the ticket prices are getting ridiculous (especially for the main headliner to not show up) and there's nowhere I can go without being in a cloud of cigarette smoke. These parties are really starting to suck, to be honest.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 18:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
I'd probably only go back to ei for maceo plex since it seems to be within their realm.

I was almost positive it was supposed to be him Must have been getting old information, or it could have just changed on any numerous reasons as do many things. I was excited for a Maceo Labour Day. Oh well.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 19:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
Luciano would be too pricey

He would be pricey, but it's not like they are having the event at CODA. It's a really big outdoor space that can fit thousands of people. I get that a lot of money goes into the logistics of throwing an event of this nature, but they must make and bring in enough $$$ from cover charges, drink / alcohol sales etc. Which is why I said, for an event of this size and nature who could they not book? I would guess there wouldn't be many if any on this list (of djs that are relavent to most people on here). Big commercial draws like Carl Cox, Luciano, Carola etc I would think would be attainable but maybe I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 20:20  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Why book expensive djs when people will show up for b level djs? Profit above fan experience

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Aug-06-2014 21:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Have a dj no-show and make even more! They're swimming in monies right now sipping on their cocktails and shit. "Look at these tranceaddict fagz."

Old Post Aug-06-2014 21:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Old Post Aug-06-2014 22:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nobbie Q
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Have a dj no-show and make even more! They're swimming in monies right now sipping on their cocktails and shit. "Look at these tranceaddict fagz."

LOL

Luciano would be sick doe.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nobbie-q
Q-Trip, Mixshow every Wed. at 11 PM EST at cfreradio.com

FB Page: www.facebook.com/theqtrip

Old Post Aug-07-2014 00:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Nobbie Q Click here to Send Nobbie Q a Private Message Add Nobbie Q to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Miscellaneous Review Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackUnknowned track from 99-2000 (i think) [2009] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLiquid Team - "Fly To The Sky" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread