Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Ink Announces Official Closing of Guvernment
Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

The Gift 2014 is going to be so bittersweet

lots of fond memories of this place and lots of time spent with friends there

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post May-01-2014 21:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

quote:
Originally posted by kamil
Pretty much a final nail in the coffin for dance music aficionados.

I wouldn't go that far, Toronto is pretty awesome right now. Lots of cool unique things going down which weren't happening up until a couple of years ago.

Guv has been totally irrelevant unless you are a fan of the "EDM" sound.

Old Post May-01-2014 21:09  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

But if anything, regardless who they book that night, Mark Oliver deserves to drop the last record!

Old Post May-01-2014 21:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

many good times. For a majority of us, this was our breeding ground. We were definitely spoiled to have this venue right here. How many cities around the world would have wished they had something like Guv?

It would be nice to see Gallery open every weekend now with all the previous promoters working it.

Old Post May-01-2014 22:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

Mark Oliver and Manzone and Strong introduced me to a lot of music at Guv, was there almost every single weekend at one point, had some amazing times and met many many people.. If the line ups are not Aviciis I may consider going to a few events before it's closed.

Old Post May-01-2014 23:05  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

I started going there in late 1997 for the hiphop in the orange room... when we'd leave and see kids dancing with glowsticks in the mainroom (on the corner stage (now gone)) I wondered wtf was going on. A year later I was there with they every weekend, lol.

ahhh memories.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post May-01-2014 23:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
All I know is, that if they throw a proper party as one of the finales and not some trance or electro bullshit, that skybar will be one hot ticket item to get to by 6am that morning.

Imagine that closing with the right people up there? Canada and Labour day Skybar closings time infinity!

I feel like a retard, it'll be cold as balls up there in January lol. I think I was just reminiscing about some of my favourite times there which were watching that sunrise and the zombie sunglasses dancing chugging to the beats.

Old Post May-02-2014 00:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kamil
That's an end of an era for Toronto. Pretty much a final nail in the coffin for dance music aficionados.

I wouldn't quite call fans of Hardwell, Avicii, Steve Aoki, etc. "aficionados".

Now, declining choices for any community are a loss to the city as a whole; and of course, it's sad to see a place that so many of us have had so many great memories in go, but this doesn't really change anything for those of us with "our" tastes in music.

Old Post May-02-2014 01:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

I'd like nothing better than one last sunrise set to close it off but that's hardly possible in January It would've been uncomfortably busy anyways.

I'm optimistic that PvD on May 23rd is a good indication that we'll see at least a few good parties before Guv shuts it's doors and my fingers are crossed that one of the finales is geared towards us.

Even though it's basically irrelevant to almost every poster on here, it's hard to believe there will only be one more Canada day party. One more Labour of Love. One more anniversary party. One more gift Anyone of these parties as the last would be my pick.

I'll definitely check out a few resident nights between then and now. A MO solo set in main room would be another great Guv finale.

I won't miss the Guv anymore than I miss it right now but it will always hold a special place...

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-02-2014 02:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Even though it's basically irrelevant to almost every poster on here, it's hard to believe there will only be one more Canada day party. One more Labour of Love. One more anniversary party. One more gift

They'll probably continue them at Shit Academy come 2015.

Old Post May-02-2014 02:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by CMR
They'll probably continue them at Shit Academy come 2015.

I'd expect maybe the Gift and obviously Canada Day but that'd be weak if they didn't come up with any more ideas/themes

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post May-02-2014 02:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
soulstar606
Supreme tranceaddict

wtf? whaeres the new place?

Old Post May-02-2014 03:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for soulstar606 Click here to Send soulstar606 a Private Message Add soulstar606 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Ink Announces Official Closing of Guvernment
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMenno de Jongs Intuition Radio 100 Part3: Jonas Steur [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSoren Weile - Riot (Original Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread