Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > EDC Orlando November 7,8 Tinker Field
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I'm with you. Granted, now that I think about it, I've never even been to a massive festival.

Of course I'd have fun, but I'd rather hit a week in a city like Berlin/Miami/whatever and bounce around the clubs.

I've sort of developed an infatuation for wanting to see all a lot of the best clubs in the world.

That said, I have my sights (and wallet) set on BPM in January and Ibiza next summer.

Nothing special about the clubs in Playa but the day parties are a blast, and the one night party at Blue Venado, no matter who is there, is not one to miss.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 00:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
Nothing special about the clubs in Playa but the day parties are a blast, and the one night party at Blue Venado, no matter who is there, is not one to miss.

That's been my biggest gripe of attending BPM - the clubs. I watched a lot of the sets last year and wasn't impressed by the setting. I'm going for the day parties on the beach. After all, it's a festival. When I think festival, I think sunshine. I have to admit I was skeptical of this thing at first, but I'm sold. It'll be cool as hell to have everyone from FLTA out there, too.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 00:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite

So you're saying it's wise to get on that hardcore workout routine since all the good parties are during the day on the beach.

5.5 months to go, plenty of time to prepare.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 03:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
That's been my biggest gripe of attending BPM - the clubs. I watched a lot of the sets last year and wasn't impressed by the setting. I'm going for the day parties on the beach. After all, it's a festival. When I think festival, I think sunshine. I have to admit I was skeptical of this thing at first, but I'm sold. It'll be cool as hell to have everyone from FLTA out there, too.

To be honest, I've always preferred doing day/evening events as opposed to late night club events. Just something about a good outdoor party with great music as the sun's going down. And while people are fvcked up on drugs, at least that early in the day they aren't completely strung out. Love that vibe. This is precisely why I think BPM is going to be unfuckingbelievable.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 03:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
I'm with you. Granted, now that I think about it, I've never even been to a massive festival.

Of course I'd have fun, but I'd rather hit a week in a city like Berlin/Miami/whatever and bounce around the clubs.

I've sort of developed an infatuation for wanting to see all a lot of the best clubs in the world.

That said, I have my sights (and wallet) set on BPM in January and Ibiza next summer.

I'd skip out on Ibiza mate. Was just out there for a month. It's a lot of overhype. The clubs are decent. Best club is Ibiza Underground. Amnesia is ace as well. The vibe is ehhh, it's becoming way to commercial and corporate. Way better party scene in London in my opinion. DC10 was a cluster fuck of epic proportions, system was shit. Loud and muddy, thank god for my ear plugs or my ears would have been ringing for days. All in all the island is a beautiful place make sure you see the sites and secret beaches but overall I was let down and not really impressed with it at all. Like I said much better vibe in London and they have some top notch facilities like Studio 338

Old Post Jul-31-2014 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
I'd skip out on Ibiza mate. Was just out there for a month. It's a lot of overhype. The clubs are decent. Best club is Ibiza Underground. Amnesia is ace as well. The vibe is ehhh, it's becoming way to commercial and corporate. Way better party scene in London in my opinion. DC10 was a cluster fuck of epic proportions, system was shit. Loud and muddy, thank god for my ear plugs or my ears would have been ringing for days. All in all the island is a beautiful place make sure you see the sites and secret beaches but overall I was let down and not really impressed with it at all. Like I said much better vibe in London and they have some top notch facilities like Studio 338

Never been but I understand what you mean. It does seem over the top expensive and overly corporate now.

But London? Great city but if I wanna do something similar to Ibiza I'm thinking a place like Zrce or the Greek Islands...or hell even BPM

Anyways, posts like these make me think Miami is one of the best scenes in the world. Got a Miami dj stating that Ibiza is overhyped. I always feel like I'm missing out on some of these legendary venues in other countries but then a South Floridian goes and comes back mildly disappointed. I felt the same about Amsterdam except for Awakenings. All the other spots were like some Roxy (Orlando) Shit. Lol

Just don't think you can top something like Club Space in Miami. Ibiza may have more technically impressive and vast venues but it doesn't have the local feel and vibe (I'm assuming from Donnie's thoughts). So you have a huge space (pun intended) full of regulars who appreciate house music, a 24 hour license, and great programming...coupled with the fact that sexy Miami latina girls absolutely go crazy for those sounds (as opposed to hipster girls in NYC, ). Yup, doesn't get much better than Miami. I think we're spoiled living in Florida.

I'm sure there's more great places in Europe but still have my doubts that it's actually better than what we have back home. Looking back on my Amsterdam trip, Europeans cannot dance. The few people that were dancing...yup they were from America (NYC and Miami mostly). I'm just not into the bobbing-your-head chin-stroking closing-my-eyes scene that Europeans seem to be on. Actually the Dutchies seemed to like to dance, at least more than the rest of Europe at ADE. Compare that to MIami, where people truly get the fuck down to some beats. This is why I want to go to a big party in South America. People love to dance and get nuts. Doesn't Ultra do a festival down there nowadays?

Last edited by ucforange on Jul-31-2014 at 21:06

Old Post Jul-31-2014 20:37 
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Never been but I understand what you mean. It does seem over the top expensive and overly corporate now.

But London? Great city but if I wanna do something similar to Ibiza I'm thinking a place like Zrce or the Greek Islands...or hell even BPM

Ibiza is so fucking expensive. Food is shit as well.

The vibe in London was absolutely fucking incredible. Of all the places I visited and played this last month London was by far the best of them. Just amazing. Still buzzing from the parties and the people there.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 20:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon

Yea, totally get where you're coming from (and I agree), but I want to see CC at Space there. I wouldn't fly just to visit Ibiza, either. It'd just be a stop as part of a bigger European trip.

London is definitely on the wish list, but it's also expensive. Good thing is my brother lives and just bought a house there.

As far as dance music, I don't think anything will beat my time in Berlin. I absolutely loved it.

Old Post Jul-31-2014 21:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
safarimaster
tranceaddict

I'll chime in here.... Always head down to Miami couple times a year and have a blast. My wife and I went to Ibiza for part of our honeymoon (other part was Rome). I too found it a little disappointing as well. We did stay in a countryside finca in the northeast area of the island that was absolutely sublime for part of the time. If you can get outside the cities (PDB an SA) there are some real gems. We were in PDB for a bit and I have to say I would never be caught dead there. Place was an absolute tourist trap with shitty food, stores and people. Frankly, I was embarrassed to be there.

We did hit a ton of incredible "secret" beaches, did benirras beach on a Sunday and were overall amazed with the food and atmosphere in the more intimate parts of the island (YOU MUST HAVE A CAR). However, the clubbing was a let down. As Donnie said, circoloco was an absolute war-zone and we left early as we could not enjoy ourselves. CC closing at Space was awesome as we love Loco Dice too but bottom line not worth it for Americans... Prolly not worth it for others as well... We'll be spending time in other parts of Europe next trip

Old Post Aug-01-2014 03:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for safarimaster Click here to Send safarimaster a Private Message Add safarimaster to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

We all take for granted the greatness we have in miami. I make my way down there once every 2-3 months. Last year I discovered wynwood and now I rarely ever even go to south beach. So much art and culture in wynwood and food is great and decently priced. More street art and galleries over there than u can shake a stick at.

Old Post Aug-01-2014 12:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Yea, totally get where you're coming from (and I agree), but I want to see CC at Space there. I wouldn't fly just to visit Ibiza, either. It'd just be a stop as part of a bigger European trip.

London is definitely on the wish list, but it's also expensive. Good thing is my brother lives and just bought a house there.

As far as dance music, I don't think anything will beat my time in Berlin. I absolutely loved it.

Honestly everyone says London is expensive but I didn't see that. Same prices as Miami. Beers were 4 pounds, mix drink 7 pounds and good plates of food were anywhere from 10 pounds to 25 pounds. Sure the exchange rate is shit (.58 pound cents for every US dollar) but if you live there and make your money in pounds then it's right on par if not cheaper than Miami. In 5 days I spent 300 pounds (shopping, food, drinks, favors) not including our Airbnb which was about 190 pounds in Hackney

Let me clear up, I wasn't disappointed by Ibiza (had an absolute blast) I was just expecting more from the way people talk about it. The Villa parties are where it's at if you can get invited to one.

London though really completed me and opened my eyes up to a world of partying that we are trying to replicate in the States. I believe Miami is still a bit behind on trying to recreate that. NYC is doing a great job in replicating that.

Amsterdam and Madrid have really cool scenes as well. Of all the places I played I had the most fun playing in Madrid.

Old Post Aug-01-2014 13:17 
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant
Had a great time last year. Hopefully crosstown has a stage again this year

I remember being there and the music from mainstage being heard while I was at this stage.

On top of that, it was SUPER dead. I mean bad, Orlando shows techno no love. lol

Old Post Aug-03-2014 05:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > EDC Orlando November 7,8 Tinker Field
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacku40- my house [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackConjure One - "Tears from the Moon" (DJ Tiësto In Search Of Sunrise Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread