Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

^^^

I think he means in SF, not abroad...

Old Post Sep-14-2010 00:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
^^^

I think he means in SF, not abroad...

hmm i dont know about that...

he was playing gigs in sf just as often as any of the other local openers in the past few years, seems like i'd get an email from one of the sf clubs advertising him at least 1-2 times a month. thats his role, he needs to know his role.

if all of a sudden he wants to play diva and ask for headliner booking fee's no ones going to book him. but if he's flying off in tiesto's jet to ibiza then more power to him. there are some opening dj's like this Laidback luke guy I saw at Wet Republic in June and labor day weekend that have potential and might be headliners some day.

this guy, i dont think so.

Old Post Sep-14-2010 01:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Randy S
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Andrieux
He fucking sucks and there are a lot of SF locals that would agree with me on this one. Having to hear him open for headliners at Vessel is torture. On numerous occasions we've been to Vessel for the vodka specials before 11pm and was forced to listen to Max open, and every single time his beatmatching was off and horrific transitions where one song would end and he would just jumble into the next song like no one was listening. This wasn't just a one time occurrence, but multiple venues, multiple dates, heard from multiple people around the scene. I thought he was just some shitty SF local bedroom DJ, but it was just recently (last month) I found out who he was and his productions. I will now go out of my way to make sure I am no where near where he is playing.

And this is just a rant on his DJ "talent", let's not even begin what a fucking douche this guy is. One of the worst in SF.

Ah! Never seen him DJ just a fan of some of his and AN21s productions...

OPEN HOUSE PODCAST

Subscribe for free in iTunes!
Check out Randy on Beatport
Website - Soundcloud - Facebook - Youtube

Old Post Sep-14-2010 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Randy S Click here to Send Randy S a Private Message Visit Randy S's homepage! Add Randy S to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Some producers can't DJ and some DJ's can't produce. Getting a ghost producer is a easy thing to do if you are a good DJ, but it's not so easy to get someone to DJ and pretend that they are you while you are in the public eye. Unless you were wearing a mousehead or something

Old Post Sep-14-2010 19:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spinvinyl
Senior tranceaddict

hah i was just gonna say, someone introduce him to ableton so we can have our own deadmau5.

thanks for keepin it real Matt!

Old Post Sep-14-2010 21:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for spinvinyl Click here to Send spinvinyl a Private Message Add spinvinyl to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LYNDSAYwhaaat?
www.DjLyndsay.com

In the words of my best friend (and this doesn't reflect on my personal views AT ALL) "You spin mediocore tracks, and the mixes are not even excecuted well, you get the priveledge of spinning all over the world and you don't deserve it because you're not a good DJ. Why don't you buy tracktor or ableton to help you mix better, and stop you from trainwrecking, my god. Please quit"....

* from my friend that heard about the thread, that doesnt post on TA.... not my personal opinion* <3

Old Post Sep-15-2010 01:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LYNDSAYwhaaat? Click here to Send LYNDSAYwhaaat? a Private Message Visit LYNDSAYwhaaat?'s homepage! Add LYNDSAYwhaaat? to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Another SF Dj
tranceaddict in training

OK LET ME BREAT THIS DOWN ABOUT THIS DOUCHEBAG!

1ST OF MAX MAX WAS NEVER ANYONE IN THE SF SCENE HE BASICLLY LIKE SOMEONE SAID EARLIER WAS AT THE RIGHT SPOT AT THE RIGHT TIME.

HE CLAIMS TO BE A RUBY SKYE RESIDENT AND THIS AND THAT ILL GET TO THAT IN A MIN.

SO MAX WAS LIKE ANY OTHER SF LOCAL DJ... HUNGRY FOR GIGS. HE STARTED PRODUCING AND BY SOME LUCK HE GOT THE ATTENTION OF CHRIS LAKE. CHRIS RELEASED A SONG OF HIS ON A LABEL AND FROM THERE THIS IS HOW HE STARTED TO GET GIGS IN SF....

FRENCY SAW THAT HE WAS GETTING HOOKED UP BY A MAJOR ACT (CHRIS LAKE) SO FRENCHY TOOK HIM ALONG LIKE HIS LITTLE PROTOGE AND TO SEE IF FRENCHY CAN GET HOOKED UP. SO FRENCHY WOULD BOOK MAX TO PLAY WITH HIM (OPEN) AT RUBY, SLIDE, AND VESSEL. SOON LATER MAX GOT CONNECTED WITH STAFF AT SLIDE AND VESSEL AND WANTED TO DO HIS OWN NIGHT ONCE A MONTH AT THOSE CLUBS. AFTER HE DID THAT I HEARD THAT HIM AND DENNIS WENT TO FRENCHY WITH A COCKY ADDITUDE AND BASICLLY TOLD FRENCHY THAT THEY DONT NEED HIM ANYMORE. (REMEMBER FRENCHY S THE ONE WHO GOT HIM THE HOOK UP). WHAT A DICK MOVE

SO MAX DID HIS SAT NIGHTS ONCE A MONTH AT VESSEL AND SLIDE. BUT IF YOU NOTICE AFTER THAT HAPPENED WITH FRENCHY, MAX NEVER PLAYED AT RUBY OR ANY OTHER SPOT EVER AGAIN. THE PLACES THAT MAX PLAYED WERE BASICLLY AT HIS OWN PARTY.

THE SUCESS OF SLIDE AND VESSEL WERE GOOD ONLY BECAUSE OF THIS.... VESSEL AND SLIDE ALWAYS GER PACK ON SATURDAY NIGHTS NO MATTER WHO YOU HAVE IN THERE. THEY ARE JUST HOT LUBS ON THE WEEKENDS. YOU CAN HAVE MY MOM WHO DOESNT KNOW SHIT ABOUT DANCE MUSIC PLAY THERE AND IT WILL STILL BE PACK.

WELL AFTER THAT MAX GOT CONNTECTED WITH AN21 THROUGH KISSING HIS ASS ON MYSPACE AND ETC. FROM THERE THEY STARTED WORKING TOGETHER AND THERE YOU GO MAX MADE IT BIG.

I GIVE IT UP TO MAX FOR SELLING HIMSELF AND DOING THE RIGHT THING TO MAKE HIM BIG BUT THE DOUCHE BAG SUCKS ASS AND NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE HE CAME FROM AND EARN SOME RESPECT.ITS SORRY TO SEE THAT HIS OWN CITY DOESNT EVEN SUPPORT HIM.

WELL THATS SOME OF THE STORY... BEHIND MR. TRAINWRECK!

Old Post Sep-15-2010 05:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Another SF Dj Click here to Send Another SF Dj a Private Message Add Another SF Dj to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Another SF Dj
tranceaddict in training

JUST SHOW YOU THAT IT DOESNT MATTER HOW GOOD OF A SKILL YOU HAVE BEHING THE DECKS, IT WONT MAKE YOU BIG.... DJS< YOU NEED TO START TO PRODUCE!

OHHH AND I HEARD AN21 IS THE MAN BEHIND ALL THE WORK!

Old Post Sep-15-2010 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Another SF Dj Click here to Send Another SF Dj a Private Message Add Another SF Dj to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Old Post Sep-15-2010 05:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
omega1n
Coldharbour Addict

Old Post Sep-15-2010 13:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for omega1n Click here to Send omega1n a Private Message Add omega1n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
2tall
~!@#$%^&*

(as lyndsay would normally post)

Old Post Sep-15-2010 16:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 2tall Click here to Send 2tall a Private Message Visit 2tall's homepage! Add 2tall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
2tall
~!@#$%^&*

Old Post Sep-15-2010 18:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 2tall Click here to Send 2tall a Private Message Visit 2tall's homepage! Add 2tall to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone ever book SF native Max Vangeli?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarkus Schulz play #3 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDreamcatcher - "I Don't Wanna Lose My Way" (Magik Muzik Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread