Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > The Simple but good 2ch Mixer Thread
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Never heard of them....look to be, er, influenced by intimidation, which was around at that time.
Still, anything with a 'BASS IMPACT' button surely can't be that bad...

Oh my god, I just spat my lunch over my keyboard laughing at that. Well played mate.

Tbh he's using them with Stanton 800's which means it must be magic.

It does look a fuck of a lot like The Intimidation Don II in terms of faders and layout. he's even don't the decals on the faders and xfader the same way. Seems like they've been about forever but I've never seen or heard of them.

They have one mixer that states it's a Disco Mixer. Fancy.

Old Post Aug-16-2018 22:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

The absolute worst mixer I have ever owned is a pioneer DJM 400. Absolutely fucking awful i don't even know where to start with it.

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Aug-17-2018 00:42  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
The absolute worst mixer I have ever owned is a pioneer DJM 400. Absolutely fucking awful i don't even know where to start with it.

That was my first mixer back in the day. It was good in terms of it's simply layout with the Pioneer build quality, however the lack of a booth out and balanced outs killed me and I upgraded after about 3 years.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-17-2018 18:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

You'll get no love from me regarding Pioneer. Well actually, the sole thing I might say about them is that some payouts were decent, but other than that, they were the worse sounding, worst built, shittily sourced components of any mixers, especially given the price tag.

I actually bought the first DJM 500 in the UK for a friend (who wanted one so bad) about 6 months before it was officially released.

The fucking thing started to have all sorts of problems within 6 months about by the 1 year mark at least 2 of the pots didn't work and one of the faders needed replacement.

Absolute piece of shit.

The other problem I have with them is that their signal to noise ratio is horrendous and the moment you drive them too hard (common place when DJ Twat has specified is on his rider) they turn to absolute shit. You cannot even go half a bar in to the red before they descend in to clipping hell.

No fucking wonder Pioneer went bust. Then again, so did both Vestax and Ecler who actually made decent mixers.

Old Post Aug-17-2018 22:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

I'm saying nothing....
(for once)

Old Post Aug-17-2018 23:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Never heard of them....look to be, er, influenced by intimidation, which was around at that time.
Still, anything with a 'BASS IMPACT' button surely can't be that bad...

now that I think of it, the same would go for Shure Cartridges, deep solid drop bass, flat mids, sweet trebles, lol.

it says stuff like that on all their needles.

Palm said this awhile ago,

Old Post Aug-18-2018 00:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
You'll get no love from me regarding Pioneer. Well actually, the sole thing I might say about them is that some payouts were decent, but other than that, they were the worse sounding, worst built, shittily sourced components of any mixers, especially given the price tag.

I actually bought the first DJM 500 in the UK for a friend (who wanted one so bad) about 6 months before it was officially released.

The fucking thing started to have all sorts of problems within 6 months about by the 1 year mark at least 2 of the pots didn't work and one of the faders needed replacement.

Absolute piece of shit.

The other problem I have with them is that their signal to noise ratio is horrendous and the moment you drive them too hard (common place when DJ Twat has specified is on his rider) they turn to absolute shit. You cannot even go half a bar in to the red before they descend in to clipping hell.

No fucking wonder Pioneer went bust. Then again, so did both Vestax and Ecler who actually made decent mixers.

I have an Evo 5 and love it. Shame they’re gone.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-20-2018 00:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for miamitranceman Click here to Send miamitranceman a Private Message Add miamitranceman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

NIce, I use to have me a HAK380, I enjoyed the time I had with it, nobody I know was using that mixing trance as far I know.

Old Post Aug-20-2018 00:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
I have an Evo 5 and love it. Shame they’re gone.

Evo 5 was a good little mixer. Didn't it have built in FW soundcards?

Old Post Aug-21-2018 18:40 
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Didn't know where else to put this post since only 2 channel yet there is only thread to Beatport coupon instead of hardware deals only which is by me, sigh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292689319900?ul_noapp=true

Vestax rotary alert rotary alert...

Someone grab it.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 00:54  United States
Freak
Insert witty comment here

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Evo 5 was a good little mixer. Didn't it have built in FW soundcards?

Yes. It was traktor certified...
Shame nobody - and i mean nobody- wanted to use it.

quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Didn't know where else to put this post since only 2 channel yet there is only thread to Beatport coupon instead of hardware deals only which is by me, sigh

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292689319900?ul_noapp=true

Vestax rotary alert rotary alert...

Someone grab it.

Haha... I saw that earlier. RANN already has one, and I don't need it.
Still one of the best mixers ever made, although personally I preferred the (basically identical internally) PMC-500, as the layout was nicer in 19" format.

Old Post Aug-22-2018 01:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
miamitranceman
Extreme tranceaddict

I love my Evo 5. Yes it does take initial adjustment to get used to, but I’ve had mine since 2009 when I bought it preowned at the height of the recession over here for 900 bucks and it’s going strong. Literally one FireWire connection and Traktor is all set. Excellent sound quality too.

The thing that worries me is the FireWire as that format is dead. I suppose if my older mbp craps out I can get a newer one with a thunderbolt adaptor as I believe FireWire and thunderbolt are compatible.

quote:
Yes. It was traktor certified...
Shame nobody - and i mean nobody- wanted to use it.

Haha... I saw that earlier. RANN already has one, and I don't need it.
Still one of the best mixers ever made, although personally I preferred the (basically identical internally) PMC-500, as the layout was nicer in 19" format.

www.mixcloud.com/jluger

Old Post Aug-22-2018 17:31  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > The Simple but good 2ch Mixer Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMassive Tune!!!!!! 2000... [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPhil Green - "Tribal Trance" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread