Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Not really in the market for another synth right now, but I'm interested in seeing what NAMM has to offer, particularly the new DSI synth...

new DSI you say......

Old Post Jan-19-2017 17:08  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Yup, just announced a moment ago (REV2 - 16-voice successor to the P08):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRMyTPaz55w

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Jan-19-2017 17:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Product page is up, still haven't seen a price tag yet, though.

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/rev2/

edit: according to Matrixsynth:

quote:
The REV2 has a projected ship date of April 2017 with a MAP of $1499 for the 8-voice version and $1999 for the 16-voice version."

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/01/dave-smith-instruments-introduces-rev2.html

If that's real, and if they release a module, I'll probably be buying one.

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Last edited by cryophonik on Jan-19-2017 at 17:31

Old Post Jan-19-2017 17:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Product page is up, still haven't seen a price tag yet, though.

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/rev2/

edit: according to Matrixsynth:

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/01/...duces-rev2.html

If that's real, and if they release a module, I'll probably be buying one.

Never saw that coming, 16 voice for less than $2k is smart.

5 octave too, which also ain't bad.

I think if they do a module, it'll be non rack size though. Not really an issue for me, but a bit of a shame.

Old Post Jan-19-2017 18:52  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Never saw that coming, 16 voice for less than $2k is smart.

5 octave too, which also ain't bad.

I'm guessing there was probably an abrupt halt to the party over at the Behringer booth when the REV2 announcement was made.

quote:
I think if they do a module, it'll be non rack size though. Not really an issue for me, but a bit of a shame.

I'm just hoping that they keep all that knobby goodness of the keyboard version on it, rather than doing what they did with the P12 module.

Old Post Jan-19-2017 19:01  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Well the P08 desktop was all knobbage so who knows. I did notice on one of the Sonic State videos that they've moved the power supply to an internal one, I wonder it that would hamper the packaging of a desktop module?

I can't see me not getting a 16 voice REV2 though.

Old Post Jan-20-2017 12:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

me neither, never really impressed me in any demos ive heard, I think I just don't like that filter :-/

Old Post Jan-20-2017 17:12  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Dreadbox Erebus?? Tehlord did you have one of these?

Old Post Jan-27-2017 20:26  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
Dreadbox Erebus?? Tehlord did you have one of these?

I did.

Awesome machine. Their new one called Nyx looks pretty sweet too.

Old Post Jan-27-2017 23:15  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
I did.

Awesome machine. Their new one called Nyx looks pretty sweet too.

sweet - thinking of getting one for bass - giving the System-8 some serious thought, i know its just an 8 voice controller in essence but i think im more a VA person if im honest

analogue is great for extreme sounds and the like but i can never seem to fit them into a mix

edit: maybe if i get the dreadbox that will change

Old Post Jan-28-2017 20:50  Ireland
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

That new digital sampler by Elektron what you think of it?

Old Post Feb-09-2017 04:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Ok, so need some help my TA bretherin:

First up. Finally a new audio interface. 6 ins, 6 outs. Don't need mic pres. Cheap becuase I'm a miser.

Second, I need a new tunrtable / producing setup.

I was looking at something like the dualSF furniture but need to incorporate my imac:

Some variation of this. Yes, I could build one easily but I really don't have the time so I'll just pony up.

Any suggestions?

Old Post Feb-10-2017 00:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPretty Hard Core track need an ID PLZ. [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHypetraxx vs Sabrina Setlur - "Ich bin so" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread