Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

I thought it was going to be one theme for everyone?

Old Post Aug-29-2017 22:11  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
I thought it was going to be one theme for everyone?

I already explained my reasoning a couple pages ago. It was a difficult decision but there were too many nice ideas to just pick one.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Aug-30-2017 00:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

This has been going on for ages and now you start asking questions?

Old Post Aug-30-2017 10:07  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I already explained my reasoning a couple pages ago. It was a difficult decision but there were too many nice ideas to just pick one.

Pardon my oversight, not sure how I've missed that. The "Underwater" theme will be difficult, as I don't have many tracks with an aquatic nature to them, but I'll see if I can come up with something.

Old Post Aug-30-2017 17:54  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djkopernikus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred The "Underwater" theme will be difficult

That's why it's called "challenge".

Old Post Aug-30-2017 19:36  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for djkopernikus Click here to Send djkopernikus a Private Message Add djkopernikus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by djkopernikus
That's why it's called "challenge".

Any additional words of wisdom you can offer?

Old Post Aug-30-2017 20:12  Israel
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
Pardon my oversight, not sure how I've missed that. The "Underwater" theme will be difficult, as I don't have many tracks with an aquatic nature to them, but I'll see if I can come up with something.

drexciya discography

Old Post Aug-31-2017 14:30  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
drexciya discography

Cheers. The problem is that most of the aquatic tracks I know are both unavailable for sale in digital format, and are of very different genres. Mixing them in the same set will hardly work, I imagine. I'll see what I can come up with, though, if I still end up doing a mix.

edit: been going through some of my collection, and I think this will be easier than I had initially imagined. Hopefully I'll have a mix up soon, if anyone cares.

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Sep-03-2017 at 04:57

Old Post Sep-03-2017 02:59  Israel
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

So I have an idea for what I'm gonna do.. it's probably not gonna get a lot of fans due to it being a rather *ahem* decisive genre, but it definitely fits the theme.

Unfortunately, my laptop went kaput so I gotta get something new before I can make the mix :P

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Sep-07-2017 01:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Well this has been a much quieter start than I thought. There hasn't been much movement at all on this challenge so far.

Technically the deadline is on Sept 30th in a couple weeks but I was already planning on giving an extension anyways to at least the end of October. Can I get some status updates from people on how they are doing?

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-13-2017 13:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

I've got all the tracks, I just need to do the actual mix. I usually want to do these right away, but I was on vacation for a month.

Edit:
That is to say that it'll be ready within the given deadline, no extension needed.

Last edited by Mr.Mystery on Sep-14-2017 at 12:57

Old Post Sep-13-2017 17:39  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

I have done mine but really I struggled to identify what the word Urbanity even meant let alone tracks to fit with it. I inevitably ended up with darker techno esque tracks at the end. The tracks I picked conjure up images of cities and people in them for me anyway or tracks that make me think of certain clubs in citites so I just went with that.

Uploading now

Old Post Sep-14-2017 10:50  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help me ID this! [2006] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPinocchio - "Hypnotized" (Hayston's Whoop! Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread