Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

TOTA Golf Talk

Let us discuss one of the greatest past times in the world. Here we can discuss anything and everything about golf.

So John Daly has decided to quit golf. I feel bad for the guy....he is loved by the common man and I think we can all see a little bit of ourselves in him but he just can't play the game at the top level anymore.

quote:
DALY CLAIMS HE'S DONE WITH GOLF AFTER MISSING CUT

SAN DIEGO -- John Daly missed another cut and said Friday he was done with golf.

Whether that meant for the rest of the West Coast Swing or the rest of his career would not be determined until the two-time major champion stopped going to PGA Tour events.

Daly shot 71 at Torrey Pines and missed the cut by nine shots. Stopped in the parking lot by a crew from Golf Channel, which is filming his reality show, Daly said in a series of clipped responses, "I'm done. ... I can't compete. ... Just can't play like I used to."

Early Saturday, Daly thanked his fans in a two-part message on Facebook and claimed he wasn't financially able to continue on the tour.

"To ALL my Fans---my financial situation is putting me where I cannot focus on my game, I'm putting too much pressure on myself, the few sponsors that I have are great but it's not getting me thru these times--," the first part of the message read.

He continued: "i want to thank my fans throughout all these years&I don't like to continue to embarass myself-- maybe my mind may change down the road but right now i don't have the money to be on the tour. My game has never been the same since my rib injury during the Honda Classic in 2007. God Bless! JD"

It was the second time in six months Daly has said he was retiring. He threatened to quit after shooting 88 in the Buick Open last summer, although his swing coach attributed that to rapid weight loss. Daly went on to play four more times.

Golf Channel has been promoting a reality show starring Daly that is to debut in March. Daly is scheduled to play in two weeks at Pebble Beach, and he has received a sponsor's exemption to the Transitions Championship outside Tampa, Fla., in March.

"We haven't heard from him," said Gerald Goodman, the Transitions tournament director. "I wouldn't anticipate that to happen. I'm sure he was frustrated."

Daly has missed the cut in both his PGA Tour starts this year.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Jan-30-2010 16:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adamo
womp womp

pity post.

Old Post Jan-30-2010 21:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Adamo Click here to Send Adamo a Private Message Add Adamo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Decoder
Suspended User

Expensive sport.

Old Post Jan-31-2010 06:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Decoder Add Decoder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
snak3st
Senior tranceaddict

A good walk spoiled.

Old Post Jan-31-2010 08:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for snak3st Click here to Send snak3st a Private Message Add snak3st to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

golf doesn't have to be an expensive sport...if you go to the right courses. I can play for $40.00 a round and have a great time. Find me another sport that costs less then $10.00 an hour to play.

Old Post Jan-31-2010 18:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Decoder
Suspended User

Mostly passion, but then it's as expensive as Tennis, only if you win though, Lol.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Decoder Add Decoder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Let us discuss one of the greatest past times in the world. Here we can discuss anything and everything about golf.

So John Daly has decided to quit golf. I feel bad for the guy....he is loved by the common man and I think we can all see a little bit of ourselves in him but he just can't play the game at the top level anymore.

unfortunate for sure. def a crowd pleaser and losing 115 pounds in a year in hopes of better golf and not succeeding is unfortunate. there are rumours going around that hes "quitting" to help with his new show on the golf channel. cant see that being true based on daly's nature though.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

Re: Re: TOTA Golf Talk

quote:
Originally posted by jchung52
unfortunate for sure. def a crowd pleaser and losing 115 pounds in a year in hopes of better golf and not succeeding is unfortunate. there are rumours going around that hes "quitting" to help with his new show on the golf channel. cant see that being true based on daly's nature though.

Yeah I don't see him doing this as a publicity stunt. I know when I lost a lot of weight it really affected my golf game....and not for the better.

I think he should go and play on the nationwide tour or play in europe again....I would hate to see him just give up golf all together.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:46  Canada
lopi
Famous Titles

Nice Lawn.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:51  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for lopi Click here to Send lopi a Private Message Add lopi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced

I think he should go and play on the nationwide tour or play in europe again....I would hate to see him just give up golf all together.

def. european tour for sure, nationwide not so much.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Decoder
Suspended User

tours yea, full of sponsors!

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:57  Canada
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by lopi
Nice Lawn.

Old Post Feb-01-2010 18:59  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNice trance tune please ID [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCarl B ft. Breaking Benjamin - "Diary Of Jane" (Original Mix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread