Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Thats like saying you're pissed that your OFFICE2010 doesn't work on your Windows2000 system.

The Torch has a new OS, a new way of working and many possibilities, like anything, it will take time for the developers to make a different app for the Torch and OS6, or to create apps that are geared towards both.

Happened when the new BOLD came out, lots of older apps were not ready for OS5, so you had to wait. And when the Storm came out, fuck getting an app in fullscreen for that, you had to wait for them to be made specifically for it. But once it was, it was stellar.

Google apps work for BlackBerry, and the Torch. It comes preloaded... Google Sync is a install, and the GMAIL app and Contacts app is avail when you intergrate a GMAIL email account.

lol I find it funny how you made fun of me listening to Ian's opinion about phones b/c he has an iphone (yet he has never once mentioned that I should get an iphone b/c he knows I don't want one), yet you keep pushing BB even with my concerns. You WORK for them Sandeep. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Anyway, like I said before (and have told you a bunch of time privately), before making any decision to get the Torch, I'd want to wait for it to be out for a little while to see what users have to say.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 12:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
I don't use outlook calendar, but will once I go back to work in the summer. Perhaps I can get you to show me how you do it.

Right now I'm just using Google calendar and the one on my phone.

yeah for sure. outlook's calendar is the standard in calendar technology.

but i think that probably the google stuff will come very shortly and be useable in blackberry too.

but i agree. i would also wait a little bit if not for the bugs for the prices to drop.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 13:03  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Anyway, like I said before (and have told you a bunch of time privately), before making any decision to get the Torch, I'd want to wait for it to be out for a little while to see what users have to say.

The Torch being the only *NEW* product for BB phones for a little while, the price might drop only in another 6 months or so.

Buying a phone nowadays is like buying a computer. you can keep waiting for the price to drop on the device but when that price drops, the latest thing to come out is what you wish you had bought instead and you could end up procrastinating until you end up desperately needing to replace.

I'm not saying you should rush in for the Torch right now but the 'bugs' will only be software issues and should not be a reason to hold anyone back from buying a BB. As I said before, upgrading your BB is the easiest phone upgrade one could ask for - you plug your phone in, hit upgrade and boom, everything is done for you in at most an hour.

You're saying that OS6 doesnt run many apps right now. That's not a problem since it is now BB standard for all phones coming out. Your next option would be getting a phone that cannot go higher than 5 just so you can run soon-to-be outdated apps.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 13:26  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
lol I find it funny how you made fun of me listening to Ian's opinion about phones b/c he has an iphone (yet he has never once mentioned that I should get an iphone b/c he knows I don't want one), yet you keep pushing BB even with my concerns. You WORK for them Sandeep. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Lisa I have the Torch and it's amazing, no complaints at all, I highly suggest one.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 13:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend
Lisa I have the Torch and it's amazing, no complaints at all, I highly suggest one.

B-BU-BUT..... THE BUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old Post Sep-29-2010 13:55  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jester
[enigma within a enigma]

I just wish there was unbranded / unlocked Torch on the market.

Rogers finally added the Torch to their website.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 13:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for jester Click here to Send jester a Private Message Add jester to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

quote:
Originally posted by urban_legend

Just got it eh? Awesome. Be sure to post a review in the next few weeks after you've personalized it and played with it for awhile. I would love to read it.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 17:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

Ian does know you better, he is your BF and he is a owner of a iPhone and he knows what you want and what you use it for and most of all he knows you and why you don't want an iPhone.

I do however know you as well, and I am well aware of the capabilities of the BlackBerry and what it can do. And in addition to knowing you, and what you will use it for and your criteria, I recommending the Torch as your best bet. Not as someone who owns a BlackBerry, not as someone who once sold cell phones of ALL kinds for 6 years and definitely not as someone whom is kinda employed by BlackBerry...

And it's been out for a little while, it's been out for months, and be sure I know the bugs, because that shit kept me busy for WEEKS! Hence why new products are launched into the public in smaller markets one at a time so they can determine the bugs and errors. Once they find them, they work on fixing them. Now they are releasing them into new markets (Rogers and Canada being one of them).

The users will always say something, I LOVE my 9700, but I will tell you it's faults, and where I would like improvement. If you're waiting for someone to get a new M5 BMW and tell you the problems, if he wants to find one, he'll find one and then he'll blog it and you'll read it

I don't get a commission, I was just trying to help you out with what I know about what you want/need/use it for, and what I know about the Torch....and if anything, you getting a Torch means at least 10-15mins of our every interaction of us from no on in would involve me teaching you how to use or do something or fix your BlackBerry.

Actually, yeah, don't get the Torch...

Old Post Sep-29-2010 17:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

9780 FTW....just sayin :P

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Sep-29-2010 17:22  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodnet
•Damn• I look good.

does anyone know how to get the blackberry browser to automatically use WIFI once the BB connects to a wifi network? I know you can change this manually in the connection setting, but I want it to automatically use the wifi hotspot instead of the carrier network.

edit: using a Bold 9700, 5.0.0.442

Old Post Sep-29-2010 18:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for goodnet Click here to Send goodnet a Private Message Add goodnet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

not possible i believe...

ususally you can choose data preferential to wifi, but for some reason RIM hasn't been building that into firmwares lately

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Sep-29-2010 18:37  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
urban_legend
Original Hammer Crew

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
B-BU-BUT..... THE BUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No bugs that I see, we tested the shit outta this thing before release.

Old Post Sep-29-2010 19:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for urban_legend Click here to Send urban_legend a Private Message Add urban_legend to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed some help!:P [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCupa - "Mass Panic" (Concept Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread