Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

lol.

I had no idea polack was derogatory. Funny how we're so concerned about being politically correct here, but in Europe the media just adds fuel to the fire.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:52  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
lol.

I had no idea polack was derogatory. Funny how we're so concerned about being politically correct here, but in Europe the media just adds fuel to the fire.

yeah heh
in Russian, for Ukies it's "hohol" and for Ruskis it's "moskal" - but we always say it in a non-derogatory way

And leave this world behind...

Old Post Jun-13-2012 03:55  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Jun-13-2012 04:14  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Finals: Ahead.
Holland: Exit Right.

quote:
Originally posted by Xavier Moriarty
theres a great documentary on european hooligans but i forgot whats it called, when i do ill send you the link. you really oughta watch it to understand what this means to them

Probably the most comprehensive series I've seen was "The Real Football Factories" with Danny Dyer. He travels all over Europe and embeds himself in the firms, gives you a pretty good idea of how they work.

• Do Santos - Menina

Last edited by LightsOut on Jun-13-2012 at 13:49

Old Post Jun-13-2012 13:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
Sidenote - The Russians actually had permission for this holiday march from the city of Warsaw. Pretty big fuck up by the city if I may say so...

imagine what would happen if they didn't let them march? russians would act even more like victims. the polish officials definitely were stuck in a hard place. the marchers were protected by polish police and a lot of them. i dunno how much more welcoming they could have been.

trust me, you mix booze and football and years of tensions and you get this.

i even heard that it was russians dressed as polish fans stirring up trouble.

what about the banner? "this is russia" ummm, no it's not. lol.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 13:52  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

Re: Re: Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
and this aint supporting your team
I don't see other countries doing this, do you?

the march was a russian national holiday thing. i don't know what holiday but basically i think like "russia day" or something. they should have marched in russia, not another country.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 13:57  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

Re: Re: Re: Re: i don't think russian have any beef or vendetta against polish people at all.

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
the march was a russian national holiday thing. i don't know what holiday but basically i think like "russia day" or something. they should have marched in russia, not another country.

yeah equivalent to Canada Day here - and of course, nothing to do with Warsaw or soccer

Old Post Jun-13-2012 14:00  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for FunkyCrew Click here to Send FunkyCrew a Private Message Add FunkyCrew to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
it's very common for idiots to bring in their soviet flags to games when russians play, although it's ok most of the time i don't think they realized it would be ok in Poland, it has nothing to do with provoking anything trust me.

you really think that they are that dumb?

Old Post Jun-13-2012 14:02  Poland
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

anyways, what i wanna know is how are people watching these games during the day on their computers?

i thought i was not going to get into this tournament but now i am hooked.

Old Post Jun-13-2012 14:13  Poland
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
anyways, what i wanna know is how are people watching these games during the day on their computers?

HERE

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Jun-13-2012 14:23  Germany
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

let me guess, the russian hooligans didn't know the game stewards where not punching bags?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/e...ticle-1.1092616

all these fans are crazy!

Old Post Jun-13-2012 14:32  Poland
FunkyCrew
Ukranian Import

quote:
UEFA fines Russian football association €120,000 ($150,000) for fan violence at Euro 2012 - @AP

Old Post Jun-13-2012 15:10  Ukraine

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTransmission live Set 7-8-2003 Sydney Mp3 inside [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTilt - "Invisible" (Lost Tribe Vocal Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread