Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 124 - Irma Edition
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm trying to get going with writing my BA thesis. I'm doing the european witch hunts. 40 pages to go and I'm a terrible procrastinator. Fuck.

Old Post Sep-09-2017 22:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
It's been about 16 years since I lived in the UK and had paper/hemp/whatever-they-use-in-the-UK money in my hand, so I can't remember the feel of it so well.

I'd like to mail you a dollar bill to prove my point but regretfully I'm too cheap.

I'm trying to plan where to eat tonight there are so many great restaurants and the night life is ridiculous. Eat, drink, sleep, and repeat. I can't believe poor Jay exiled himself to China. Oh the curse of yellow fever!

Old Post Sep-09-2017 22:31 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Whoa, I'm playing Civilization V with some of my brother's mates and one of them apparently had to evacuate Tallahassee because of hurricane Irma. I had no idea it would be a problem so far North in Florida, but just heard on CNN it may well make landfall there and storm surges can be a problem... Better safe than sorry, I guess.
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Designated Survivor is a guilty pleasure but it's more like Nikita crossed with 24. It's a little cheesey at times which is why I don't think it gets as much critical love but it's one of the highest watched shows in the US right now.

Oh, yeah, Maggie Q! I completely forgot about Nikita

Is it that popular? I had no idea. People on Facebook won't shut up about Game of Thrones, and I don't think I saw a single person mention Designated Survivor there, so I thought it was one of those series only people in waiting rooms watch
quote:
I loved 24. It gets real good in the middle seasons, especially 3-5, but - the last couple were a bit meh.

I guess it's because we're in the latter half of the first season, and the creators were still getting the hang of it or something

Not sure we'll make that far though - 24 episodes per season is a tad bit too much for us. We usually just watch 3 episodes per week!

Old Post Sep-10-2017 06:34  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Also, I can't believe you guys actually have money on you

I mean, I'm in a developing country and the last time I touched a Real bill must've been in late July or something... to give it to a beggar What do you use actual paper money for? Don't you make most payments with debit cards?

Old Post Sep-10-2017 06:36  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I have a mate who once brassily insisted that paper money was dead and that he was exclusively using his card henceforth. The next thing we did was walk in to a pub and he ordered a pint. The card reader didn't recognise his card and he had to run out to find a cash machine. Sucker.

Personally, I find it a lot easier to keep track of my money when it's physically depleting out of my wallet, which is apparently backed up by a lot of research on spending habits. And there are always transactions you might not necessarily want to show up on your bank statement...

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-10-2017 07:18  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Also, I can't believe you guys actually have money on you

I mean, I'm in a developing country and the last time I touched a Real bill must've been in late July or something... to give it to a beggar What do you use actual paper money for? Don't you make most payments with debit cards?

I just found an actual bill from my wallet. No idea where it came from or how long it's been there.

Old Post Sep-10-2017 08:14  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
I loved 24. It gets real good in the middle seasons, especially 3-5, but - the last couple were a bit meh.

I somehow missed this. 24 was shit. Really shit, and predictable, and Kiefer Sutherland is a shit actor.

Old Post Sep-10-2017 08:57  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I have a mate who once brassily insisted that paper money was dead and that he was exclusively using his card henceforth. The next thing we did was walk in to a pub and he ordered a pint. The card reader didn't recognise his card and he had to run out to find a cash machine. Sucker.

Personally, I find it a lot easier to keep track of my money when it's physically depleting out of my wallet, which is apparently backed up by a lot of research on spending habits. And there are always transactions you might not necessarily want to show up on your bank statement...

Good post, and I've found myself in that embarrassing situation once or twice before (I keep cash in my wallet for bad shit though). I've actually found myself using cash a lot more in the last 12 months, for the same reason - budgeting. I'm saving up for something nice

Old Post Sep-10-2017 09:04  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Shoes?

Old Post Sep-10-2017 09:54  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

I actually just bought new shoes.

Old Post Sep-10-2017 11:03  Australia
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

Watching live coverage of Irma rolling in on The Weather Channel. I like the "wide stance" all the reporters are using to resist the wind. I think a similar "wide stance" got one of our Congressmen in trouble in the men's room at the Capitol a few years ago...

Old Post Sep-10-2017 11:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I actually just bought new shoes.

What kind?

I'm in the market for a fresh new pair. All black, of course.

Perhaps a pair of boots, since I'm actually subjecting myself to a winter this year.

Old Post Sep-10-2017 11:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 124 - Irma Edition
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOldie, kinda sounds like this one... [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Van Dyk - "Nothing But You" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread