Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > why Canada?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Xavier Moriarty
one man only, 8 swords

why Canada?

quote:
CARTAGENA, Colombia — A summit of 33 Western Hemisphere leaders opened Saturday with the United States and Canada standing firm, but alone, against everyone else’s insistence that Cuba join future summits. Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, a U.S. ally, opened the summit with a criticism of Cuba’s exclusion, calling it an unjustified anachronism of the Cold War. He also urged a reconsideration of the war on narcotics that he said began a century ago, referring obliquely to growing suggestions that the hemisphere’s nations consider ending a prohibition of many drugs that has fed violence and crime. U.S. President Barack Obama has been clinging to a rejection of Cuban participation in the summits, which everyone but Canada deems unjust. "This is the last Summit of the Americas," Bolivia’s foreign minister, David Choquehuanca, told The Associated Press, "unless Cuba is allowed to take part." The fate of the summit’s final declaration has been thrown into uncertainty as the foreign ministers of Venezuela, Argentina and Uruguay said Friday their presidents wouldn’t sign it unless the U.S. and Canada removed their veto of future Cuban participation. Vigorous discussion is also expected on drug legalization, which the Obama administration opposes. And Obama will be in the minority in his opposition to Argentina’s claim to the British-controlled Falkland Islands. The charismatic Obama may be able to charm the region’s leaders as he did in 2009 with a pledge of being an "equal partner," but he will also have to prove the U.S. truly values their friendship and a stake in their growth. "The United States should realize that its long-term strategic interests are not in Afghanistan or in Pakistan but in Latin America," Santos said in a speech to business leaders at a parallel CEO summit on Friday. In large part, declining U.S. influence comes down to waning economic clout, as China gains on the U.S. as a top trading partner. It has surpassed the U.S. in trade with Brazil, Chile, and Peru and is a close second in Argentina and Colombia. "Most countries of the region view the United States as less and less relevant to their needs — and with declining capacity to propose and carry out strategies to deal with the issues that most concern them," the Washington-based think-tank the Inter-American Dialogue noted in a pre-summit report.

hooker incident not included !!

but its a legit question from me, person who never gave 2 fucks about Canadas foreign policies. this one had me scratching my head because, even after thorough search, i could not find not one reason why Canada would do this sans the obvious us sphincter kissing.

here are my questions and please keep in mind that i do not understand this and that i am looking for genuine answers :

1. was this harpers doing?? i mean he was there, did he veto this or was the whole country, or house of parliament, or a council of elders behind him?

2. what is the reasoning behind this...... i dont even know what to call it, besides the obvious (like i said above, sphincter kissing). what has Canada to gain by refusing Cuba to participate in summit of americas? im not being sarcastic at all, i fail to see the point of this decision ??

3. what kind of democracy is this?? our country is taking sides with the biggest bully of them all on account of a grugde some 50 years in the making?? FUN FACT :

quote:
For the 18th year in a row, the United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday voted to condemn the 47-year embargo against Cuba by the United States. The draft resolution was passed by a vote of 187-3, with 2 abstentions. Only the United States, Israel and Palau voted against the measure. Micronesia and the Marshall Islands abstained.

187 - 3 FOR removing sanctions, and these results are 2009. go usa and israel, may your democracy light the way forward !!!!

4. is the most important question, since its aimed at you, regular tax payin' law obidin' Canadian. and its a 3 part question :

4.1. its cheaper to stay at a 3 star resort in Cuba, one of the tropical paradises, than it is to stay at..let say grand bend. do the math and its true. so is our governments spineless politics worth it?? they dont give a fuck, they can afford a week or two at bora bora, no biggie, but most of us cant.

4.2. up until now a Canadian flag on your backpack was pretty much a guarantee of a pleasant vacation, im 100% sure it was in Europe i dont know about the rest of the world but i kinda think it was. none of these ****s will ever try backpacking across Europe, or relaxing in phillipines, taking a sip of beer in thailand.... everyday Canadian will, how will he/she feel about this?

4.3. how long before masses wake up and realize what is going on?

"may the bridges we burn light our way forward" can take us just so far. what do you do when theres no more bridges to burn??

Old Post Apr-19-2012 05:01  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for Xavier Moriarty Click here to Send Xavier Moriarty a Private Message Add Xavier Moriarty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

We used to be Cuba's bro.

Old Post Apr-19-2012 05:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Euphorica
Next level beats

harper is a wannabe american . always has been. always will be.

hes terrible for this country

Old Post May-02-2012 15:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Euphorica Click here to Send Euphorica a Private Message Add Euphorica to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CMR
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Euphorica
harper is a wannabe Republican.

Fixed.

Old Post May-02-2012 21:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for CMR Click here to Send CMR a Private Message Add CMR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Platipus
317 Godfather

Its my understanding that the Summit of the Americas is for Democratic Countries, since Cuba is not a democratic nation it is automatically excluded.

Simple.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Platipus Click here to Send Platipus a Private Message Add Platipus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-g-
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Platipus
Its my understanding that the Summit of the Americas is for Democratic Countries, since Cuba is not a democratic nation it is automatically excluded.

Simple.

it isn't.
the Summit's own membership definition simply says "governments of the western hemisphere", and i can easily see why everyone else is pissed that somehow cuba gets excluded for no better reason than the US says so.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for -g- Click here to Send -g- a Private Message Visit -g-'s homepage! Add -g- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ferg
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Euphorica
harper is a wannabe american . always has been. always will be.

hes terrible for this country

yup.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:56  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for Ferg Click here to Send Ferg a Private Message Add Ferg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > why Canada?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSolved?? Is this slow trancey music in "V" from "28 days Later"? Plse compare! [2010] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde vs Lange - "Memory" (JamX & De Leon Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread