Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The melodic progressive thread
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Jay/Prod
tranceaddict in training

Smile #1 Most Played DJ On Soundcloud For Melodic Progressive House = Jay/Prod

Now This Is Cool.

Love This Genere Too.

Towards The Few At The Start All My Mixes Are Most Listened To On Soundclouds "Melodic House" Section. Cool to be the most listened to dj for this genre on the page (that is in repeat and etc) for soundcloud desktop.

You Can Find It Here

Old Post Here

You Can Find My Mixes Here

Hope You Guys Enjoy.

Edit:

I can find it for mobile but seems different on pc. Thanks all for the support.

Last edited by Jay/Prod on Mar-29-2019 at 06:22

Old Post Aug-14-2018 05:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay/Prod Click here to Send Jay/Prod a Private Message Add Jay/Prod to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

Old Post Aug-16-2018 07:33  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

made an offer for this cuz it was quite expensive us 12'' version.

Old Post Aug-16-2018 12:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Aug-24-2018 20:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

Old Post Sep-12-2018 12:24  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN

I'm a little disappointed in this. Three legends get togther to make a 7 min track and the first 2mins are nothing but perc, then although it's very nicely engineered, there's really not much to it. I'm sure it would bubble as a transition track at 2am in to something darker but given the caliber of what all of these guys have put out over the years it seems pretty like a pretty shy output.

Old Post Sep-12-2018 21:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's not all three of them, it's just Seaman. When they do a 3D EP they do a separate track each.

It's not "melodic prog" anyway, it's tech house. These kind of tracks with that techy bass always sound really flat at home, and then you hear them on a good club system and they become seriously punchy. And yeah, it's more of a tool than a bomb, but it's very characteristic of what Seaman has been playing and Selador have been putting out recently. No great shocks. I was more of a fan of Hired State Of Unconsciousness from the last 3D EP. I'm still rinsing that one, although it doesn't belong in this thread.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-12-2018 21:45  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah, this stuff doesn't shine at all in a bedroom but can work in a club, hence the 2am explanation and I'm not really that aware of what Seaman has done over the last couple of years. I've always found him solid when live, even if you have to give him a little patience to find the "groove" of the room. Thanks and Interesting to know these EP's were one from each - I had always assumed they were collabs where all three worked on each of the individual's tracks.

Even though not Melodic prog in it's real form, i'd argue that it falls a little bit in to the melodic side of house as it reminds we of some of the toolroom/dirty bird releases from a while back but again, they too cross over heavily in to tech and deep house territory.

Old Post Sep-13-2018 00:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

I figure anything that i like which isn’t epic trance must be melodic prog. I had no idea my tastes had gotten so diverse!

Old Post Sep-13-2018 01:54  Australia
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

If I had more balls I would play that kind of stuff all the time, because when it's done well (IE: not by Tale Of Us and co.) it sounds so cutting edge and so effective in a club. The problem is that when you don't have a fuck-off club system to play through every weekend the tunes never sound quite right, and so I don't end up playing them.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Sep-13-2018 12:13  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
If I had more balls I would play that kind of stuff all the time, because when it's done well (IE: not by Tale Of Us and co.) it sounds so cutting edge and so effective in a club. The problem is that when you don't have a fuck-off club system to play through every weekend the tunes never sound quite right, and so I don't end up playing them.

That's such a big issue for so many great tracks now though. I remember playing at this bar for a mates birthday that surprisingly had a big system (mainly turbosound) and it's lets you drop tracks that in a bedroom or house party setting just fall flat.

I got a much better understanding for the whole Dirtybird and Diynamic records sound that always perplexed me as to why it was so popular when it sounded so shit production wise on smaller systems. It was only when my mate started dropping them on that system that it started making sense.

I actually feel that's a lot of what Sasha plays these days. One of his sets from the last BPM in tulum was basically all that stuff that only works on a big system and sounds terrible through headphones or even decent room monitors.

Old Post Sep-14-2018 17:55 
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Tracklist:
01 Y-VEK - Skydome (Original Mix)
02 NDNL - The Last Loner (Extended Mix)
03 Eimear - Wake Up (Skua Remix)
04 Frahma - Calm Positivity (Original Mix)
05 Sergey Shvets - Scandinavian Forest (Extended Mix)
06 Ellez Ria presents Arkam - Ying (Extended Mix)
07 Tom Bro - The Ocean (Original Mix)
08 Blufeld - Scintilla (Original Mix)
09 Ion Luca - Every Day Is A Chance (Original Mix)
10 Timewave - Transcend (Dreamcast Remix)

Love this one:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Oct-12-2018 19:10  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The melodic progressive thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback2003 Tune ==== HELP ID [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNuclear Ramjet - "Deep Blue" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread