Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by Taipan
Damn, I didn't watch it cause the games are on at 2:45 am here, but I'm definitely going to footytube it later. Bayern are looking awesome at the moment. Neuer is the man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rlos-Tevez.html

Edit: This one explains it better: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/47631...ation-explained

Modern day slave.

2:45 am where? are you not in NYC? was on at 11:45am today here in LA (streamed it online...). Neuer is awesome, but he didn't have much work to do against city. I think Lahm has been such a pleasure to watch because he's absolutely faultless. Kroos has been awesome this year and Muller is great. the wingers are great but i wish they weren't - i want to see Usami get some playing time

Old Post Sep-28-2011 03:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

wait that article was from 2009 and it stated that in order for him to stay in the premier league, a team would have to buy out the businessman, reverting ownership to the club in question. surely man city did that?

Old Post Sep-28-2011 04:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Taipan
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
wait that article was from 2009 and it stated that in order for him to stay in the premier league, a team would have to buy out the businessman, reverting ownership to the club in question. surely man city did that?

According to this 2011 article I think you're right, although its still quite messy and confusing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav...battle-revealed

Old Post Sep-28-2011 06:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Taipan Click here to Send Taipan a Private Message Add Taipan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Taipan
tranceaddict

quote:
2:45 am where? are you not in NYC? was on at 11:45am today here in LA (streamed it online...). Neuer is awesome, but he didn't have much work to do against city. I think Lahm has been such a pleasure to watch because he's absolutely faultless. Kroos has been awesome this year and Muller is great. the wingers are great but i wish they weren't - i want to see Usami get some playing time

China, its rough because once it gets to the quarter finals the games start at 4:45 am here. But those stages are too exciting to miss. Yea Bayern's got a lot of talent on their hands although to be honest I mainly follow the Prem and Champions league.

Old Post Sep-28-2011 06:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Taipan Click here to Send Taipan a Private Message Add Taipan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Living there or visiting?

I've never been big on the premier league. Follow bundesliga and la liga in spain. I try to keep up on what's happening in Austria as well but it's not really worth it... I didn't grow up around a lot of ppl who followed world football, so it wasn't until a few years ago that I learned of the premier league's reputation from people like my best friends cousins who follow it religiously. I always watched the bundesliga because I'm austrian and austrian football is a mess so my dad urged me to do what he did when he was younger and follow the germans, and I've been big on spanish football because I love how much flair they play with and, after seeing a game at camp nou (aunt lives in barca) when i was younger I've been hooked.

Old Post Sep-29-2011 06:43  United States
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Also -
I chinese friend and schoolmate of mine here and I were actually just talking about it earlier today. He mentioned that growing up in China he always followed the bundesliga because they were some of the only games on TV in china, since the premier league pulled out of chinese tv, wanting more money or somethin glike that.

Old Post Sep-29-2011 06:44  United States
Taipan
tranceaddict

quote:
Also -
I chinese friend and schoolmate of mine here and I were actually just talking about it earlier today. He mentioned that growing up in China he always followed the bundesliga because they were some of the only games on TV in china, since the premier league pulled out of chinese tv, wanting more money or somethin glike that.

Living, so I hope that you're not right about that. I know for a fact they played the prem on tv here last year. This season I've watched all the games streaming, but I've been looking forward to hitting up the pubs for when the season starts to get interesting.

Bundelsliga sounds like something I could get into - apparently most goals of any league. Can't go wrong with that!

Old Post Sep-29-2011 16:50  United States
Ian
Not dead yet.

Bundesliga is weird. There is a distinct gulf in class between the main dozen or 15 sides and anybody else who comes up leaving many teams yo-yoing and not an awful lot of new blood coming in. Each league is different though. English is more physical than others, Italian is generally slower & can be mindnumbingly boring at times even with 'world class' players on show. Spanish has flair and is more patient on the whole than the english. Other leagues are ok in bits, french is one of them but lack overall quality on a big scale so it's hard to associate a lot with.

Old Post Sep-29-2011 17:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

FAO: Barca fans

Anybody watch today's game??
yowza haha

Old Post Nov-06-2011 20:51  United States
Joss Weatherby
Banned

WHO DOESNT LIKE FOOTIES!

Old Post Nov-06-2011 21:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ian
Not dead yet.

Re: FAO: Barca fans

quote:
Anybody watch today's game??
yowza haha

I got 1 screenshot of Valdes trying to catch Fernando Llorente. The conditions were brutal though, I'm sure barca spent the second half trying to pass the ball into the puddle outside the box for people to run onto. Fun for the fans though.

Old Post Nov-06-2011 21:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ian Click here to Send Ian a Private Message Add Ian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

So Japan are the current reigning unofficial football world champions. They are a few minutes away from losing to North Korea (in a 2014 qualifying match).
North Korea are about to be the unofficial world champions. AMAZING

this wouldn't have happened if my main man takashi usami were playin

Old Post Nov-15-2011 08:50  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The footy discussion thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (34): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProg from ASoT 198 [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVincent De Moor - "No Hesitation" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread