Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah I got rid of the Odyssey, or rather I sent it back.

I replaced it with.......a microbrute and a JX03. They just suit the live jam thing more for me right now. I don't think I'd buy another Odyssey though, I just didn't gel with it.

I have no idea what kind of filters Dreadbox use, but the whole package on the Erebus I had was awesome. Wonderful sounding machines. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that you couldn't tune the oscillators 7 semitones apart without pushing one down and the other up, thus losing the pitch of the note you were on. I don't know if they fixed that on the Nyx.

Old Post Jan-13-2017 20:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

hopefully dreadbox are at NAMM so sonicstate can review the Nyx

meanwhile, the OB-6 sounds incredible here at the start of this vid

Old Post Jan-13-2017 21:51  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
Im gassing for a new synth - what it will be i do not know

looking at
-sub37, 2nd hand voyager
-dsi ob-6, pro 2
-juno jd-xa, system-8
-oberheim sem pro
-dreadbox nyx

trying to watch as many demos as i can, hard to know. OB-6 winning so far...

That's quite a range there but I'd go for a 2nd hand voyager. They aint cheap but if you want the depth and like that FX, there's really nothing that sounds like it.

Old Post Jan-13-2017 23:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

If you bought a Voyager now you'd just look at it and realise what a failure you were for not working a bit harder and having a new Model D.

Old Post Jan-14-2017 14:35  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
If you bought a Voyager now you'd just look at it and realise what a failure you were on Gearslutz for not working a bit harder and having a new Model D.

fixed

Old Post Jan-14-2017 16:14  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

was listening to some demos of the Oberheim SEM Pro, the new version, really like the sound of that, its moved right up the list
would prefer it had a keyboard but not a deal breaker

cant believe the Two Voice is 4 grand - i just dont see why you would buy one of them instead of an OB-6 plus change!!

Old Post Jan-14-2017 16:17  Ireland
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone here gassing to do Deadmau5' online music course? Or Hans Zimmer's?

Old Post Jan-14-2017 20:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
was listening to some demos of the Oberheim SEM Pro, the new version, really like the sound of that, its moved right up the list
would prefer it had a keyboard but not a deal breaker

cant believe the Two Voice is 4 grand - i just dont see why you would buy one of them instead of an OB-6 plus change!!

Well I do think the 2 voice just sounds 'better'.

I'm not sure it's something I'd ever use, but when it's right, it's fuuuuucking right.

The OB6 does make a nice noise for a lot less though.

I'm hearing some nice tones out of the DM12 on YT at the moment too.

Old Post Jan-14-2017 20:55  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

cool any particular DM12 ones?

Old Post Jan-15-2017 00:20  Ireland
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
cool any particular DM12 ones?

This guy has a few up

One thing I note is that the FX are very good, and as part of a synth where modulation is deep and easy to implement I can only see that as a good thing.

There's a bit of fizz to the osc's/filters as well. Not like an OB6 or Model D, but it's 3-4 times cheaper and has 2-12 times the polyphony!

Old Post Jan-15-2017 11:43  United Kingdom
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
This guy has a few up

One thing I note is that the FX are very good, and as part of a synth where modulation is deep and easy to implement I can only see that as a good thing.

There's a bit of fizz to the osc's/filters as well. Not like an OB6 or Model D, but it's 3-4 times cheaper and has 2-12 times the polyphony!

thanks, pads seem really good despite no Saw on OSC2

seems like a decent bread and butter synth, they will sell by the bucket load im sure

im leaning towards Oberheim SEM Pro at the moment, with its single voice lol

Old Post Jan-15-2017 15:22  Ireland
cryophonik
Boom shanka

Not really in the market for another synth right now, but I'm interested in seeing what NAMM has to offer, particularly the new DSI synth...

Sonar Platinum | Ableton Live 9 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post Jan-18-2017 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > 2016/17 Winter Gas.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from DJ before Nick Warren Live @ La Rocca 19-12-09 [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback LFO - Freak [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread