Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Tony Morello
The Renegade Master

quote:
Originally posted by
well, my HDJ-1000's just went and snapped on me, right out of the blue. i guess all the stories ive read them about are true. after reading through this thread im going to be picking up some of these 7506's, there's not one negative thing thats been written in any of the posts that i can see, so they must be that good. But, one question i do have, is, has anybody done a side by side comparison with the HD-25's? as those were the other cans i was thinking of getting, but i'd just as soon save myself the money and go for the sony's.

i haven't done a side by side comparison but i've used both and i went for the 7506's

the hd-25's are a great heapdhone but i wanted something that went around the ear, supraural?

and in regards to people not knowing what they're talking about

gluegun is a headphone audiophile, he knows what he's talking about

essentially the 7506 are the same build as the v6, just with a few higher quality parts

Twitter
The Drunken Monkey Podcast
The Mixdown Podcast presented by Tony Morello

Last edited by Tony Morello on Dec-02-2006 at 01:12

Old Post Dec-02-2006 01:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Tony Morello Click here to Send Tony Morello a Private Message Visit Tony Morello's homepage! Add Tony Morello to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
J:\Digital

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Morello

essentially the 7506 are the same build as the v6, just with a few higher quality parts

I now own one pair of each..

As for the HD-25s.. All I gotta say about them, they are tighter than a virgin.. They suck to you head so tight and typhoon wouldn't be able to rip them off you head... and I agree with Tony, I also wanted something that completely engulfed my ear..

Old Post Dec-02-2006 01:51 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LuckyKarma

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Morello

the hd-25's are a great heapdhone but i wanted something that went around the ear, supraural?

circumaural

I think I may have finally found my perfect headphone! I've gone through many on my search.. first Sennheiser HD497s, then HD555s, then AKG K81DJs, then Grado SR225s... and now finally the Sony V6! I was a little skeptical with all the talk about harsh highs and on a few songs this is definitely true.. but I've found that using the Treble Reducer EQ preset on my iPod produces nearly perfect sound for just about every genre I listen to I'm not used to a headphone that is this versatile.. For me it's been the K81DJs for trance/electronica, the SR225s for rock, and the HD555 for everything else. But this headphone can really do it all!

Old Post Dec-02-2006 04:53 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

If anyone is interested I got mine from here:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/shop.cfm

They seem to be pretty rare in the UK, with just a handful of people selling them. I brought from these guys and managed to get them cheaper than anyone selling in the UK, carriage included. Allin I think I paid just under £100.

Jarv

Old Post Dec-02-2006 10:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
4clubber
Senior tranceaddict

for anyone that still cares, i found this on another forum - a test similar to what Tony Morello and J:\Digital performed, but with the opposite results:

"Okay, okay....this really wan't much of a mystery anymore. But just to confirm: they're the same headphones.

I now own them both. I assumed they were the same going into this. The only differences? MDR-7506's say "MDR-7506" on each earpiece instead of "MDR-V6." MDR-7506's come with blue stickers that say "Professional" on them -- V6's come with red stickers that said something like "Digital Ready" (I can't remember exactly what they said, as I took them off a while ago). MDR-7506 has what looks like a black anodized metal housing leading to a gold-plated mini plug with a gold 1/4" adapter. The MDR-V6 has a silver-colored anodized metal housing (otherwise exactly the same shape as the 7506's) leading to a silver/chrome-colored mini plug with a silver/chrome-colored 1/4" adapter. Also, the MDR-7506's come with an expoded parts diagram (if any of you with V6's is looking for replacement part numbers, let me know, and I may be able to help).

I slapped my extra pair of Beyer velour pads on the 7506's and gave both a listen. They are indeed the exact same pair of headphones (other than the differences already noted). Here's an interesting thing though -- there are slight but noticeable differences in sound, but I attribute this as likely being break-in effect (the V6's have seen a lot of hours of use). And, yes, I prefer the V6's at this time because of that break-in. I'd be willing to bet that the 7506's will sound exactly like the V6's at some point (assuming breaking in levels off with both at some point, which I expect)."

a soul thing
http://www.soundcloud.com/petkonik

Old Post Dec-14-2006 03:44  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for 4clubber Click here to Send 4clubber a Private Message Add 4clubber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Currently I have a Senn HD25 for playing out, but I decided to buy a pair of 7506 for back up/use for mp3 player purposes.

Pro:
-seems well built
-ear cup large enough to completely cover my ears. tested it outside and could barely hear the traffic and I didn't have the music on loud
-good sound quality overall
-cord long enough so that you're not snagging the cans and not too long that you're tripping over it

Cons
-ear piece is rather large so that when I hang the cans on my neck, it's very uncomfortable. may be due to the fact that I'm a small Asian kid w/ short neck
-don't like how the headband sits on top of the head unlike most other cans I've tried. headband leans forward in order to have proper fit of ear cup on the ear
-bass could be a bit louder

none of the cons are major IMO and are primarily my preferences being used to the hd25s.

Overall a good set of cans. Def. worth 160 bucks incl. tax and shipping (in Canada)

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Mar-15-2007 22:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak
Insert witty comment here

quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree

-don't like how the headband sits on top of the head unlike most other cans I've tried. headband leans forward in order to have proper fit of ear cup on the ear
-

Do as I do...
Wear them backwards, L on R and vice versa.
Admittedly I do that as I cannot stand the cord being on the other side, but it solves your problem too

Old Post Mar-15-2007 23:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak Click here to Send Freak a Private Message Add Freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree
Currently I have a Senn HD25 for playing out, but I decided to buy a pair of 7506 for back up/use for mp3 player purposes.

Pro:
-seems well built
-ear cup large enough to completely cover my ears. tested it outside and could barely hear the traffic and I didn't have the music on loud
-good sound quality overall
-cord long enough so that you're not snagging the cans and not too long that you're tripping over it

Cons
-ear piece is rather large so that when I hang the cans on my neck, it's very uncomfortable. may be due to the fact that I'm a small Asian kid w/ short neck
-bass could be a bit louder

none of the cons are major IMO and are primarily my preferences being used to the hd25s.

Overall a good set of cans. Def. worth 160 bucks incl. tax and shipping (in Canada)

I got the SP version, which has a cheaper headband... I love it , the regular HD25 are awesome too

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Mar-16-2007 00:08  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bucke
is bigger than Deadmau5

i just ordered a pair of 7506's since my stanton 3000's BROKE FOR THE 3RD TIME!!!!!!! i didnt feel like glueing them back together this time so i tossed them. i hope the sony's live up to their name i have my backup v500's till i get them....

on another note back to the stanton dj pro 3000 headphones, i've had nothing but problems with them. its like their made of paper or something, they broke 3 times in 3 separate places,the cord gave out in less than a month and i could only hear the highs and no lows, and had to wait 2months for the ******s to send me a new one cuz they didnt have it in stock. just terrible.

check out my music @ http://www.xstreamist.com/members/270/audio.php
www.bucke.podomatic.com

Old Post Mar-17-2007 23:15  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for bucke Click here to Send bucke a Private Message Visit bucke's homepage! Add bucke to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cmay119
Supreme tranceaddict

You will not be dissapointed. They are wonderful headphones. They hold snug to your head and encompass your entire ear. Sound reproduction is an every way phenominal for the price of these cans.

You cannot get a better pair of headphones in this price range, Period.

Old Post Mar-19-2007 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cmay119 Click here to Send cmay119 a Private Message Add cmay119 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

I've broken mine in for about a year now, they sound great. Stickers came off and the padding has some little tears, but this just makes them feel more special

Old Post Mar-19-2007 04:28  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bucke
is bigger than Deadmau5

just got my pair in today. all i can say is wow. they sound crystal clear, feel sooo comfortable going around the ears, the cord isn't too long like my other phones, but most of all i'm really amazed at the sound quality. like some people said the highs are a little bit more prominent but that doenst bother me in any way because the sound reproduction is sooo accurate. i think i'm gonna love these.

check out my music @ http://www.xstreamist.com/members/270/audio.php
www.bucke.podomatic.com

Old Post Mar-21-2007 20:19  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for bucke Click here to Send bucke a Private Message Visit bucke's homepage! Add bucke to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Sony MDR-7506 Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (20): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOK i have posted some TOUGH ones...so here is an EASY one to ID...hope u can [2002] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMeridian - "A Long Time" (Carlo Resoort Remix B) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread