Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2010 > VOTE NOW: WMC vs IBIZA
If you had to pick one???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
WMC 14 35.00%
IBIZA 26 65.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Stacks
tranceaddict

One thing Ibiza doesn't have anymore, with a few exceptions is the 24 hour party. Everything pretty much stops at 6 am and doesn't start back up until 4:30 pm. It will be insane but it also seems like anyone going now is 4 years to late. Although people say the WMC isn't as good as before either.

Old Post Mar-01-2010 13:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Stacks Click here to Send Stacks a Private Message Visit Stacks's homepage! Add Stacks to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ravracer16
Supreme tranceaddict

One thing I do like about WMC is how you can just go to a random event or be at some place eating and one of your favorite DJ's will just be in the crowd drinking and having a good time. Last year alone, I met Donald Glaude, Richie Hawtin, and Sebastian Ingrosso

Old Post Mar-01-2010 15:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ravracer16 Click here to Send ravracer16 a Private Message Add ravracer16 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brian Scott
Sons of Glitches!

quote:
Originally posted by Stacks
One thing Ibiza doesn't have anymore, with a few exceptions is the 24 hour party. Everything pretty much stops at 6 am and doesn't start back up until 4:30 pm. It will be insane but it also seems like anyone going now is 4 years to late. Although people say the WMC isn't as good as before either.

The beach scene in Ibiza is actually much more lively during the day in the touristy areas than it is in South Beach. Plus, many of the bars and restaurants play EDM.

Space Dolphins EP on Beatport
January 2011 Promo - Deep Tech House
Viva La Tech Guest Mix (September 2010) - Tech House/Techno

Old Post Mar-01-2010 19:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Scott Click here to Send Brian Scott a Private Message Visit Brian Scott's homepage! Add Brian Scott to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

I feel like WMC is Ibiza's 3 month season fit into one week. That being said, both have its pros and cons. Obviously, WMC has more Americans, whereas in Ibiza you find more Europeans and Brits.

In both places you find your die hard partyers. I'd say there are more drugs being taken in Ibiza, however I know WMC has its fair share as well.

As far as costs. Ibiza is expensive. I'll never forget paying 15 Euros at Amnesia for a can of Red Bull (which is equal to like $23) and I think I may have purchased 2 that night. lol

4 hours to WMC vs. 14 hours to IBZ.

Last time I was in Ibiza was July of 2007. This is going to be my 3rd WMC in a row. I am shooting to go to Sensation White in Amsterdam July 3rd this year, with Ibiza the week before or after of anyone is interested...hopefully I'll put my credit card where my mouth is in April...

Old Post Mar-02-2010 00:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

Ibiza vs WMC

Weather
Ties in with location, but deserves it's own category.

Ibiza: Sunny and warm, with ocean breezes rolling in off the water. The general forcast seems to match the majority of people's descriptions of paradise. It seems the occasional storm can roll through, especially late in the season.

WMC: Sunny and hot. The early spring actually is a little cooler than the following months in Miami. Still, the humidity can really sky rocket some days, leaving you gasping for air. This is especially a problem for those people who go at it too hard during the festival, as the paramedics keep very busy there. The ocean breeze doesn't seem to be as prevalent here. As a rule in Miami, it will rain. Again, it's not quite as bad at the end of March, but you can still expect a a little rain during WMC, though it usually only lasts a short time.

Edge: Ibiza
- I recently experienced a ton of rain in Ibiza, but from everybody I've talked to, this is extremely rare. On the other hand, I know from a lot of experience that you are likely to get wet at some point in Miami, and the humidity is crazy at times.

Old Post Mar-02-2010 23:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

Beaches
Sun and sand

Ibiza: Well, it's an island, so there's no shortage of choices when it comes to beach bumming. From busy tourist areas to isolated locations, from soft powder-like sand to coral laden strips of land...variety is the key here. No matter where you are staying, chances are there is a beach just a few steps away. If you prefer something a little off the beaten path, then it's as simple as a boat, bus, taxi, or car ride away. The water is clear and can hover near the 25 degree range (77farenheit).

WMC: Though other beaches can be found within driving distance, for the purpose of WMC, Miami Beach is the the only practical one. Still, this doesn't mean that there is a shortage of sand to go around. The beach stretches as far north as you'd want to venture. The most popular stretch is located at the south end (the last 20-25 blocks or so), hence the name South Beach. This area can get quite busy any time of year, let alone during WMC. The further north you hike, the more the crowd will thin out, but there are few secluded spots to be found anywhere near the action. The water temperature during this time of year is quite comparable to that of Ibiza in the summer.

Edge: Ibiza
- Though I am a huge fan of Miami Beach, especially South Beach (I named my dog after it), this was a pretty easy choice. Tons of variety, as well as an option to escape the crowds, beats out one very long, and very busy strip of Florida's best.

Old Post Mar-05-2010 22:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

Transit
Getting Around

Ibiza: Discussion about Ibiza transit starts and ends with the Discobus, haha. I mean, how great... a bus that takes you to and from the doorstep of the megaclubs. The bus system as a whole is quite effective, while remaining very simple. It runs very regularly 24/7. There are also free buses run by a few of the clubs. Taxis are reliable, quick, but can be expensive if not filled and/or travelling a greater distance than just the clubs. Rental cars are also an option. I don't think they are too practical for club travel, but could be quite handy if used for a couple days to explore the island. Alternatively, boats and ferrys are available for day trips to remote islands.

WMC: Everything that happens during WMC is basically located within just a few mile radius. The only necessary travel occurs between South Beach and downtown. Taxis are the most practical form of transportation from one spot to the other. Buses run between the two, but I've never used them. Some American bus systems are overly complicated and I've heard that the main stop in downtown might not be the best place to hang out. Nevertheless, I'm sure using the busses can be effective if researched beforehand. Rental cars are another option, and can be really inexpensive depending on what you get. Parking can be a problem, though, especially in South Beach. Once again, a rental car is probably only practical for a day or two if yo wanted to explore the outreaches of the city or take a day trip to the keys.

Edge: WMC
- This was a tough call, but Miami gets the nod because of the close proximity of all the activity during WMC. Walking can usually be the primary form of transit. The Ibiza bus system is terrific, but you have to cover a lot more ground on the island.

Old Post Mar-05-2010 22:39  United States
amdmaxx
Respekt

When I was ibiza 2 years ago, it rained all week and no local would try to answer me in English...
My vote: WMC.. closer to home, can speak freely anywhere and I am a bus ride away from hotel. Ibiza - no buses @ night/morning.
vibe: ibiza gets the vote

Old Post Mar-05-2010 23:01  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for amdmaxx Click here to Send amdmaxx a Private Message Add amdmaxx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TheNicest1
Senior tranceaddict

cant really compare the 2. wmc miami is very concentrated can see so many djs all in one city in one week, plus most djs there to bring new material to show off and usually play their A game. ibiza looks like better beaches and bigger massive clubs and a few other cool smaller venues and this runs all summer so there are both good pros and cons to both

Old Post Mar-17-2010 17:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TheNicest1 Click here to Send TheNicest1 a Private Message Visit TheNicest1's homepage! Add TheNicest1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
epdarks
mnb4fl

DETROIT

Old Post Mar-17-2010 17:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for epdarks Click here to Send epdarks a Private Message Visit epdarks's homepage! Add epdarks to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
inshaneMembrane
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by epdarks
DETROIT

nicely said

Old Post Mar-17-2010 17:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for inshaneMembrane Click here to Send inshaneMembrane a Private Message Add inshaneMembrane to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
entro
Supreme tranceaddict

been to wmc 4 times and ibiza once. anyone who says wmc > ibiza just hasn't fucking been to the island. period.

that's assuming you could only choose one or the other. sure they're "not comparable," but if you had to make a choice...

Old Post Mar-18-2010 16:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for entro Click here to Send entro a Private Message Add entro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2010 > VOTE NOW: WMC vs IBIZA
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacklast track id [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFrank Le Fever - "Blue Groove" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread