Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Boarding. School.

Boarding. School.

Boarding. School.

What's the fucking point of that? I'm supposed to pay through my nose for a child I won't even see? I know there's an animal compulsion inside everyone to further their genes, but within three generations none of your blood line will have any memory of you at all, much less the rest of the world, unless you actually did something resonant with your life.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-12-2018 20:08  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

If your child makes a great contribution, you'll be famous too, even if you do a piss poor job. Think about it: We all know Arthur Schopenhauer's mother scarred he emotionally, making him a bitter genius. She's a famous footnote. Michael Jordan's father was a bully. We now know he existed. Elon Musk's parents named him Elon. QED.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 20:22  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Old Post Feb-12-2018 20:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

I've already terminated one because of the overall circumstances at the time, but I would like to have one or two later in life. My sister has quite a few, and she told everyone until the first one that she doesn't really want kids. Then boom, a whole flock of them, one after the other.

My girlfriend hasn't warmed up to the thought of kids yet, but I've learned a valuable trick on here recently that could overcome this obstacle. For real though, I don't know what the hell would I do with the rest of my life did I not have kids at some point.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 21:07  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
My girlfriend hasn't warmed up to the thought of kids yet, but I've learned a valuable trick on here recently that could overcome this obstacle.

LOL

Old Post Feb-12-2018 21:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
I have been successfully dodging the "lets have one" bullet for about a year now, but alas she will probably get her way. I'm on the fence about having one - always have been. I like my life and fear the most about how much will change when a kid comes into play. It could be a great thing. but what if it isn't?

Same thing here lol.

I think in the next few years when my finances are finally in order I'll be ready and I'll be able to get over that fear.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 21:36 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
My girlfriend hasn't warmed up to the thought of kids yet, but I've learned a valuable trick on here recently that could overcome this obstacle.

Lol, this reminded me of those "one weird trick" ads you see.

"Feminists hate him!"

Old Post Feb-12-2018 22:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
If your child makes a great contribution, you'll be famous too, even if you do a piss poor job. Think about it: We all know Arthur Schopenhauer's mother scarred he emotionally, making him a bitter genius. She's a famous footnote. Michael Jordan's father was a bully. We now know he existed. Elon Musk's parents named him Elon. QED.

Or you could be like Marvin Gaye's dad, and get famous for killing your child.

Old Post Feb-12-2018 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I have never wanted my own, biological children. My views (I'm 41 now) have never wavered on that. However, I have (almost) raised two step-daughters (one is 16, the other is 21 - and each has a different biological father, yikes!) into successful adulthood...although the last year with the 16 year old has been trying, to put it mildly. When my wife and I met over 14 years ago, I was in my mid 20s with not a care in the world. I had a decent full-time job in banking. I had no debt. My main concerns were how much weed we had and what computer games we were playing on the LAN that night (I roomed with a couple of former high-school friends after I moved back to my home town after getting my bachelor's).

Over the course of six months, I went from single and no real responsibilities to married with two kids and all the legal/moral/financial/ethical responsibilities that entails. It was a drastic change, to be sure, but if I had not been absolutely sure about it, I never would have done it. Marriage is a damned easy thing to get into and a damned difficult thing to get out of (in the US, at least). Many times, raising the girls was far easier and less complicated than dealing with the drama of the fathers. Each had his own thing(s) he'd get hung up on and raise hell about. One was basically a classic verbal/emotional abuser, and the other was a classic wife-beating alcoholic. I was always careful, however, to never overstep my bounds - in that I never talked down about either of them in front of the girls. Any such conversations were between me and the wife long after bedtime. I always gave each dad not only his legal rights, but also the opportunity to participate as much or as little as he wanted. Unfortunately, they both chose nearly as little as possible, and I feel they missed out on some great stuff, as their girls are nearly grown.

I never wanted my own children because my entire life has been a huge internal emotional struggle with depression and OCD tendencies that, at times, are just pure hell on earth. I know that just because I have these, it is not guaranteed that I'd pass them on to a biological child, but with a 50% chance or so, the odds were always just too great for me. I love my girls, and I've raised them like they were my own since the ages of 2 and 6. It's been both the most challenging thing I've done and the most rewarding. The best part about them getting older and wiser (assuming you survive the teen drama) is that you can finally talk to them as an equal adult with an equal understanding that almost nothing is, like you explained when they were kids/incapable of understanding, white and black. Life is played out in all shades of gray in a twisted morality tale. I enjoy sharing the wisdom I have gained through my many mistakes and experiences, just as my father has always done with me. That, to me, has been one of the most rewarding aspect of (step) parenting.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 00:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Ah man, you sound like an awesome dad.

I think that is precisely the toughest part about parenting - not putting your own shit onto your kid. You have to be pretty self aware. I am damn petrified of passing on my type A tendencies to our kid, it's even more challenging than I thought to be constantly aware of how I model behaviour. Thank fuck my husband is super chill, we create a good balance. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have had a kid, hahah.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 01:23 
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

That's a bit more extreme than what I had in mind, Rann
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I never wanted my own children because my entire life has been a huge internal emotional struggle with depression and OCD tendencies that, at times, are just pure hell on earth. I know that just because I have these, it is not guaranteed that I'd pass them on to a biological child, but with a 50% chance or so, the odds were always just too great for me.

That's why I've postponed so far. It seems depression runs in my family and, although I'm lucky it skipped me for the most part, it'd break my heart to bring someone into this world just to hate their every breathing moment. My teenage moodiness was enough for me

Old Post Feb-13-2018 03:46  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Ah man, you sound like an awesome dad.

I think that is precisely the toughest part about parenting - not putting your own shit onto your kid. You have to be pretty self aware. I am damn petrified of passing on my type A tendencies to our kid, it's even more challenging than I thought to be constantly aware of how I model behaviour. Thank fuck my husband is super chill, we create a good balance. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have had a kid, hahah.

I don't know if I am "good" or not. If I have had ANY "general" success at all as a parent, and, specifically, as a male parent, I owe the "general" success to having 2 outstanding parents who to this day serve as role models. If I've had any success, specifically, as the male/dad parenting figure, then I definitely owe that to my father. He is wise beyond his years. I've never seen a more capable, intelligent, and truly talented man. It's hard to believe he is 71, now, and that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind. I acknowledge that life is fleeting and temporary, and when he is gone, I will accept it, but I can't lie: my world will shatter, for a time, and it will never go back together the same, after.

I've done my best to show "my" girls what it is like to have a stable father/man figure in the home. I get up and go to work every day, whether I feel like it or not. I help with all of the house chores, and often complete most of them myself on the weekends. I keep firewood in the shed and the stove fed in the winter. I keep the grass cut in the summer. I don't go to bars after work or "hang out with the guys" instead of coming home. I wash dishes after the wife cooks, and I've always backed her when the ex-husbands were in the wrong/being general assholes. I've done my best to be the primary breadwinner so that she only has to work part time and can pour as much of her life into her girls as she wants. I'm also, by nature, overly empathetic, so this allows me to often times be a mediator between mom and girls, and it's allowed them to see that a man/father isn't just someone who yells at the wife/kids every time there is a disagreement over ANY issue.

Now, with that said, there are a ton of things I could have done better over the years, and I fully acknowledge that. But, when I look back on it and self-evaluate, I can honestly say I feel I've gotten more right than wrong. And, when compared to what their biological fathers have done, especially, I've gotten far more right.

My girls know that I will always be here for them, no matter what. Even when one of them chooses to take the car joyriding, run it off in the ditch, and flee the scene, thus introducing the "juvenile justice system" to our family...at the worst possible time, as we'd much rather focus on getting the wife's lymphoma into remission. But, here we are, and I love my juvenile delinquent all the same, and we'll go with her on the journey and use it as best we can to learn and grow.

Short story long: parenting is hard as fuck...but, I'm not sure where I'd have ended up in life had I not taken on the role. I feel like it wouldn't be a "good" place, if that makes any sense at all. The path I was on was rather self-destructive, and though I will always be my own worst enemy, taking a "break" to raise a couple of girls certainly has slowed the self-destruction.

God, do I ever ramble. Press 1 if you read this shit and are still awake. Press 2 if you want your money back.

Old Post Feb-13-2018 11:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksasha bangkok 1995 last one.. [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tiesto - "Sparkles" (Transa Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread