Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone post LA events anymore?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic

Not trying to steal TA's thunder

What thunder

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Honestly, it's a sad thing to say but Facebook groups are where I have been going recently.

With this place being a graveyard now a days my only options are FB, IG, and Reddit, too bad as I loved reading peoples long detailed club/festival reviews on Mondays :|

Old Post Sep-21-2016 03:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
With this place being a graveyard now a days my only options are FB, IG, and Reddit, too bad as I loved reading peoples long detailed club/festival reviews on Mondays :|

I think most of us old folks don't go out much anymore. Many of us were going out multiple times a week, every week. We'd need fresh new blood to really revitalize the west coast forum.

Old Post Sep-22-2016 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scooter is God
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
I think most of us old folks don't go out much anymore. Many of us were going out multiple times a week, every week. We'd need fresh new blood to really revitalize the west coast forum.

^^ What he said.
This forum was alive 5-10 years ago. Most people that were posting were in their twenties or so but now these people are in their thirties or more which in most cases means married with children.
For most of these people clubbing is a thing of the past. Sad but true.

Old Post Sep-30-2016 03:24  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Scooter is God Click here to Send Scooter is God a Private Message Add Scooter is God to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
galactic2154
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal

(Raises his hand) <----- guilty

Last event for me was Luciano at Avalon in February I believe.

Old Post Oct-01-2016 07:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for galactic2154 Click here to Send galactic2154 a Private Message Add galactic2154 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scooter is God
^^ What he said.
This forum was alive 5-10 years ago. Most people that were posting were in their twenties or so but now these people are in their thirties or more which in most cases means married with children.
For most of these people clubbing is a thing of the past. Sad but true.

I think 72 hit it on the head there. People just "got older" had kids ,careers, mortgages, etc...No time for going out every night.

Ive always wondered if the people that used to visit these forums still listen to electronic music (after it became pop music and they started to go out less and less )

Old Post Oct-04-2016 20:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigherm
Supreme tranceaddict

I still lurk almost everyday. I'll be 40 in two weeks and I'm married with kids. So the wife and I go out at most 2 times a year. I still listen to house and other shit exclusively. Can't stand the radio haha. It's hard to get out. My wife is a business owner of 13 years I had a major promotion and work all the time. And a mortgage. Sucks to be old

Old Post Oct-06-2016 05:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigherm Click here to Send bigherm a Private Message Add bigherm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by bigherm
I still lurk almost everyday. I'll be 40 in two weeks and I'm married with kids. So the wife and I go out at most 2 times a year. I still listen to house and other shit exclusively. Can't stand the radio haha. It's hard to get out. My wife is a business owner of 13 years I had a major promotion and work all the time. And a mortgage. Sucks to be old

I feel ya on that! Happy Early Birthday my bro!

Old Post Oct-06-2016 13:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bigherm

Same (35 though )

Kids, Mortgage and full time job. I only go out 3-4 times a year. Couple of big ones like BPM Mexico or EDC and a maybe one club night. Crazy I used to go out 2-3 a week

Old Post Oct-08-2016 16:26  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
Ive always wondered if the people that used to visit these forums still listen to electronic music (after it became pop music and they started to go out less and less )

From what I have seen and the people I met in the 90's and 00's is that everyone still does listen to it.

Maybe not as much as before, but they do here and there. I'm in the same position where I still listen to it, but no where nearly as regularly as I used to.

Old Post Oct-10-2016 19:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nima86
Supreme tranceaddict

well that solomun diynamic party tix are selling like crazy

Old Post Oct-15-2016 01:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for nima86 Click here to Send nima86 a Private Message Add nima86 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the_jerk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by nima86
well that solomun diynamic party tix are selling like crazy

Can't wait for that one! Got my pre-sales tickets this week.

Agree on the changing times. I just turned 40... wife, mortgage and kids. I still try and make it out 4-5 times a year. I do miss TA, it was such a great resource for finding good events. Since I rarely get out, I want to make sure it's worth it.

Old Post Oct-15-2016 18:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for the_jerk Click here to Send the_jerk a Private Message Visit the_jerk's homepage! Add the_jerk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TSG
"Trinity"

I'm probably the oldest one here but who cares. I still listen to the music but don't go out that much anymore. Last time I went out was a few weeks ago for Hernan C and the venue was just terrible and so damn hot! Before that I think it was the last event at Circus in Dec. Yup, my favorite place was Circus where I was able to go alone and not worry about not knowing anyone but, that place is now gone after 35+ yrs.
Most of the people I know or would see often are now married, have kids and/or are doing something else.
I sure miss the fun times at Circus.

Old Post Oct-21-2016 23:39  Oman
Click Here to See the Profile for TSG Click here to Send TSG a Private Message Add TSG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Why doesn't anyone post LA events anymore?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacka good house/trance track ID [2009] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback108 Grand - "Te Quiero" (Darren Emerson Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread