Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [Marathon mix] Theme Challenge 4 (COMPLETE)
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
Not big fan of recording marathon club set at home. However, if that is the challenge theme, we should spice it up a bit with some kind of restrictions like type of club/environment/event (outdoor, pool, art gallery, you name it)..

I'm actually in love with this concept... what if, instead of genres/themes, we each nominated a 'venue' and then had to do a set befitting of that venue?

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Jul-10-2018 02:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That's a different beast. Either do a "random venue" challenge or a marathon mix challenge. Combining the two would be a massive task if you got lumped with a venue that doesn't suit you.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-10-2018 09:47  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I'd have to agree with Jack here. I think we should limit the number of "randomly assigned" challenges going forward, as the overall quality of the challenge and the mixes seems to vary. The direct/straightforward themes have always been the most successful. The Science Fiction and Sunday Afternoon challenges produced some of the most high quality, unique, and inspired content to appear on this site.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jul-10-2018 15:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

Im game, definatley up for the marathon set, one of those things ive always wanted to get the motivation to record.

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jul-11-2018 10:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Singularity55
tranceaddict

I'm game. No guarantee that the result will be any good but may as well get started!

Old Post Jul-15-2018 21:25  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Singularity55 Click here to Send Singularity55 a Private Message Add Singularity55 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

So when does the poll close?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-16-2018 12:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Yeah, I was meaning to make a post yesterday or today calling it.

The challenge has been selected: 3-6 hour marathon mix

If you haven't signed up yet, no worries! Anyone who wants to participate, go right ahead. There is no time-limit to this mix, so take your time and put out something quality.

I have already started thinking about how I want to approach this one. Definitely a lot of different ways to go about this. I look forward to seeing how everyone interprets and executes the challenge.

Good luck, and happy mixing!

Old Post Jul-16-2018 12:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

I have already started thinking about how I want to approach this one. Definitely a lot of different ways to go about this. I look forward to seeing how everyone interprets and executes the challenge.

Good luck, and happy mixing!

Yeah, me too. Hopefully I'll wrap it up before the end of the summer.

Old Post Jul-18-2018 20:09  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Singularity55
tranceaddict

Awesome. Well I'm excited to do my set and I'm confident I can produce something that's gonna be pretty quality. I'd like to say thankyou to Ziptnf for organising this. Listening to the sets made for these series has been quite enjoyable and I'm looking forward to participating as well.

Gonna go for psytrance I think. I'm pretty tempted to do a marathon industrial music set but the last time I attempted one of those it involved me listening to industrial music so much in a week that it felt like it damaged my sanity. Plus I feel like to do something that long and have it be quality would require a vast knowledge of the kind(s) of music you've chosen to include in your set. What genres are you guys going for?

Also, any chance of a suggested due date for this? I'd find it'd help with scheduling it.

Last edited by Singularity55 on Jul-20-2018 at 00:58

Old Post Jul-19-2018 14:51  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Singularity55 Click here to Send Singularity55 a Private Message Add Singularity55 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

The reason I didn't schedule a due date or anything is because we always inevitably have a couple of people who have very busy lives and can't get their mix together in time for various legitimate reasons. This forum isn't buzzing with people like it used to be and there are no prizes in these challenges, so continuing to press people for due dates and completion rates seemed like overkill to me. If you sign up, I'm sure you're doing so because you love music and you like these challenges, so I shouldn't have to harp on you. Either do it or don't, it really doesn't matter that much.

But if you'd like a due date, I think December 31st is good enough. I'm going to try to get mine out in the next month or so.

Old Post Jul-19-2018 21:40 
wotyzoid
it's not house

Love it. Skeeeeeeet

Old Post Jul-19-2018 22:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

I'm in... but legit no promises on when this will be ready lol. By December 31st at least.

Old Post Jul-26-2018 21:44 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [Marathon mix] Theme Challenge 4 (COMPLETE)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktiesto@dancevalley2001 ID [2002] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTiesto - Euphoria [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread