Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The new ibiza??
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I can only imagine what kind of high powered mutant wreckhead would actually stay in Berghain all weekend. 37 hours of straight dungeon techno in and staring down at the eleventh bomb of MDMA about to vanish down your neck, some part of your weary mind would realise the sheer brutality of the comedown massing on the distant horizon, and all would begin to crumble.

Maybe not 37 hours but there are people that do 20+ hours at Berghain every weekend. The great irony is that what was an epic party at one point in time quickly falls apart and becomes a banal exercise in wasting time, drug addiction, trivial music and shitty dancing when you do it every weekend. Back when Berghain used to close on sunday evening, the hardcore partiers used to be generally be people with interesting biographies, weirdos, perverts, misfits, businessmen etc. But now that sunday evening is the new saturday, the only people that can and want to live that lifestyle are art school trust fund kids from New York, Melbourne and London that all talk the same, dress the same and dance the same and have nothing else going on their lives. It makes for a really shitty vibe, absolutely nobody I talk to that's been going to Berghain for any length of time still enjoys sunday night and monday morning because of the hordes of dark-dressed marathon raver kids.

Old Post Aug-12-2018 10:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Eleven doses of MDMA for a 37 hour party? What kind of noobs are you partying with? All I need is maybe 4? They have a cafe and bathrooms inside berghain, I would be completely at home.

quote:
Originally posted by Woony About Blank

Looks like just my kind of shithole. 😍

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-12-2018 at 12:06

Old Post Aug-12-2018 11:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

maybe he has a high tolerance

nowadays i can't do that stuff unless i have some valium at hand for the aftermath...but thats another topic

once or twice a year max anyway...special events

Old Post Aug-12-2018 20:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I was exaggerating for comic effect with the MDMA comment, if that's what you're referring to. Although it doesn't really change my point. After so many hours, it would stop being fun and start to become punishment.

I'll tell you what's on my clubbing bucket list. Every DJ I've ever heard asked the question of favourite country to play in will always give the same answer: Argentina. Apparently the parties are absolutely off the chain there, and the crowds totally into the music. If there's something special happening in dance music that not every trust fund kid knows about, I believe it's out there.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-12-2018 21:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I can tell you having partied both in portugal and brazil, from what I noticed the european and south american clubbing experience is not that different. There is nothing particularly new happening there. Argentinian trust fund kids still exist. One my biggest problems with the scene in Brazil is that it's all yuppie rich kids for the most part as the parties are not accessible at all and really expensive. The worst is the kids that pretend theyre grungy and dress like bums and shit meanwhile theyre paying for everything with their parent's credit card. It's all a fucking show.

Edit: actually I half take that back, there is a wave of cool music coming out of south america right now, but as far as the partying goes, from what I know it's pretty standard fare.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-12-2018 at 23:27

Old Post Aug-12-2018 22:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Tension hunter

Ibiza's status as a party haven was earned gradually along with dance music's rise to mainstream popularity. The balearic parties that people like Jose Padilla were throwing at the time (and the resulting small but dedicated community of clubbers) happened while dance music was a burgeoning, fresh new genre. You cannot recreate this in an age where dance music is a billion dollar commodity that has been thoroughly genre segregated, DJs are pop stars and clubs have to charge astronomical prices to survive.

Old Post Aug-12-2018 22:19  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

That's it, until the commercialization of it all dies down and shit is truly underground again it's gonna be like that everywhere. Romanian music, the lofi-house people, now bandcamp everything, new shit comes out and fades before you even get a feel for it. New scenes pop up and die all over the world before they even become anything. Theres good parties everywhere you just gotta look or know someone. Shit is overwhelming. Everywhere you go there's gonna be a more underground option and a more commercial option pretty much unless it's a really small scene or nonexistent.

Its like say, if you go to Argentina or brazil, or romania or somewhere in japan with a cool small scene you could be seeing something special at any one those places. And the music may be something new and fresh but as far as the partying goes there isn't just one place where IT is happening.

Edit: that's why I say Berlin. Berlin, New York, London, Barcelona i hear has a good solid scene. Any one of those places youre gonna have tons of parties to choose from any night of the week. But in berlin youre guaranteed to have crazy long parties and the functioning hours of the clubs are the cool thing, at least for me. Woony says the music is bad lot of the times, but im not so sure. Maybe he's just going to the wrong places.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-13-2018 at 02:20

Old Post Aug-12-2018 23:48  United States
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Woony says the music is bad lot of the times, but im not so sure. Maybe he's just going to the wrong places.

Dude, I don't know if you realize but 70% of clubs in Berlin don't even really play music, they play what we call "Bretterbudentechno" (wood shack techno, named after the way these clubs generally look), which is tech house & bigroom techno that might aswell be AI an generated soundtrack for taking Ketamine (which, I think, is a valid thesis, given that nobody has ever heard of the millions of DJs and producers making and playing this stuff, even the people that go to these parties), it makes generic Berghain techno look like most sophisticated music of all time. That's what I was saying, there are small clubs that are potentially cool but they play this non-music that's no good for anything except being in a K-hole I guess.

Then you have the ten to fifteen clubs left that play actual music but most of them pump out very generic house & techno, which is cool I guess if you're from a place that doesn't have a huge scene and a ton of house/techno events but if you've been clubbing in Berlin for years that no longer gets you out to the clubs.

Old Post Aug-13-2018 09:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Is Bretterbudentechno like minimal? Because if that's what you mean, I like that stuff. We may have overlapping tastes but I also like a lot of music most of you don't.

Edit: but if you mean like drumcode, adam bayer techno, yeah I don't like that.

Edit2: post one of these tracks

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-13-2018 at 12:25

Old Post Aug-13-2018 12:02  United States
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Worm Popper

i'm clueless when it comes to the forms of techno but I don't mind having that dreamy threesome with charlotte de wit and amelia lens

Old Post Aug-13-2018 12:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Is Bretterbudentechno like minimal? Because if that's what you mean, I like that stuff. We may have overlapping tastes but I also like a lot of music most of you don't.

Edit: but if you mean like drumcode, adam bayer techno, yeah I don't like that.

Edit2: post one of these tracks

It's definitely not Perlon minimal, more like Drumcode meets Innervisions.

Old Post Aug-13-2018 13:03 
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
It's definitely not Perlon minimal, more like Drumcode meets Innervisions.

Yeah you're right, I hate that shit. Sounds like berlin is an awful lot like new york, then.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Aug-13-2018 at 13:29

Old Post Aug-13-2018 13:15  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The new ibiza??
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback!!!"in my destination you got to, got to , got to parteee"!!! [2005] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSavon Feat. Andy Jay Powell - "Children Of Paradise" (DJ Shah Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread