Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Genre Challenge 7 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
wotyzoid
it's not house

What's the method?

Old Post Aug-14-2014 20:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I used an RNG when I did secret santa for the c0r.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Aug-14-2014 20:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I'm curious as to what the genres I am known for... since I'm not terribly prolific on these boards.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Aug-14-2014 20:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jonmitz
mixcloud.com/mitztronic

I'll be gone to burning man until several days into the competition - who whomever genre's I get I would appreciate it if I could have a PM waiting with all the info i'll need!

also my veto is for anything/the closest to hardstyle that is picked (that would be hard house currently), because i have difficulty listening to it for more than 30 seconds.

Old Post Aug-15-2014 16:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jonmitz Click here to Send jonmitz a Private Message Add jonmitz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Old Post Aug-16-2014 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Sorry, I'm still debating whether or I'll join or not. Time is going to be extremely tight in September, but I want to participate... So I'll debate it for another week

Old Post Aug-20-2014 20:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Sorry, I'm still debating whether or I'll join or not. Time is going to be extremely tight in September, but I want to participate... So I'll debate it for another week

Fuck that - you're in. End of debate.

Old Post Aug-20-2014 21:44  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

I actually contemplated joining for the first time but I didn't want to say I'm in prematurely only to change my mind by the end of the month. until then, this post shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old Post Aug-20-2014 23:17  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Why is everybody so fucking wishy washy about this challenge? A few years ago over 20 people signed up with reckless abandon. Sure, there were only like 65% of the signups that actually did it, but I can imagine that there won't be that poor of a showing this time.

If money is an issue, that's understandable. But if you claim you don't have enough time, I point you to the first page where it's listed that you have an entire month to do your mix! Unless you're leaving the country, I have a hard time believing that people don't have 3-4 hours to carve out in 30 days to research, purchase/download music, and record your mix.

Old Post Aug-20-2014 23:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

To be honest, I don't see an incentive in being obligated to dabble with a genre I've been randomly given and have no interest in. On the positive note, this challenge could really force me to get out of my comfort zone and like something new.

Old Post Aug-21-2014 00:39  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by 2techs
On the positive note, this challenge could really force me to get out of my comfort zone and like something new.

That's the entire point. It's a challenge. It's a step outside of your comfort zone. This has already been done 6 times before and was successful every time in the participants enjoying their submissions at least a little bit. Shit, I was assigned Hardstyle for a challenge a couple years ago and I even managed to enjoy it.

But if you don't want to do it, I can't force you. Even if you sign up, I can't force you to make a mix, but if you don't make one, you won't be allowed to sign up for future challenges. I think you should at least try it.

Old Post Aug-21-2014 01:03 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Why is everybody so fucking wishy washy about this challenge? A few years ago over 20 people signed up with reckless abandon. Sure, there were only like 65% of the signups that actually did it, but I can imagine that there won't be that poor of a showing this time.

Well, that's it. If I sign up I want to play, and I do want to enjoy it. There are always a majority of interesting genres nominated that I wouldn't mind trying and every time I've been lumped with something that is just an absolute ball-ache. I dropped out of the last one for this reason, and I don't want to do that again.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-21-2014 12:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Genre Challenge 7 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackShoegaze electro/alternative [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMotorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Perry O'Neil Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread