Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Some providers, especially while roaming into other carrier's data covereage either forbid/limit the tethering, or charge you a outrageous surcharge for tethering.

Using the app allows you to circumvent that...

But that is in really rare cases, for the most part, you should be able to use the IP modem feature in DTM...

You'd be surprised how many people don't have DTM on thier computer...

Also, I think the app you download to the computer with tetherberry is small and downloads and takes up minimal space, as opposed to DTM which is like 300mb and takes forever to install and takes up alot of space... (beacause of all the other features)

reading the crackberry forums, it's so stupid reading posts from Telus customers saying that they pay a surcharge for tethering....hell I've tethered so much in the past month through DTM cos of a shitty router that keeps failing and haven't seen any charges on my bill for doing so....people are too chicken scared to test things out themselves..

PS. 300mb = barely anything.

Old Post Feb-03-2010 14:06  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by English Rachel
my 9700 comes today!!!

scan my barcode off me fb profile

Old Post Feb-03-2010 14:06  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mortyman
Mr. Morton

quote:
my 9700 comes today!!!

I got mine on the weekend

SOUNDCLOUD - http://soundcloud.com/djmrmorton

Old Post Feb-03-2010 22:49  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mortyman Click here to Send Mortyman a Private Message Add Mortyman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
PS. 300mb = barely anything.

Could be in a coffee shop, or airport lounge, hotel room where they usully want you to pay or internet etc... it could be a lot.

I find annoying to stream Youtube videos sometime at the coffee shop, let alone download a 300mb executable and waiting that long and that's IF the connection doesn't drop.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 02:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Could be in a coffee shop, or airport lounge, hotel room where they usully want you to pay or internet etc... it could be a lot.

I find annoying to stream Youtube videos sometime at the coffee shop, let alone download a 300mb executable and waiting that long and that's IF the connection doesn't drop.

ok wait..hold the phone....weren't we talking about DTM taking up 300mb? cos really that's less than even 1 illegally downloaded movie...if you're using your own laptop and want to connect to the net, you def have desktop manager...hell every BB user has DTM..i'm not saying download 300 mb...hell that's just a waste of energy..even using tetherberry or anything, you're still using up your dataplan for no reason downloading 300 mb

Old Post Feb-04-2010 03:17  United Arab Emirates
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I was mentioning that there is alot of BlackBerry users who don't use DTM... ALOT!!!! So, for them to tether their BB they would need to download DTM, which would (for a lazy stupid person) be so much work than just downloading a an app that comes with a small program to install on your laptop and then again on your BB and you tether...

I'm not talking about tethering TO get DTM...

You'd be surprised how many people call in to find out how to tether their BlackBerry so they can get internet to download Desktop Manager because they heard they can tether their BlackBerry with it... and that is why they bought the BlackBerry

It's like a really really geeky annoying "who's on first"...

Old Post Feb-04-2010 03:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
I was mentioning that there is alot of BlackBerry users who don't use DTM... ALOT!!!! So, for them to tether their BB they would need to download DTM, which would (for a lazy stupid person) be so much work than just downloading a an app that comes with a small program to install on your laptop and then again on your BB and you tether...

I'm not talking about tethering TO get DTM...

You'd be surprised how many people call in to find out how to tether their BlackBerry so they can get internet to download Desktop Manager because they heard they can tether their BlackBerry with it... and that is why they bought the BlackBerry

It's like a really really geeky annoying "who's on first"...

*sigh*

I've learned so much about my BB in 2 months (hell in the first week itself) than people with BBs for years...it ain't rocket science

Old Post Feb-04-2010 03:31  United Arab Emirates
LKD
Omni-peasant

anyone else finding a significant delay with FB notifications over the past week?

Old Post Feb-05-2010 22:12  United Arab Emirates
LKD
Omni-peasant

so like....omg i just installed this new twitter app from RIM that like...everyone has but was supposed to be like...hush hush..

Old Post Feb-12-2010 19:25  United Arab Emirates
Dr. Z
edm sux

Has anyone tried PaderSyncSMB? It's a file manager app, but it has a feature that will autosync a folder that you have on your computer to your bb. So basically, as soon as you walk into your WiFi range it'll sync your music folder with your PC's.

http://www.pader-sync.com/mobile-smb-client.html

Dunno if it's worth buying...

Old Post Feb-12-2010 19:55  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
so like....omg i just installed this new twitter app from RIM that like...everyone has but was supposed to be like...hush hush..

twitter isn't dead yet?

Old Post Feb-12-2010 19:56  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
my 9700 comes today!!!

It's soooooooo schexxy!!!

I want one too!

Old Post Feb-12-2010 20:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProg/electro tune [2007] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRavers on Dope - Trip 2 Wonderland (Radio Edit) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread