Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Graphikt
Senior tranceaddict

lineups are slowly being released

http://www.residentadvisor.net/club...l.aspx?id=34130

Old Post Aug-31-2010 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Graphikt Click here to Send Graphikt a Private Message Visit Graphikt's homepage! Add Graphikt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
You saying you can't tell the difference between a guido dbag and an every day dude wearing jeans and a tshirt? It's really not that hard. Even simple policies like you must have sleeves on your shirt and you can't take your shirt off in a club will help curb the pacha crowd.
preach ONNNNN!!!!

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Aug-31-2010 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
exactly
i dont wanna sound racist, but they dont speak a word of english and have no idea of who the dj is
they go to do drugs and hug each other

i dont think they add anything positive to the party

lol haven't been to pacha in awhile so I haven't experienced this.....but if that's the case I'd cap them to 3 per night!

Old Post Aug-31-2010 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
You saying you can't tell the difference between a guido dbag and an every day dude wearing jeans and a tshirt? It's really not that hard. Even simple policies like you must have sleeves on your shirt and you can't take your shirt off in a club will help curb the pacha crowd.

It's not that I can't tell the difference but with a "greyarea", not black/white policy like that, they run the risk of coming off too snobby and inclusive, which sounds like the opposite of their credo. I've seen guido-looking dudes at BlkMarket parties with REALLY hot girls having a really good time. You can't automatically assume they're causing trouble based on how they're dressed. That's what bottle service clubs do, and that's how you lose some potentially BIG bar-tabs and money that the club will have to run itself with. I've also seen hipster European dudes with their shirts off at their parties too. Not to mention, everytime I go to Pacha, a black dude grabs my girl's ass. We can't just ban black people because of that? There's no single rule you can implement that'll effectively "sculpt" the demographic in any positive way without pissing off a lot of people. Just my two cents!

Last edited by DJ Eco on Aug-31-2010 at 21:46

Old Post Aug-31-2010 21:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

I don't think he is saying to ban ppl from coming into the club but jesus... even Burger King has a 'no shirt no shoes no service' policy.

well, i don't wanna speak for ppl - but that Pacha shit is ridiculous. Don't take off your shirt in the club exposing your man titty's and/or wife beater

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Aug-31-2010 21:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
I don't think he is saying to ban ppl from coming into the club but jesus... even Burger King has a 'no shirt no shoes no service' policy.

well, i don't wanna speak for ppl - but that Pacha shit is ridiculous. Don't take off your shirt in the club exposing your man titty's and/or wife beater

Well yeah, no taking off the shirt is an obvious small rule that can be implemented. I was responding to his suggestion that they should run a tight door. Half of the people on this board have bitched at Pacha or Crobar or Webster Hall at some point in the past 4 years because of a night they had a "strict door" (Big Mike, Get Nyce, etc.).. It would be a disaster to techno and house fans if there's a strict dress code. And there doesn't seem to be any indication that that's happening, so I'm happy!

Old Post Aug-31-2010 21:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

Dave Clarke and Matthew Dekay

my only requests for D-36

Old Post Aug-31-2010 23:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco
Well yeah, no taking off the shirt is an obvious small rule that can be implemented. I was responding to his suggestion that they should run a tight door. Half of the people on this board have bitched at Pacha or Crobar or Webster Hall at some point in the past 4 years because of a night they had a "strict door" (Big Mike, Get Nyce, etc.).. It would be a disaster to techno and house fans if there's a strict dress code. And there doesn't seem to be any indication that that's happening, so I'm happy!

I'm not saying there should be a tight door. I'm saying the obvious guido douchebags should be directed towards Pacha. Very simple concept.

Old Post Aug-31-2010 23:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frequency Frank
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
Dave Clarke

Amazing call!

Official Website
My Podcast (techno): The H.I.N.T. - http://hint.podomatic.com

www.TeggnoRecords.com

Old Post Aug-31-2010 23:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Frequency Frank Click here to Send Frequency Frank a Private Message Visit Frequency Frank's homepage! Add Frequency Frank to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
what about all the 50 year old otb asian guys who dont speak a word of english? should or shouldnt they be allowed in?

I thought you liked them...

Old Post Aug-31-2010 23:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Eco

That could definitely be implemented but most of these guys take of their shirts after they get in the club. Then they have to hire security whose sole job is to make sure guys don't take their shirts off.

Old Post Aug-31-2010 23:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r
That could definitely be implemented but most of these guys take of their shirts after they get in the club. Then they have to hire security whose sole job is to make sure guys don't take their shirts off.

Any reason why normal bouncers can't do this? lol

Old Post Sep-01-2010 00:20  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVocal Trance Tune heard more than 1 month ago [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHiver & Hammer - "5 Million Miles" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread