Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
srussell0018
Chaostician

I agree. Born in Bray, lived in Dublin until I was 16, then moved to the US.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:38  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

shitty deal - moving to the US i mean. I'm from Montreal but work in the US. Granted my dad moved from Dublin in his late 20's so i had to learn french. So to answer your question, no english is not my forte. I never actually had an english grammar class. But to assess one's worth by how they write is somewhat limited. Please judge me by the colour of my skin. wight.

I am a math wiz, and as I mentioned earlier, my expertise is music. I am quite skilled at date rape.

Anyways,

I am looking forward to this movie. All things considered, the series is pretty good. You have to consider that A, it is a hollywood film. B, it is michael bay territory and C, .. i just have 2.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

I'm looking forward to it as well. However, Witty's point about Christian Bale's Batman voice is quite valid imo.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:48  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

would you prefer Clooney ?

They are really well done for the style. I mean watch Transformers if you can stomach it, i mean skip the obvious stuff like dialogue and Shia , but you will find it very rare to have a big budget movie where the music does not take last place because the producers feel the sound of an explosion or a tire spin is just cooler and more important than music which transformers clearly shows.

Batman does alot of things you couldn't do if you weren't nolan or zimmer who are both great talents. It isn't perfect but it is better than so many other films in the same boat. I mean it isn't as bad as say Chuck from gossip girl. Every time my girlfriend watches that stupid show, i start finishing off all his lines with _____ needs _____ to ____ gotham _____ .

Last edited by Looney4Clooney on May-03-2012 at 20:26

Old Post May-03-2012 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm not sure if I fault Bale for the voice. I thought I read somewhere a while ago (Rann, feel free to correct me here, as it seems we're past taking jabs at each other) that it was acknowledged on the part of someone inside the Nolan camp that the voice alteration was overdone in Dark Knight. I certainly noticed it more than I did from Begins. It is one of very few faults I find with the movie as I otherwise love the shit out of it. I just found it unusual that a detail like that would go by Nolan unnoticed since he is otherwise such a stickler for them. And I appreciate that he is.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
do you work as hard on your dark brooding i wish i was a member of New Order but mist the trend by a few decades as you do on your little internet twitticisms. Perhaps you could illustrate your individualism by getting off my dick ?

Whoa! I'm detecting anywhere between 13-17% effort, here!

Old Post May-03-2012 20:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
Posting on an EDM board does not mean you only listen to trance. I happen to have a masters in composition from Juilliard. I work in the same industry. I like to know what everyone is doing which includes EDM. Not all of us are retarded djs that can't do anything else except bitch about dubstep and recant tales of when things were better when PLUR rained and getting fucked by a fanny bandit wearing orange pants didn't make you gay.

lol well said

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Pie
Oh man I hope you're right! The thought of trolling some celebrity douche without even knowing it kinda makes my dick hard.

Penis envy much?

Old Post May-03-2012 20:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Old Post May-03-2012 20:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Whoa! I'm detecting anywhere between 13-17% effort, here!

Naw, I was pushing 20. I was kinda hoping we could be friends.

Old Post May-03-2012 21:12 
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I'm not sure if I fault Bale for the voice. I thought I read somewhere a while ago (Rann, feel free to correct me here, as it seems we're past taking jabs at each other) that it was acknowledged on the part of someone inside the Nolan camp that the voice alteration was overdone in Dark Knight. I certainly noticed it more than I did from Begins. It is one of very few faults I find with the movie as I otherwise love the shit out of it. I just found it unusual that a detail like that would go by Nolan unnoticed since he is otherwise such a stickler for them. And I appreciate that he is.

But i think that is something Nolan would do as he doesn't just look at the work as one piece of work but rather the entire series and how the character evolves. That would be one way to show the mutation. It is slightly annoying but i mean we always find something not to like and if that is one of the few faults, not too shabby.

Old Post May-03-2012 21:18 
Nrg2Nfinit
ItaloDiscoAddict

quote:
Originally posted by GoSpeedGo!

Transformers are actually the most ideological films of the last decade, and therefore should be thouroughly examined and analyzed. That doesn't mean they're inherently worthy of some artistic acclaim, just that they are culturally important.

If you consider ideological the shit that comes out of my ass, then i completely agree with you.

Otherwise it was a complete failure of a movie in terms of having any relationship towards the original story line and characters.

They should have just called it voltron or go-bots, but "transformers" is better marketing. As an economical success it was great no questions asked, but if you are going to talk about overall quality (plot, characters, storyline etc). It was a failure.

I prefer the original 1986 movie anyday

Is it so difficult to make optimus prime a flat nose truck?

Old Post May-03-2012 21:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nrg2Nfinit Click here to Send Nrg2Nfinit a Private Message Add Nrg2Nfinit to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

how is that a failure if that wasn't the intended interpretation. His take on the joker was fantastic. All of his characters have more depth than any other version. Nolan is meticulous. Yes, we could argue all day how movies used to be better, but among all the trash being released today, save stomp the yard 2, it is a good film and worth 12$.

Old Post May-03-2012 22:03 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > The Dark Knight Rises
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSOLVED - a brilliant tune with 2 melodies I NEED THIS I NEED THIS I NEED THIS..thanx ...... [2002] [12]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMärtini Brös. - "The Biggest Fan" (Black Strobe Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread