Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Magdelayna - Essential Mix [Ambient,Chillout,Breaks,Leftfield,Progressive,Uplifting]
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
adam_rodriguez
Supreme tranceaddict

Arrow Magdelayna - Essential Mix [Ambient,Chillout,Breaks,Leftfield,Progressive,Uplifting]

Hi guys,this is my entry into the 'IAM DJ' competition you might have seen over on matthardwick.com. This is basically the kind of mix i would create if was asked by BBC Radio 1 to do an 'Essential Mix',its not really made for a club,much more for home listening - the mix ranges from 90 to 138 BPM,then back to down to around 93.

I dont really believe in playing a load of brand new tracks for one-off mix like this - these are all tunes that have a special place in my heart - i wanted emotive,moving,thought-provoking tracks in there,and this mix intends to take the listener on a journey that builds and then comes back down. I hope theres a few tracks on there that people have never heard,and i can introduce to. Hope you enjoy it,and any feedback and comments are appreciated.

- TRACKLIST

01 DJ Shadow - Transmission [Island]
02 Datar - B (Am'B'ient Mix) [Hooj]

Human Traffic - What Was I Just Talking About? (Accapella)
03 Ulrich Schnauss - Nobody's Home [City Centre]
04 Ulrich Schnauss - As If You've Never Been Away [City Centre]
05 Subsphere - First Light [Cold Harbour]
06 Yum Yum - Heavy Fluid (Main Element Mix) [Bedrock]
07 Brian Eno vs. John Creamer & Stephane K - I Wish You Were An Ending Ascent (Magdelayna Mashup) [CD-R]
08 Airwave - Escape From Nowhere [Bonzai]
09 Sasha - Xpander [Deconstruction]

Human Traffic - What Was I Just Talking About? (Accapella)
10 Airwave - My Lady Blue (Original Beat Mix) [Banshee]
Soul Mekanik - I'll Call You (Accapella)
11 Art of Trance - Mongoose (Tektonik Mix) [Platipus]
12 Hybrid - Just For Today [Distinctive]
13 Lost Tribe - Angel (1997 Breaks Mix) [Hooj]
14 Midway - Cobra (First State's First Aid Mix) [Black Hole]
15 Planisphere - United We Were [Green Martian]
16 Planisphere - Nothings Slave [Green Martian]
17 Coldcut - Autumn Leaves (Irresistible Force Mix) [Ninja]

- LINK

Cheers,Adam

Magdelayna Music on Facebook

Last edited by adam_rodriguez on Mar-24-2012 at 11:17

Old Post May-18-2009 18:58  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for adam_rodriguez Click here to Send adam_rodriguez a Private Message Visit adam_rodriguez's homepage! Add adam_rodriguez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
micko
tranceaddict

Count me in fella - cheers

Old Post May-27-2009 22:56  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for micko Click here to Send micko a Private Message Add micko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunsurge
Dream on and dive in...

If I'm honest it looks fantastic! Downloading now...

My Mixcloud profile

046 Windmill Sessions Redux
(lush beats)

Spike Witney - Neon Velocity
((Outrun electro, Kavinsky-Nightcall style))

Old Post May-28-2009 12:02  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sunsurge Click here to Send sunsurge a Private Message Add sunsurge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
adam_rodriguez
Supreme tranceaddict

Cheers Micko & Sunsurge

Magdelayna Music on Facebook

Old Post Jul-04-2009 11:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for adam_rodriguez Click here to Send adam_rodriguez a Private Message Visit adam_rodriguez's homepage! Add adam_rodriguez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Echo of Silence
Supreme tranceaddict

Ah, nice looking TL. The Irresistable Force remix of Coldcut's Autumn Leaves is prolly my all time favorite.

Thanks for sharing...dling now.

Nu skal jeg betro dig min hemmelighed. Den er ganske ligetil:
kun med hjertet kan man se rigtigt. Det væsentlige er usynligt for øjet.

Old Post Jul-04-2009 16:56  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for Echo of Silence Click here to Send Echo of Silence a Private Message Add Echo of Silence to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
THE_Chris
needs a new CT

Looks interesting, will check this out.

Old Post Jul-05-2009 08:15  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for THE_Chris Click here to Send THE_Chris a Private Message Add THE_Chris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
THE_Chris
needs a new CT

Absolute fucking quality. Easily one of the best mixes I've heard on here. Great mixing, good flow, great track selection and some lovely additions of vocals. Sets that go ambient - prog - ambient are rare and this one nails it.

Great stuff, will be listening to this many times. Better than 99% of the actual Essential Mixes that have been aired.

Edit: Any hope of persueding you out of a wav copy of Brian Eno vs. John Creamer & Stephane K - I Wish You Were An Ending Ascent (Magdelayna Mashup)???

Last edited by THE_Chris on Jul-06-2009 at 20:29

Old Post Jul-06-2009 20:22  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for THE_Chris Click here to Send THE_Chris a Private Message Add THE_Chris to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sukhoi29SU
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by THE_Chris
Absolute fucking quality. Easily one of the best mixes I've heard on here. Great mixing, good flow, great track selection and some lovely additions of vocals. Sets that go ambient - prog - ambient are rare and this one nails it.

Great stuff, will be listening to this many times. Better than 99% of the actual Essential Mixes that have been aired.

Edit: Any hope of persueding you out of a wav copy of Brian Eno vs. John Creamer & Stephane K - I Wish You Were An Ending Ascent (Magdelayna Mashup)???

+1

This mix is spectacular.

What did you use to mix it, if you don't mind me asking?

Old Post Jul-06-2009 22:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sukhoi29SU Click here to Send Sukhoi29SU a Private Message Add Sukhoi29SU to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Unique2701
in deep space

Enjoyed this one thoroughly

If I am the storm, if I am the wonder..
Will I have flashlights, nightmares and sudden explosions?

Old Post Jul-12-2009 11:13  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Unique2701 Click here to Send Unique2701 a Private Message Visit Unique2701's homepage! Add Unique2701 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

Sometimes we have to dig and dig to find the gold nugget, so I'm glad I found this one

We need more chill in this world, keep it up Adam!

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Jul-25-2009 18:29  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magadansky
Trees of Psychedelia

I liked some of your previous mixes, so I will definitely check this one. Looks very nice, very chilling! Right on my alley!

Samothrace Mysteries - An Oldschool Series

Like it dark? Click this!

Old Post Jul-25-2009 19:34  Bulgaria
Click Here to See the Profile for Magadansky Click here to Send Magadansky a Private Message Add Magadansky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceGiant
randomly disappoints

10/10 and I'm only at 30:00

Old Post Jul-27-2009 22:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceGiant Click here to Send TranceGiant a Private Message Visit TranceGiant's homepage! Add TranceGiant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Magdelayna - Essential Mix [Ambient,Chillout,Breaks,Leftfield,Progressive,Uplifting]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread