Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > ROLL CALL : John Digweed @ The Guvernment // Saturday, October 11th
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

I got there at 2 and apparently he got on at 130am. I left at 630 during his last track. so he played for 5hrs.

I was really glad I was wrong about his set time. But I was definitely close haha.

I had a great night, not too packed/hot, crowd had a lot of dudes though and chick were bleh. The weather was nice and cool going in and leaving Guv at 640am. I will definitely miss that place even though I never go there any more. I wanted to leave earlier but I decided that if that's my last time I'm going to close it out with my absolute favorite DJ.

He literally took you on a journey that night. The last hour and a half he was cooling down but then at some points he just banged some tracks out to keep the crowd going. I had a great night and wish the best to INK on their next big club venture.

Old Post Oct-13-2014 15:58  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Review

Got to Guv around 11:45 and M&S were banging it out quite hard. They did an excellent job of bringing the tempo down around 1:10 to make sure Digweed could start at a comfortable pace.

Really was into Digweed's set for the most part. 2:30-3:30 was the real beef of the set for my tastes. Some of the darkest stuff I've heard him play in years was at that time period. There were some valleys in his set (especially 4:30-5) but for the most part, he would regain the energy fairly easily. Left around 5 as I needed to work on Sunday. 8.5/10 for me.

Have to say that if this was my last time at Guv it was really a blissful send off. Not only was Digweed in top form but the crowd was exceptional considering the reputation it has for these kinds of nights. No pushing, no neon kids and no problems all night long. Also a top notch job to the people in the lighting booth. Never seen such an appropriate lighting job done for any artist in that room.

Great seeing all the TA's. Hope everyone had a great night.

Cheers.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 18:28  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

fyi: lights were proper because Jayx1 and the new kid Paul were @ the helm

Old Post Oct-14-2014 19:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hardcore trancer
Mystic Mind

I figured it must have been Jay .

Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DJMysticMind

Old Post Oct-14-2014 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for hardcore trancer Click here to Send hardcore trancer a Private Message Visit hardcore trancer's homepage! Add hardcore trancer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Proper lighting is so underrated in an event. Almost as important as sound in a lot of cases.

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Oct-14-2014 20:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

I don't think it's underrated at all. The lighting at Coda for Burridge was fuckin awful, for example. It didn't match the vibe of the music at all, especially at the end of the night.

Lighting is SO key in creating the right atmosphere, I really don't think anyone would argue, or underappreciate this.

Old Post Oct-14-2014 20:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
I figured it must have been Jay .

Yeah man!

First he said he won't, I go back 10 mins later and I could see how everything is in sync, I look and it's him

Old Post Oct-14-2014 22:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I don't think it's underrated at all. The lighting at Coda for Burridge was fuckin awful, for example. It didn't match the vibe of the music at all, especially at the end of the night.

Lighting is SO key in creating the right atmosphere, I really don't think anyone would argue, or underappreciate this.

well, the people who go to the event to enjoy the music might.

the people who are so drunk and/or fucked out of their mind? hmmm....

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Oct-14-2014 23:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Well,that was fun. I wish I could track ID more from the night, so many bangers and dope ass tunes.

Awesome seeing everyone, loved how we owned that dancefloor.

Stayed to the end, proper rave up for me.

Was great to see Jay then when walking by, saw him manning the lasers and lights lol!

So good, let's do it again!!!!!

Old Post Oct-14-2014 23:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jad
_.spark._

Some IDs -

Old Post Oct-15-2014 02:23  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for jad Click here to Send jad a Private Message Visit jad's homepage! Add jad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Not much to say that hasn't been said already. I agree with the statement that I'd be happy with that being my last night at guv but I'm planning on doing the gift and maybe the actual closing parties depending on the lineups

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Oct-15-2014 03:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

quote:
Originally posted by jad
Some IDs -

Nice! That Guy J song is one I was looking for. He played something similar (long buildup) right around that that I'm looking for.

I'll try and upload a sample later tonight

Old Post Oct-16-2014 00:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > ROLL CALL : John Digweed @ The Guvernment // Saturday, October 11th
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacklooking for id of the tune mr.van dyk dropped at ultra 3 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDelerium - Silence (Airscape Remix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread