Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Fledz
Banned

It would be nice to admit I'm wrong, but I never get the chance as I never am

Traction control on AWD is pretty sweet because it doesn't toss you about like it does on rear or front.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:20  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
It would be nice to admit I'm wrong, but I never get the chance as I never am

Traction control on AWD is pretty sweet because it doesn't toss you about like it does on rear or front.

The newest ones (yeah, I know, not stuff we can/want to buy at the moment) are much different than the ones from even 3-4 years ago. I'll use the example of the new 'Vette ZR-1 or the GT-R. All the reviewers have said that traction control is actually quite amazing in the iterations that are on these cars. Of course I understand that these are both high end sports cars, but the same technology is quickly filtering into the mid level sedans and sporty cars.

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:23  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Banned

Would be nice to try them. I've driven virtually new sedans so the TCS are as new as you can get, but probably not top of the class. The main problem is they are too aggressive. I guess that's a good thing for the majority of people but it tends to annoy anyone that drives more than just casually.

Admittedly it's more in rain though. They shouldn't be kicking in on a dry road in the city unless you're driving like a lunatic.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:27  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Would be nice to try them. I've driven virtually new sedans so the TCS are as new as you can get, but probably not top of the class. The main problem is they are too aggressive. I guess that's a good thing for the majority of people but it tends to annoy anyone that drives more than just casually.

Admittedly it's more in rain though. They shouldn't be kicking in on a dry road in the city unless you're driving like a lunatic.

Absolutely agree with you there. I don't particularly like traction control at all for the most part, but if I have to have it, it needs to pretty much be off on the dry roads.

quote:
Originally posted by bas
Undies with a dickhole aren't good for guys. Your balls can get caught in them. That's why I prefer to go over the gate instead of through the fence.

Old Post Jul-17-2010 08:31  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moongoose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
You're such a bogan.

Next stop is an Audi or Merc as a company car, though I'd prefer the Audi (shut it, you Slovenian...)

It will take more than idle threats to silence me!

Im thinking bribery will do just fine though

New TCS are quite well designed and completely unobtrusive though. Drove the new 550i a while back and that thing turns like mad (especially if the car has the optional 4 wheel steering) and doesnt brake traction (even in the wet) unless you want it to do so. Though with 400 HP you woudnt want to turn TC off even in the dry. Sure, you might not need it 99,9% of the time, but sometimes that 0,01% can be the difference between going trough a corner without noticing any problem and wrapping your car twice around a tree.

Im all for more electronics in cars since most people dont really pay attention while driving and thus drive like shit. A good set oif electronic aides might just prevent them from loosing control and crashing into me

Old Post Jul-21-2010 07:18  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Moongoose Click here to Send Moongoose a Private Message Add Moongoose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Definitely go Audi though, if you have the choice.

Last edited by Lilith on Jul-21-2010 at 08:07

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lilith Click here to Send Lilith a Private Message Add Lilith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Got him!

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:08  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Though, it was probably just an accident on the behalf of the police officer, since he was driving a Volvo.

Everyone knows that Volvos are so damn safe, their drivers are completely oblivious to anything happening outside of the car, including massive accidents.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:11  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

Yeah, but when Volvo's start destroying Audi's, alls well in the world, one less cock on the road... the volvo will sadly probably still work

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lilith Click here to Send Lilith a Private Message Add Lilith to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

There was a comedy video made AGES AND AGES ago, about the difference between regular drivers and Volvo drivers. In my head, I think it was British, but it might have been Australian or elsewhere.

Big internet points to anyone that can find it.

Something along the lines of:

"This is a car smash" [BAM]

"And this is a Volvo driver, in a head on collision [vid of a perfectly calm driver]. As you can see, the Volvo driver is so safe, that they have no concept of what's happening outside of the vehicle".

It was so good, I can't remember now

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:24  Australia
Moongoose
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Yeah, but when Volvo's start destroying Audi's, alls well in the world, one less cock on the road... the volvo will sadly probably still work

Of course it will still work, those things are indestructable. You put it against a tank and a volvo will still come off victorious. in fact, i think that when we finally destroy our civilisation with nuclear weapons, the only thing that will be left behind to show that there were once a semi intelligent species inhabbiting th planet will be a bunch of perfectly drivable volvos. And when in 5 billion years time, when our sun uses up most of its fuel and turns into a red giant and engulf the earth before finally exploding in a supernova that will send the matter that is composing it and our solar system into the far reaches of the universe there will be atoms of hydrogen, helium, the heavy elements that form in the heat and pressure in the suns core and still drivable volvos flying trough the empty space between the stars, looking for new worlds to seed or create. Quite probably the latter, since volvos are heavy enough that they generate a gravity field stronger than a reasonably sized black hole.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 08:58  Slovenia
Click Here to See the Profile for Moongoose Click here to Send Moongoose a Private Message Add Moongoose to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lilith
Meowsies!

We're sort of lucky in a way that the Volvo became the lower end of the premium European vehicle in terms of price, so there are less of them on the road... unfortunately that just means the same kind of dud driver went off and bought themselves a Toyota Camry. So its been adopted by the middle class cardigan wearing brigade as the new weapon of choice to run over pedestrians and other road users.

Old Post Jul-21-2010 09:12 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > What kind of car (s) do you own / would like to own / will own soon
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (67): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfire storm (volcano spirit) with sample [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRadium - "Back Again For Bang" (Mental Miracle Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread