Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
J.L.
Never gonna give you up.

I think in the future, when we do this, if we want a good DJ mix, we'll have to set a few guidelines in terms of keys and BPM.

IE. All tracks need to be in C, F, G, Am, Dm, Em, and within +-2 of 130 BPM

Old Post Apr-30-2012 18:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for J.L. Click here to Send J.L. a Private Message Add J.L. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

Here's my 30 min take. I haven't listened to the other ones yet. Sorry for chopping up and rearranging several tracks, but I had to do it to make them fit. Also, sorry for leaving a few songs out. Don't take it personal, I only had 27-30 min to work with. If you guys want me to, I'll make another version of this mix with the missing tracks.

Overall, this was a challenging project because the songs were all over the place. I tried to not make it a produced mix that was too obvious. I wanted more of a live feel to it.

Any and all feedback is welcomed. I'll let you guys know when the mix will air and where to tune in.

Dj Woody - Colors (Rough 3) by djwoody

Last edited by DjWoody on May-02-2012 at 05:33

Old Post May-02-2012 05:24  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

Cool .

I've got to mention the radio processing though. I hope this mix won't go through another round of processing at the radio (or that you use the unprocessed mix there) because sending a mix through radio processing twice just kills it entirely in a negative way. The mix itself is overprocessed as well in my opinion, and I don't say that too often as I don't mind a lot of (radio-esque) compression but it is fairly heavy in this recording.

Furthermore I feel like the mix could benefit from some more-abrupt mixes. I think some of these mixes are smeared out too long.

Sorry for the negative response but I thought it was important to stress the above. On the other hand I have to say I think your track selection is very well done considering the variety and small selection of the music.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post May-02-2012 07:14  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deillon
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by J.L.
I think in the future, when we do this, if we want a good DJ mix, we'll have to set a few guidelines in terms of keys and BPM.

IE. All tracks need to be in C, F, G, Am, Dm, Em, and within +-2 of 130 BPM

Yeah, what the fuck do we need DJ skills for. Lets spoon feed them.

Old Post May-02-2012 08:55  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Deillon Click here to Send Deillon a Private Message Add Deillon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
Furthermore I feel like the mix could benefit from some more-abrupt mixes. I think some of these mixes are smeared out too long.

Please elaborate more.

I'll upload another copy with no processing at all.

Old Post May-02-2012 12:05  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DjWoody
Please elaborate more.

I hardly know how to. I literally skimmed through with the first listen this morning. I just feel some transitions might sound better if they were shortened. But now that I've been listening a bit more thouroughly I see you've done some really quick transitions in there too . I personally think most of those sound better since the music is so varied.

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post May-02-2012 12:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BshidoHEAT
don't be that guy!!!

Is the compilation out yet?

Colors 2 Mix on mixcloud!

Old Post May-02-2012 13:01  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for BshidoHEAT Click here to Send BshidoHEAT a Private Message Visit BshidoHEAT's homepage! Add BshidoHEAT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

all is ready, just waiting on RANN

Old Post May-03-2012 10:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

Woody like the mix, nice high pace and good live feel

Old Post May-03-2012 10:29  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie

Thanks!

Old Post May-03-2012 17:12  Mexico
TranceLover007
DariusX

quote:
Originally posted by Raphie

I wish I could say the same thing - but where is my track

Just kidding man, nice work

Cheers,

Darek

SoundCloud

MySpace

Facebook

DariusX Page

Old Post May-03-2012 17:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceLover007 Click here to Send TranceLover007 a Private Message Visit TranceLover007's homepage! Add TranceLover007 to your buddy list TranceLover007 is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjWoody
Chingon

quote:
Originally posted by TranceLover007
I wish I could say the same thing - but where is my track

Just kidding man, nice work

Cheers,

Darek

It's there... And it stands out A LOT!

1.- Raphie Grooves (RAPHIE, Netherlands) - From Barcelona2Berlin
2.- Superistic (EVO8, Ireland) - Climb The Steps
3.- Storyteller (STORYTELLER, Netherlands) - Sidetracked
4.- Atxbigballer1 (ATXBIGBALLER1, USA) - 303 Dreams
5.- Caleb Golston (TRANCELOVER03591, USA) - Tieftraurig
6.- DariusX (TRANCELOVER007, USA) - Memories
7.- Dirtbox Divas (RICHARD BUTLER, London) - Electrox
8.- Seandroid (SEANDROID, Canada) - The Escape (2012 Edit)
9.- Jean-Luc Wu (J.L., Canada) - Miami
10.- Function T (FUNCTION T, USA) - We Can Fly
11.- Madmuso (MADMUSO, Australia) - Deliverance
12.- JDC (JOHNCANNONS1, Australia) - A World Away
13.- Mise (MISE, Argentina) - Exude
14.- Timestretcher (LUCIDITY, USA) - Night Light

Old Post May-03-2012 17:28  Mexico

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > TA Colors: Buy it on Beatport!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (63): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackany1 know dis tune !?? --- :) [2002] [7]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJose Nunez - Air Race [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread