Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
Is this a serious or sarcastic response?

The is totally throwing me off, or are you just ing at the difference it's made in terms of cleanliness?

i find that I use the everywhere.

and I was serious, I clicked on the forum and I was like, wheres the first 8 threads

nice work chief.

Old Post Aug-26-2006 18:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

quote:
Yes but in time there will be more than just links to stickies in there. Also, as I said I plan on actively modding this forum and this will entail the closing of threads with the only explanation being: Please see this forum's info sticky. I know this may sound harsh to some, but this board has become oversaturated with the same garbage. If we can little by little remove the clutter, the great threads (and there has been some really insightful and intelligent threads) will shine through.

Exactly how it should be done too. What would really help is if the general info thread was presented like the announcement threads are with that HEY LOOK AT ME I'M COMPLETELY CONSPICUOUS AND REMIND YOU OF YOUR URINE look. It's a real eye-catcher and gets people to actually open the thread. I doubt that that will happen, but it seems almost necessary in this forum considering the obscene amount of carbon copy threads getting pushed into existence.

Old Post Aug-29-2006 02:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
Exactly how it should be done too. What would really help is if the general info thread was presented like the announcement threads are with that HEY LOOK AT ME I'M COMPLETELY CONSPICUOUS AND REMIND YOU OF YOUR URINE look. It's a real eye-catcher and gets people to actually open the thread. I doubt that that will happen, but it seems almost necessary in this forum considering the obscene amount of carbon copy threads getting pushed into existence.

I want to make the intro thread a thred with paragraphs on the basic stuff, equipment, techniques, programs etc. I will steal most of the info from wherever and write or ask people to write/ask for volunteers for the rest. Then I will have a reference and will be able to close or delete any thread which requests the same info.

I am reluctant to just start closing and deleting stuff now, as we don't have this sort of thing, but I am on the verge.

Old Post Aug-29-2006 02:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nchs09
Traceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Rebel Brown

*Which CDJ is right for you (800 vs 200, Pio vs Denon etc)
i think thisone is ace.. a sticky that says something along the lines of

"pioneer cdj800 vs cdj1000 vs cdj200.... which one is right for you?"

because yes, i know there are alot of threads about it, but cdj is not a 4 letter word so some poeple might not find it like that. i know i didnt and had to make a thread before buying mine

quote:
I find it a lot cleaner and it encourages people to do some looking around. I am planning on actively modding this place, so eventually I hope that info thread becomes a real reference for tutorial and info.

i think the point of the sticky is so poeple dont have to look around so much, easy acces. i find that in the future well prob see more stickies about those threads that were, not merged but "cleaned up" and put in the dj booth info thread.

Old Post Aug-29-2006 03:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for nchs09 Click here to Send nchs09 a Private Message Add nchs09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

quote:
I want to make the intro thread a thred with paragraphs on the basic stuff, equipment, techniques, programs etc. I will steal most of the info from wherever and write or ask people to write/ask for volunteers for the rest. Then I will have a reference and will be able to close or delete any thread which requests the same info.

I am reluctant to just start closing and deleting stuff now, as we don't have this sort of thing, but I am on the verge.

Yeah, I'm cool with this. Right now the general info thread is pretty bare; it needs far more extensive links and whatnot to make it a reliable closing thread reference reply thingy.

Old Post Aug-29-2006 04:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

If we sincerely want to avoid Ableton threads, and make up for the immense amount of Ableton threads that are absolute shit and totally worthless, why not start one thread, put it in the Info sticky, and just make sure it stays clean (i.e. the only "replies" should be new tutorials/lessons/videos that people have actually used and are of a high quality.).

Just my $0.02 - The majority of threads you get when you search anything Ableton related are utter rubbish, and the vast majority of results you get when you search Google are ads for DVD's or lessons in books, nothing remotely helpful.

Old Post Aug-31-2006 00:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
superglo
shake well before use ...

Unbiased gear reviews.

thesuperglo - Flaming Popsicle [June 2007 Promo](full-on/dark/goa)

Old Post Aug-31-2006 14:16  Malaysia
Click Here to See the Profile for superglo Click here to Send superglo a Private Message Visit superglo's homepage! Add superglo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by superglo
Unbiased gear reviews.

I see where you're coming from with that, however I think unbiased reviews are relatively unavoidable on a forum like this, where the predominant number of contributors are what you'd consider "average" users of the gear in question, and not prepared to write a professional review of a product.

People are going to have their opinions, and quite frankly, I'd rather here from people who have/have used equipment, tutorials, etc. and are passionate about it, than some cold review on a website that doesn't really give me any actual sense of user satisfaction...

Old Post Aug-31-2006 14:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

add this thread (or any thread like it):

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=366219

to the general info thread.

It comes up about once a month, and at least one of these threads should be stickied.

Old Post Aug-31-2006 22:51 
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
add this thread (or any thread like it):

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=366219

to the general info thread.

It comes up about once a month, and at least one of these threads should be stickied.

Thanks Demoted- On it.

Old Post Sep-01-2006 03:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psiweaver
I DJ 120,000 Massives

very happy to see some active modding. I'd love a thread about gigging out for people to post their experiences what worked what didn't etc. Also there was a great thread a while back ie 6 months or more about getting started gigging out that had some really bang up info if you can find that it would be a great sticky/tutorial.

Old Post Sep-01-2006 22:32  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Psiweaver Click here to Send Psiweaver a Private Message Visit Psiweaver's homepage! Add Psiweaver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Abhay
banned user

NP,

perhaps something for equipment, and the other for techniques...

So:

room is split into:
Equipment
Techniques.

Equipment is split into:
Maintainence of equipment
Mixers
Monitors
Headphones
CDJs
Turntables
etc.

Techniques is split into:
beatmatching
Setting gains
etc.

Then each piece of equipment is split into different brands and each model (perhaps it would be better not to split further, so all the brands AND their models are present, instead of having to do further navigation and selecting Brand and THEN model).

I'm not saying having it exactly like that... you know what i mean....

The room needs a structure to it. ONe part should remain like this, to allow general openess of threads and topics. But all the info should be there and ready, by clicking the different categories available... i think u get me. SO a person is liable to click on say "equipment info" or "techniques info" etc. ANd isn't tempted to start a thread first... because the room was just an unorganised pile of shit usually, that's why ppl start threads in the first place.

So ppl basically just can read comments etc., instead of hi, I'm a n00b which one should i get. They get impartial information on each one. IF they really want, they could just ask in the threads themselves i guess.

i dunno d00d, depends on what ur trying to achieve i guess. And according to what your trying to achieve, you should organise it all. Just trying to throw in some ideas.

A DJ c0r damn it, for the 100,000,000,000 time!. It won't be busy, but just be good to hear what's going on with everyone's DJing career/hobby, or just general life. Hopefully it won't turn into the normal c0r shit.

Last edited by Abhay on Sep-02-2006 at 09:38

Old Post Sep-02-2006 08:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Abhay Click here to Send Abhay a Private Message Add Abhay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID This: ID this tune! [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackANIGYE feat AUDIO ARCHITECTS - "NL Boost" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread