Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Carl Cox @ The Exchange 6/15
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

Carl Cox @ The Exchange 6/15

http://insomniac.com/eventDetails.php?event=726

Old Post May-10-2012 04:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Calabria Click here to Send Calabria a Private Message Add Calabria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

And right now I will say I'm not going because I'm seeing him at EDC, then I'll probably end up going to see him anyway because it's Carl freakin' Cox, and The Exchange is a fun venue.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post May-10-2012 04:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
And right now I will say I'm not going because I'm seeing him at EDC, then I'll probably end up going to see him anyway because it's Carl freakin' Cox, and The Exchange is a fun venue.

same kinda iffy because ill be seeing him at edc and gui boratto the next day at avalon. never been to exchange though...

Old Post May-10-2012 05:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Calabria Click here to Send Calabria a Private Message Add Calabria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neogaia
Supreme tranceaddict

Every time I've seen Carl Cox he's thrown down
Also I haven't seen him since 2007, been way too long.

Old Post May-10-2012 05:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for neogaia Click here to Send neogaia a Private Message Visit neogaia's homepage! Add neogaia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
you and me
tranceaddict

if you had to pick only one to see him: edc festival set or club set at exchange?

Old Post May-10-2012 06:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for you and me Click here to Send you and me a Private Message Add you and me to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by you and me
if you had to pick only one to see him: edc festival set or club set at exchange?

carl really doesnt do festivals on the west coast, hes only done monster massive in 2010 i think. plus its his first time at edc and he has his own stage...but carl plays la clubs 1-2x a year.
edc > exchange. either way, its a win/win situation

Old Post May-10-2012 09:42  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

No question here; Cox plays soooooooo much better in venues rather than massive stages or huge clubs, so it's going to be exchange > EDC.

I've seen him a dozen times since 1996 and that man has only sucked once (avalon) as the big room just wasn't working for him or his style of music. Then again, I hate avalon.

I'm going to catch him at Drai's on the 9th, then probably go again to see him exchange on the 15th. Ouch.

Old Post May-11-2012 23:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rowdy
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Calabria
carl really doesnt do festivals on the west coast, hes only done monster massive in 2010 i think. plus its his first time at edc and he has his own stage...but carl plays la clubs 1-2x a year.
edc > exchange. either way, its a win/win situation

And nocturnal in 2007, hes played coachella before aswell I'm pretty sure.

That stage @ monster was so good tho sooooooooo good!! Cox, Lawler, Moby, Rundell, Yousef

Sooooooooooo goooooooooood

Old Post May-12-2012 01:37  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for rowdy Click here to Send rowdy a Private Message Add rowdy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by rowdy

That stage @ monster was so good tho sooooooooo good!! Cox, Lawler, Moby, Rundell, Yousef

Yousef.... thought 10 years ago he might become an 'A' tier dj... didn't happen but he has created a great name for himself though in Europe.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post May-12-2012 05:24  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Calabria
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by rowdy

too bad they played at the worst monster ever. if he played 06-09 it would have been prime

Old Post May-12-2012 09:26  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
Yousef.... thought 10 years ago he might become an 'A' tier dj... didn't happen but he has created a great name for himself though in Europe.

I remember him coming up, he originally won something like a mixmag competition and he actually did well after (unlike a million other comp winners). He's certainly a good DJ, but I don't think his sound was that different to others out there when there's been a lot of change in EDM (not really a bad thing as such, just not "trend" marketable as much) and he also came to prominence right at a time when the UK club scene was about to die quite a horrible death.

Nice guy apparently.

Old Post May-12-2012 17:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Carl Cox @ The Exchange 6/15
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID From Moshic @ San Salvador 2005 [2011] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAllegro - "Moments Of Love" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread