Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kingpencil
tranceaddict

So hows everyone getting down to Detroit and back?

I'm looking for a rideshare of sorts for my friend and I. Neither she nor I drive, and the peeps who were going to be driving have all bailed. So far I've posted on rideshare and browsing Craigslist. Any Toronto peeps need some gas money ect. and the company of a ginger and friend? We're looking to head down on the morning of the 26th, and leave on the Tuesday whenever.

Is busing a feasible option if no rides materialize?

Old Post May-07-2012 21:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kingpencil Click here to Send kingpencil a Private Message Add kingpencil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by kingpencil

I'm looking for a rideshare of sorts for my friend and I. Neither she nor I drive, and the peeps who were going to be driving have all bailed. So far I've posted on rideshare and browsing Craigslist. Any Toronto peeps need some gas money ect. and the company of a ginger and friend? We're looking to head down on the morning of the 26th, and leave on the Tuesday whenever.

I'm trying to figure a ride as well. Renting is a feasible option only if there are at least 4 to pitch in. Busing is an option if you're punctual (who knows what state one may be in on Tuesday to commit lol)

Old Post May-07-2012 23:19  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shanny
Ferocious One

quote:

Yes.
There are buses that go direct from Toronto to Detroit, or you could take the train to Windsor and then the local Windsor tunnel bus over to Detroit which drops you off right next to the festival.

Check out more of my ramblings at:
http://thedailyuniverse.blogspot.com/

Where Are The Tunes?
Good things happen to good people

Old Post May-08-2012 00:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for shanny Click here to Send shanny a Private Message Visit shanny's homepage! Add shanny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
I'm trying to figure a ride as well. Renting is a feasible option only if there are at least 4 to pitch in. Busing is an option if you're punctual (who knows what state one may be in on Tuesday to commit lol)

Porter has their 50% sale extended till tonight... still $200 approx, but it's quick and easy.

Old Post May-08-2012 01:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

MULTINATIONAL TA MEET UP WHEN AND WHERE!?

Old Post May-08-2012 06:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Porter has their 50% sale extended till tonight... still $200 approx, but it's quick and easy.

LOL that was the first thing i looked up when I heard of the sale but yea...$200 is still kinda pricey for one

Old Post May-08-2012 14:40  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kingpencil
tranceaddict

quote:

Thanks for all the tips, good to see all the different options.

Flying would be great...but on a student budget $200 is pushing it. Looking like it's going to be the bus or a rideshare. If anyone's interested PM me and we can chat.

Old Post May-08-2012 22:39  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kingpencil Click here to Send kingpencil a Private Message Add kingpencil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TheNeonAlien
Techno Sensei

Guys! Detroit isnt going to happen Lay it down propa plz!

Stefan.......sorry if i fucked the tix!

Old Post May-09-2012 00:23  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for TheNeonAlien Click here to Send TheNeonAlien a Private Message Add TheNeonAlien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by TheNeonAlien
Guys! Detroit isnt going to happen Lay it down propa plz!

Stefan.......sorry if i fucked the tix!

I'll take the tix

Old Post May-09-2012 12:43  United Arab Emirates
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Years ago, 2 weeks prior to the festival it was nothing but excitment and eagerness, much like the weeks before Christmas morning.

Lately, it's been more fear...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DEMF! And every minute of it, but each year, it gets messier, and messier and messier.

Not gonna lie, a little scurred of the weekend only two weekends away!!!

Old Post May-13-2012 03:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DEMF! And every minute of it, but each year, it gets messier, and messier and messier.

Not gonna lie, a little scurred of the weekend only two weekends away!!!

could you elaborate on this a bit??
i've never been to detroit, but i'm staying in a hotel that i guess is in a really bad area (2 miles away from festival). are you saying that i'm going to get raped and murdered? i don't really wanna get raped or murdered...

Old Post May-13-2012 08:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
could you elaborate on this a bit??
i've never been to detroit, but i'm staying in a hotel that i guess is in a really bad area (2 miles away from festival). are you saying that i'm going to get raped and murdered? i don't really wanna get raped or murdered...

Pretty sure Mach means "messy" in the party sense, and "scared" in a good way.

Also, you will be fine no matter where you are staying'. The city is filled with like-minded people that weekend and most sketchiness is of the entertaining variety.

Old Post May-13-2012 16:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackeasy house tune - heard erick morillo drop it [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPathogen - "Dark Skies" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread