Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > extreme depression
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Joss Weatherby
Banned

TBH living in the moment makes you end up becoming totally lazy and unproductive.

There will always be some level if you have to plan ANYTHING, its dealing with that stress and channeling that energy into resolving whatever you have to do that makes everything work out.

When you got nothing to do though live in the moment, just be prepared that you have to step out of that bubble quite often and if you can't deal with that then you might end up worse off.

Old Post Mar-10-2010 11:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
leph555
dementia depleted

quote:
Originally posted by ZeJayMan
go kill yourself pussy. nobody cares.

Old Post Mar-10-2010 14:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for leph555 Click here to Send leph555 a Private Message Add leph555 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
TBH living in the moment makes you end up becoming totally lazy and unproductive.

There will always be some level if you have to plan ANYTHING, its dealing with that stress and channeling that energy into resolving whatever you have to do that makes everything work out.

When you got nothing to do though live in the moment, just be prepared that you have to step out of that bubble quite often and if you can't deal with that then you might end up worse off.

that's a very valid point. In the end I think it's all about balance...if you stress too much it leads you down a destructive path but if you don't get that sense of urgency every once in a while you aren't going to accomplish much in life.

I think what Jeff Bridges says throughout this video relates really well to facing ones fears in a positive way (not just within the acting world):

Old Post Mar-10-2010 22:03  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby

not true. mindfulness is a very active form of mental training meant to reduce your vulnerability to those performance-hindering reactive modes of thinking that heighten stress and emotional distress. you can be very active and productive or very relaxed while being mindful. in fact one of the major benefits of mindfulness besides improved health is improved effectiveness and productivity. mindfulness requires that you focus attentively on what you are doing without attaching judgment, assumption, desire, fear, worry, anger or guilt to your stream of consciousness.

if you are planning something complicated, cleaning out your garage, fixing your car, organizing a filing cabinet, or performing open heart surgery, doing so mindfully will improve the outcome in every instance. you can go to work and complete all your tasks mindfully and in doing so get more done. you can go on a bike ride up a mountain and perform better as a result of mindfully approaching the arduous task.

the point is don't try to accomplish these things while thinking about what people in the other room are talking about, your sick mother, your lost cell phone, that scratch on your car, the idiot that cut you off in traffic, or that fight you had with your girlfriend this morning. worrying about other things while trying to accomplish something else does nothing for you. in fact worrying about what you are currently doing is just as pointless.

Old Post Mar-11-2010 01:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherWay83
@rich - great post man, thanks for sharing

when you find yourself in a poor mood, try changing your environment. doing so enables you to change your mood. either go into another room or better yet go outside. if there's sunlight somewhere, seek it out. people need sunlight in their lives and i find that those in depressive states are often spending daylight hours indoors. find a place that makes you calm and happy. for me it's public parks filled with dogs and people, the top of a mountain with a view, or complete wilderness where the only sounds come from nature.

to sustain mindfulness, first make yourself comfortable. good posture opens up circulation and reduces physical discomfort from being still. straighten your spine, focus on your breathing, breath deep from your diaphragm, not shallow from your chest. long exhales act to slow your heart rate and disable the stress response. i get a big release from stretching out as well. as you're focused on your breath, close your eyes and pay attention to the sound of the air around you. appreciate the perfection of that moment for you are safe and comfortable and free.

begin going down a list of things you can be appreciative of having: your ten fingers and ten toes, the ability to walk and run, your vision, your hearing, a full set of functioning organs, your health, your freedom, your consciousness, your memory, the ability to connect with the rest of the world as you wish. know that as you have these things right now, there are millions around the world who don't. appreciate it. when i begin to think about how fortunate i am not to be imprisoned, tortured, paralyzed, comatose, diseased, alone (truly alone as if lost on the ocean or in a desert or as a prisoner in some foreign land), all my petty problems fall into context and i feel truly empowered, the way man dying of cancer would if he were suddenly cured..

Old Post Mar-11-2010 01:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MrJiveBoJingles
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by R!CH
when i begin to think about how fortunate i am not to be imprisoned, tortured, paralyzed, comatose, diseased, alone (truly alone as if lost on the ocean or in a desert or as a prisoner in some foreign land), all my petty problems fall into context and i feel truly empowered, the way man dying of cancer would if he were suddenly cured..

For at least some of those who feel severely depressed, counting their many blessings will start to lead down the path, "So why do I feel so shitty? What an obnoxious narcissistic piece of shit I am to get so 'depressed' when things could be so much worse!"

Old Post Mar-11-2010 02:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MrJiveBoJingles Click here to Send MrJiveBoJingles a Private Message Add MrJiveBoJingles to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

JBJ!

Old Post Mar-11-2010 02:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

Old Post Apr-28-2012 02:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

weird thread.

sad and full of fucking toolboxes in here being idiots. depression is a tough thing.. i hope this dude is okay. i have a bunch of messages from DA before he committed suicide :\ don't want to see another champ hit the dirt.

edit: year 2010.
sick bump bro

Old Post Apr-28-2012 03:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanceFloorPoet
Dance Floor Poet

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherWay83
has anyone here ever been through extreme depression? if yes are you still suffering from it? how are you coping? if you got out, what did you do? what helped, what didn't?

EDIT: thank you all for responding. dont know if any of you remember but years ago i tried 2 times to kill myself and ended up in the hospital both times, (only the old school peeps might remember, vivid boy might). since then i've been on anti-depressants and things got better, i guess the circumstances which were causing my depression didnt change, i had just learned to deal with it better. however now i think it's back =/

i've recently moved and things have been...up and down. the past few days were the worst, i would literally spend every single moment thinking and feeling like i'm in the worst hell imaginable. think of what its like to feel utterly lonely, completely lost, no one to talk to, feeling like nothing has any meaning or purpose, nothing can make you happy, and feeling that constantly in your mind, 24/7...thats how the last few days have been. i feel trapped as if i'm in some sort of prison with a life sentence all by myself on an island and just can't get out. it's really weird and hard to explain. i find that the more i think the worse i feel. my thoughts inevitably wander towards questions about life and meaning and all that deep shit i have no answers to, which just makes me feel that much more helpless. and thats the worst part...the helplessness to change my situation, to really change the way i feel.

so today i decided that im just gonna shut off my mind...or at least spend as little time using it as possible. and i'm already feeling better my mind is my worst enemy i think, and the less i use it the better i feel. so for now thats the plan im sticking to. im just gonna feel what i feel and not try and dwell too much on shit that happened in the past, recent or distant. and i think i'll be ok.

thank you all

I'm not reading 14 pages of this, only read your original post. Just remember that you're not alone, and at the very least we are with you in spirit.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 20:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanceFloorPoet Click here to Send DanceFloorPoet a Private Message Add DanceFloorPoet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

Hope it makes you all feel better.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 21:09  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

if you are going to take your life, do it with some zest and style. Go assassinate a bank CEO or a politician so that your bad fortune can do some good. I mean why not. There are no repercussions so go to town but in a productive way.

Also, try not to eat to much prior and do it in a clean way so that the people that have to clean it up are not too inconvenienced. And make your last statement funny. Nobody likes a downer. Blame fox news or bears.

What ever you do, be creative. Don't go kill students. Retarded, been done and if there is an aferlife, you will not be very cool by the very get go and you can't killyourself there. SO be creative, try to make a positive difference out of your misery and try not to poop too much. nice and tidy for the nurses.

Old Post Apr-29-2012 22:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > extreme depression
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVery Complicated [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGigi D'Agostino - "L'Amour Toujours" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread