Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers Chris. As I said above, I'd originally had it in my head to close on Tuesday Maybe, but it didn't pan out like that. I really like that remix of Sphera but I'm never quite sure how to use it in a set, because it just builds endlessly. It just felt like a good opportunity to play it. I think the good thing about finishing on a long builder is that people can tune out if they've had enough, and structurally they're not missing anything, but people who like the tune (like Jon) can keep listening right to the end.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-17-2018 10:18  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranced17
Senior tranceaddict

Christian Smith - Traction (Paride Saraceni Remix)

Wow, very nice track.

Old Post May-21-2018 20:24  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranced17 Click here to Send Tranced17 a Private Message Add Tranced17 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Wasn't' here for this but now I'm in. Downloading, always a big fan of your mixes Jack so far for what I can obviously tell from the waveform that its evenly leveled in volume with no transients popping in there and its nice and loud, I'm jealous...

Alright enough of that, will come back for a proper review of this monster of a mix.

Old Post Aug-06-2018 22:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

Alright, well now, where were we, aha on to the review:

I can tell you were not the first DJ to open up for this party cuz I wouldn't start right with the fire to begin with. After transition one is where the journey begins evolve into somewhat deep, dark & dancy. After that I can hear you took your time on the 2nd transition which is ok but not bad, I would of dropped things earlier and transition from subass to subass to keep the flow going. Anyhow, good track pick love the vocals on Habischman - Moan great to keep the crowd dancing. Whoa, after that you took things to a new level with Orsen & Pardon Moi, those vocoder robotic Vox really stood with me.

Here is my grip that I have with this mix, I don't know where you took things after Moi's track and transitioned to Ki Ke (Habischman Remix), it felt like all that energy went to a stop or quite possible you saw the crowd getting tired and needed a break, I would like to hear from you on this one about it.

Believe it or not the whole process I that I wrote in the first paragraph repeats it self, you build up to supreme energy and then there is a small length of drop of flow when transition to raver crystals together. I'm not expert on keys but this could be due to key energy change, I know you know more than I do.

After crystals is where things get to my style of passion in taste. Algorithm, Traction, Forbidden History, Tuesday Maybe. This is how to end a set, just like Digweed, and just like Sasha, peak hour time right here on these ending 4 transitions, well done mate.

Last tune, eh, someone said it on here, doesn't fit.

Now on the technical aspect, flawless mixing and like I said before, great overall volume mix down also., thanks for sharing its been a pleasure man.

Old Post Aug-12-2018 03:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Thanks for the review. I don't have quite the same interpretation of a few of the moments you've described. With Moan, the proper kick in the track comes in after about 60 seconds, which is where I swapped the bass over. The only way I could bring it in earlier would be to start the mix earlier in Black Sun, and then there would have been a big mess of conflicting pads.

With both Ki Ke and Raver Crystals I felt like going from quite an anthemic tune into more of a heads-down groove. I like using bridging tunes like these, rather than getting into an arms race of anthems. With a peak time set when the energy is starting at a fairly high level already, it's not really possible to go upwards with every tune. I prefer to level things off at key moments and build back up again. And I personally don't think Ki Ke lacks any energy, and it's not like it flattened the (albeit small) crowd I played to. But then, everyone interprets every tune as a coordinate in their own personal matrix of taste and influence.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Aug-12-2018 08:52  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Thanks for the review.

Your Welcome.

quote:
I don't have quite the same interpretation of a few of the moments you've described. With Moan, the proper kick in the track comes in after about 60 seconds, which is where I swapped the bass over. The only way I could bring it in earlier would be to start the mix earlier in Black Sun, and then there would have been a big mess of conflicting pads.

Thats totally acceptable, especially playing live. Also, by knowing first hand of the pads conflicting shows you got good ears as well background knowledge of your tracks, so good on ya,

quote:
With both Ki Ke and Raver Crystals I felt like going from quite an anthemic tune into more of a heads-down groove. I like using bridging tunes like these, rather than getting into an arms race of anthems. With a peak time set when the energy is starting at a fairly high level already, it's not really possible to go upwards with every tune. I prefer to level things off at key moments and build back up again. And I personally don't think Ki Ke lacks any energy, and it's not like it flattened the (albeit small) crowd I played to. But then, everyone interprets every tune as a coordinate in their own personal matrix of taste and influence.

Very true Jack, not every experienced DJ has the same style and play, I wish I was at the party and could give a more in depth review, sounds like everyone had a fabulous time.

Also, thanks for not yelling at me, you take criticism well indeed.

Last edited by SynthNinja on Aug-12-2018 at 09:50

Old Post Aug-12-2018 09:29  United States
Singularity55
tranceaddict

Looking forward to chucking this one on. No doubt it'll involve some quality tunes that have been expertly mixed together to flow through a wonderful experience of moods just like your previous sets.

Old Post Aug-16-2018 10:16  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Singularity55 Click here to Send Singularity55 a Private Message Add Singularity55 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity
Supreme tranceaddict

A house party playing cutting edge progressive music and not top 40. Nice.

Last edited by Mattsanity on Aug-22-2018 at 02:52

Old Post Aug-22-2018 01:51  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity Click here to Send Mattsanity a Private Message Add Mattsanity to your buddy list Mattsanity is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackclassic prog tune needs ID [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMadoka - "Temperamental" [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread