Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 302: Bitcoin hits $56K USD and Perseverance lands on Mars
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Not necessarily, if you get more pleasure from changing the colour than the eventual displeasure you'll have repainting them when you leave. Presumably that won't be for quite some time?

I hope so! Because it belongs to the university, I'm theoretically allowed to stay there until I retire, what with being tenured and everything, so...

By the way, what do you call that in English? In Portuguese we call these residences owned by an employer "imóvel funcional" (functional property), but that means something completely different in translation... Dictionaries and Wikipedia have been useless. Is this not a thing abroad?

Old Post Feb-22-2021 03:22  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Hmm, I'm not sure if there is a specific term for the concept, but it's not an unknown phenomenon. Employer-owned housing, perhaps? Employer-provided housing?

Old Post Feb-22-2021 15:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

For colleges/universities it's just Faculty Housing.

Old Post Feb-23-2021 23:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Thanks! Yeah, that's the concept I was looking for

Old Post Feb-26-2021 19:48  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 302: Bitcoin hits $56K USD and Perseverance lands on Mars
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack 06 played by PVD @ Cream Closing Party [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJuno Reactor - "Jungle High" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread