Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
knittybone
Slip Dip Rip Yip

Anything going on there next Friday night?

Speaker Freakers (RIP Fergie):
Maceo Plex - Life Index

Old Post Dec-03-2010 14:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for knittybone Click here to Send knittybone a Private Message Visit knittybone's homepage! Add knittybone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

quote:
Originally posted by knittybone
Anything going on there next Friday night?

Zendofhannukablowut

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Dec-03-2010 15:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
amdmaxx
Respekt

DJ Dreydel and me..
How is parking in the D36 area?

quote:
Originally posted by djexplizet
who wants to come to the channukah party at D36 this thur?

Last edited by amdmaxx on Dec-05-2010 at 00:36

Old Post Dec-05-2010 00:31  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for amdmaxx Click here to Send amdmaxx a Private Message Add amdmaxx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djexplizet
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by amdmaxx
DJ Dreydel and me..
How is parking in the D36 area?

finding parking on thur wasn't a big deal but it's prob a bit more congested fri-sat. honestly, i wasn't too impressed with the venue. the speakers are huge, and i like the setup of the dj booth..but it's really not that AMAZING. the dance floor isn't that spacious and it can get really hot when it's crowded. this place really isn't too special. i know that generally the size doesn't matter, it's all about the crowd and the music, but this place is gonna be PACKED! and sooner or later ppl will get fed up and move back to pacha lol..i wish they hadnt publicized as much as they did, we need a place like this except it should be underground.

Old Post Dec-05-2010 07:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djexplizet Click here to Send djexplizet a Private Message Add djexplizet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

i went friday for magda

I'm not going to go too in depth with my review of the spot but here's the things that stood out to me

got there at 11:30pm, no line at all
guestlist girls greeted me, gave me my comp, no questions asked very friendly
walk in layout is nice as expected for a new establishment
main floor layout is as expected, good space with great sound
bounced at 3:30am

i dont think i've heard a better sound in nyc since the hay days. The crowd was exactly what I thought it would be a mix of young and fashionable. staff and security was very professional, bar tenders made me strong drinks average pricing.

Old Post Dec-05-2010 22:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jaybe
Junior tranceaddict

Went last night for Sleepy+Boo, Nick Warren + Dave Seaman.
Pretty much same review as Get Nyce above.
I was there around 11:30, no line, Door staff was great, mentioned basic nyc for reduced admission before 12.

- Sound was really good for the size of the space.
- Staff was professional.
- Good mix of a crowd.
- Drink prices were what you would expect and fair for the venue.

It's great to have a new electronic music venue like this in the city. end of story.

Old Post Dec-06-2010 00:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jaybe Click here to Send jaybe a Private Message Add jaybe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zack Roth
Supreme tranceaddict

Glad to see some positive reviews on last night. Seems the initial kinks have been worked out.

Really psyched for next weekend.

Old Post Dec-06-2010 00:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zack Roth Click here to Send Zack Roth a Private Message Visit Zack Roth's homepage! Add Zack Roth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

The fire alarm went off for a few minutes on Fri night and the music stopped. Stupid shit like that just needs to be ironed out. Just little things need to be tweaked and that place is gonna be perfect.

Also, I think some people had "bad Chinese" on Fri night. Saw a few people feeling nauseous

Old Post Dec-06-2010 01:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
neon
PaulvanDykism

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
.. "bad Chinese"

heyheyhey! leave us outta this! i ka-ra-teh chop you!

hey, on a more serious note, are there any D36 staff here, that can advise if I can bring my cam set-up (DSLR/ext flash), to photography JJ/ZR/JG on the decks and the crowd? I e-mailed D36 but have not gotten a response yet, figure I try here too

Old Post Dec-08-2010 23:27  China
Click Here to See the Profile for neon Click here to Send neon a Private Message Add neon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

still a mess...still not the solution NYC needed for nightlife...but in terms of positive for the scene its better to have D36 than to not.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Dec-08-2010 23:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ReenTeenTeen
Space Kadet

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
still a mess...still not the solution NYC needed for nightlife...but in terms of positive for the scene its better to have D36 than to not.

Just winkle your cute little nose

NYTA #1 F.I.L.F.
quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
I will ban you
"Our music has no limit to it boundaries nor is there a difference in genre to identify it but as a work of art." - ReenTeenTeen
quote:
Originally posted by djquick83
They got K in Kansas son. ... Its called the KKK. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

RTT=GENIOUS <3

Old Post Dec-08-2010 23:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ReenTeenTeen Click here to Send ReenTeenTeen a Private Message Add ReenTeenTeen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA

I think it's perfect and exactly what nyc needed. KInd of reminds me of the Amnesia main room.

Old Post Dec-09-2010 00:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSasha Live Intenz 1999... [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCatapila - "Void (I Need You)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread