Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

Any tips on getting your kid to go to sleep earlier in the evening?

I go to bed really early (like 8:30PM) so it's my wife responsibility to put our daughter to bed. She aims around 9PM but she doesn't fall asleep till 10 or even after. She'll come out of her room asking for her mommy which has become irritating as she has to walk upstairs, do her mommy thing with her until she finally falls asleep. Once she's asleep she's good. It's getting her to fall asleep.

Thoughts?

Old Post Dec-12-2019 14:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

A good, consistent bed time routine combined with dim lighting in the evening. Exposure to light or lack of is what stimulates sleep and wake hormones and sets the circadian rhythm. So if you want your kid to go to bed an hour earlier, do it in 30 minute increments over a few days and she will adjust. How old is your daughter? And does she still have a day time nap?

Old Post Dec-12-2019 18:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
A good, consistent bed time routine combined with dim lighting in the evening. Exposure to light or lack of is what stimulates sleep and wake hormones and sets the circadian rhythm. So if you want your kid to go to bed an hour earlier, do it in 30 minute increments over a few days and she will adjust. How old is your daughter? And does she still have a day time nap?

She's 3 and she naps at school. Friends have told me to avoid naps during the day which she does not do on the weekends. But the school implements their nap times unfortunately.

Old Post Dec-12-2019 19:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Our bedtime routine includes a nice warm bath every night. So we start around 6:30 with warm bath, then night time diaper and clothes, read 2 books in the dim room and then lay her down. Same time every day. She still naps at 1, which has been getting shorter but is still like 2 hours or so. She is usually on her bed around 7-7:15 and we don't interrupt her ever.

Granted ours is just 2 years old so we will see how the next year goes!

Old Post Dec-12-2019 20:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
She's 3 and she naps at school. Friends have told me to avoid naps during the day which she does not do on the weekends. But the school implements their nap times unfortunately.

Well, it's actually good to hold onto the nap as long as possible. But it does sound like it's cutting into her night sleep - which is likely why she won't go to bed early (especially if she sleeps through the night, then she's over her sleep needs for 24 hours).

Kids at this age only need 11-13 hours of sleep in 24 hours, so once the tank is full you're gonna have either late bed times or an early riser.

Is it possible to talk to her care providers and ask if she can have quiet time instead of actually sleeping? That kinda sucks.

You can still try what I suggested though and see if it helps. The dim light is really key. After dinner/before bed you should be having quiet time and try to limit TV and other stimulating stuff.

Old Post Dec-12-2019 20:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

gracias folks! will give all your suggestions a try.

Old Post Dec-12-2019 21:15  United States
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

We had a surprise successful poopy potty all on her own. I hear a thud and I see her on her lil potty dropping a deucer in the living room. She got her pants down and top out the way, sat and pooop! I thought she was just playing with toys

It was also another realization on christmas that I am a dad. Filling out the tags on all the gifts, putting things together at night, putting presents out. So weird. But the kids were so excited.

Old Post Dec-29-2019 18:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Awwyeah! Congrats on the poop progress!

Old Post Dec-30-2019 12:54 
Trancealot
Supreme tranceaddict

long time listener rare poster-Has this happened yet for any parents out there

When you buy enough toys this will eventually happen but why....

Little video I made

https://youtu.be/XLSNKr3D-6I

Lasgo - something

The best vocal tunes on LI RIP(2001-2002)

Old Post Jan-04-2020 08:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancealot Click here to Send Trancealot a Private Message Add Trancealot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

That's awesome. We've had two become possessed and we just move em to the basement. Had a dragon rocket toy that just started blaring at 3am. creepy!

Old Post Jan-06-2020 03:50  United States
Silky Johnson

Another reason for me not to buy electronic toys, lol. Nooooope!

Old Post Jan-06-2020 13:40 
ziptnf
Programming your future

#2 on da way!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Feb-26-2020 01:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > C0r Parents Thread: Yes, It's Come to This
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (44): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackawesome proghouse - must have [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEmpyreal Sun - "Twisted Reality" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread