Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Pages (66): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
I'm trying to convince my wife that we should go to Venice next weekend but she is reluctant.

It's hard to avoid the feeling that the whole world has gone insane and is blowing this virus ridiculously out of proportion. For many years now, possible hundreds or thousands, as human lives have gotten more and more comfortable, we've become more and more risk-adverse. Everyone freaking out about this seems like a perfect example. If I was old or had respiratory problems, I would likely proactively self-isolate, but I'm not and I don't, so I would like a super cheap 5 star hotel in Venice.

I actually think it's pretty sweet the way populations are getting on board with restricted travel and other efforts to contain it. Obviously what makes the response to this virus different, is that the incubation and contagious periods overlap. I also just read that scientists have discovered there are actually two different strains of Covid19, one much more serious, albeit infecting in smaller percentages.

Anyway, I think the response has been very reasonable. Cold and flu season is almost over, then the threat of spread will be greatly diminished. That is, if it doesn't survive as well in warmer months.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 14:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

I win again.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 14:14  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

I found 2 n95 masks in my garage from when I was doing some work on the house. Am thinking of posting them on ebay.

We stocked up on formula, figured we were going to use it up anyways.

I am hoping they do not cancel many/any races here in the US. They are canceling some Marathon majors overseas...and I hope there are no triathlon cancellations either!

Old Post Mar-06-2020 15:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

It's crazy just how connected the world is. E.g., here I am in a little podunk town in rural TN, living in a county with a total population of around 8,000. I come in to work a couple of weeks ago (I work in a neighboring county), and the guy that handles our HR stuff (he works in one of our branch offices 2 hours away, normally) was in our building where is IT fools reside. He proceeds to tell us, "My son dates one of the tellers at our branch in City X. She is studying international business in college. She had an event scheduled in South Korea. She flew all the way over only to find out once she got there that the event had been cancelled due to coronavirus fears. She flew back and spent time at our home, visiting with my son." Now, I'm certainly not saying that this girl was exposed or infected, or that the HR guy was exposed or infected because this girl was in his home. But it was sobering to realize that I had, vicariously, POTENTIALLY been exposed even though I live in the damn woods and NEVER travel on any commercial or private flights. I drive 40 miles to work, and then the same 40 miles home every day. I never go out for lunch, and due to my social anxiety, I only leave the office about once a week for a light grocery run. But even being travel/social interaction averse, I was still potentially exposed.

Of course, so far so good...all is well. But I would be lying if I said my concerns aren't ratcheted up several notches because of my wife's lungs being in shit condition from 2 of the 4 drugs in the chemo cocktail and subsequent radiation she had to endure. It's truly a small world.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 16:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

If only people treated/feared influenza the same way, and got bloody flu shots! But OH NO THE GUBMENT IS TRYNA POISON AND CONTROLLL US!

Old Post Mar-06-2020 17:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
If only people treated/feared influenza the same way, and got bloody flu shots! But OH NO THE GUBMENT IS TRYNA POISON AND CONTROLLL US!

The bank pays for ours every year, so I get one religiously. I figure a cell phone is doing far more gubment tracking that anything in a vaccine every could, which is why I don't own one.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 17:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

So my boss who's an airplane spotter told me airlines are flying planes empty so they don't loose the slots. WTF I'll never pay for CO2 compensation or any bullshit like that.

128 infections here now, one 87 year old died. Numbers in France and Germany go up fast, but I'm still not worried. Just hope I don't have to cancel our vacation to Crete over six weeks.

I wouldn't go to Italy right now, as there is a chance you can't return home when you want to. Even my Italian sales colleague (who lives in Italy) doesn't take the risk of traveling in Italy now.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Mar-06-2020 20:28  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson

YESSSS!! I have close friends that simply refuse the flu shot because they think it's a way for the government to get you sick blah blah blah. Thankfully all they're not completely anti vax but their opinions on the flu shot is simply hilarious!

Old Post Mar-06-2020 20:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

I definitely think things are going to get worse/far more worrisome before they get better. We talk a big game here in the States, but big talk can't hide the budget cuts, etc.

Old Post Mar-06-2020 20:33  United States
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

yo japanese passing by...

Old Post Mar-07-2020 08:18  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

schools are closed, scared tweets are deleted by SOMEBODY (it's real!), stages are put off... just into netflix lol
btw i am to go 2 Taiwan next week. how about that? my families ask me 2 cancel it tho :P
i think Taiwan is far safer than Japan...

Old Post Mar-07-2020 08:31  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

My dad is supposed to fly from the States in a few weeks for our wedding and he's worried about being in the airports. One person has died where he lives, which doesn't help his anxiety.

I've been a bit worried about our unborn and his mother, but they say children aren't as vulnerable to the severe symptoms. I still have yet to hear why exactly.

We've both had really bad sore throats in the last few weeks that lasted longer than usual. That seems to be going around, too.

Perhaps this virus is the wake-up call the world needs. It's certainly highlighting the inadequacies in our healthcare systems. The silver lining is that it seems to have shifted people's focus from all the things they hate about each other to how we're all going to deal with this soon-to-be pandemic (how is it not classified as that already?). Then again people are a lot more paranoid around each other. I was on the tube yesterday and everyone on the train looked at the lady who coughed like she vomited.

The consensus among scientists is that at least half of the world's population will contract it. Other than washing our hands more, we're not doing anything different unless the government mandates it. If it weren't for us about to have a baby, I wouldn't pay much attention. But that makes it slightly nerve-racking. The collective panic is real, though, as illustrated by some of the empty shelves at the grocery stores (specifically toilet paper and products from Italy like pasta and the like). We did just order a shitload of diapers lol.

If you're interested in following the statistics, I recommend this graphic from Johns Hopkins:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdash...423467b48e9ecf6

Old Post Mar-07-2020 12:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Corona Virus Fears in your area
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (66): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktry to id this! [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJ K Walker vs. Marcos - "Night Finder" (Marcos Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread