Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > 1999 Sets - 11 of them
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

No probs

Old Post Mar-19-2015 21:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: 1999 Sets - 9 of them

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
When did he oakie ever played these:

Mox Epoque - I Feel My
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Mix)
Airwave - Lightspeed
Resistance D - Feel High

In his sets? Have no recollection of it. I do know Tiesto would play them in his sets though.

Sorry I never seen these and I just came upon this question after looking to download one of the mixes off here.

Resistance D
Yes this was played by oakenfold. It was a mistaken tracklisting from this set where it was listed on radio one website as Movement - Taste [white label]

http://www.troonik.com/r/2/371/paul...1999-08-29.aspx

you can hear the track with pete tong confirming oakenfold is on the decks as its being played and the crowd chanting oakey oakey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHiZe0jkok#&t=2000

As for lightspeed and Das Glockenspiel both were played here. Humate mix was out 1999 and lightspeed was 2000 I believe.

http://www.oakenfoldmixes.com/mixes...-wmc-03-24-2001

Finally mox epogue was played Paul Oakenfold Live from Home in Sydney, Australia 01-17-1999 Essential Mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuh7x_OgOpE&t=5700

Old Post Sep-28-2015 13:30  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
Just added another one

VOLUME ELEVEN

The Conductor & the Olmec Heads - Spiritualised This Way (Astral Mix / Original Mix)
Inflexion - Pure (Olmec Heads Mix)
Grace - Not Over Yet (Breeders it is now remix)
Breeder - Twilo thunder (Stoked up mix)
Red Light District - Did You Hear Me (Phase II Mix)
Goldenscan - sunrise (Original Mix)
Humate - Love Stimulation (Paul Van dyk Remix)
Vimana - Dreamtime
Electric Boutique - Revelation (Original Mix)
Liquid Child - diving faces
Pulp victim - the world 99 (Moonman mix)
Force Majure - Redemption
Solange - Messages (Gouryella mix)
Vincent De moor - shamu
Formologic - My Experience (Moonman mix)
Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathys Song (Ferry Corsten Mix)
2Hd - Sunflakes (Vincent De Moor Mix)
Vimana - We Came
Ayu - Connected (Push Dub)
Agenda - Heaven (Lange mix)

http://www.sushipunk.net/Mixes/Why_...ian_Nicholl.mp3

I worked out to this over the weekend. Fucking Quality as before. I know you;re doing this for fun so don't really need feedback but....

the mix of Not Over Yet into Twilo Thunder is fucking cracking - it takes the energy right up there. I only wish you'd have mixed out of Twilo Thunder sooner rather than letting it play all the way to the end - it's a long tune (10mins) and after the second drop it really doesn't do anything you haven't hear by the 4min mark.

I also love that you got some Vincent De Moor on there - Shamu is one of the most underated track in dance music history but was hammered by every good trance night back then.

Also like that you played the VDM mix of Sunflakes - great memories of the First time ferry played in the UK (peach, Camden Palace) and Graham Gold dropped that during the closing set and it was the VDM mix rather than his own mix.

My only other comment is that towards the end it's gets in to a lot of high-note melody territory which is a little fatiguing but otherwise it's a fucking great mix and thanks for sharing once again.

By the way, was this a digital mix? I couldn't hear a single click, pop or warp?

Old Post Sep-30-2015 00:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I worked out to this over the weekend. Fucking Quality as before. I know you;re doing this for fun so don't really need feedback but....

the mix of Not Over Yet into Twilo Thunder is fucking cracking - it takes the energy right up there. I only wish you'd have mixed out of Twilo Thunder sooner rather than letting it play all the way to the end - it's a long tune (10mins) and after the second drop it really doesn't do anything you haven't hear by the 4min mark.

I also love that you got some Vincent De Moor on there - Shamu is one of the most underated track in dance music history but was hammered by every good trance night back then.

Also like that you played the VDM mix of Sunflakes - great memories of the First time ferry played in the UK (peach, Camden Palace) and Graham Gold dropped that during the closing set and it was the VDM mix rather than his own mix.

My only other comment is that towards the end it's gets in to a lot of high-note melody territory which is a little fatiguing but otherwise it's a fucking great mix and thanks for sharing once again.

By the way, was this a digital mix? I couldn't hear a single click, pop or warp?

Hey Mate

Not at all I love hearing thoughts and feedback.

Yes this was a digital mix mainly as I have a lot of these now bought on WAV or CD to WAV and when i listen back to the earlier mixes on vinyl and CDJ the quality is annoying. I think some werent even 320kbps. Unforgivable thinking back!

Some of the mixes I wish I could redo again in WAV quality I did try but the energy and feeling just wasnt there I couldnt get the mixing to sound as well as it did then which is crazy to say when youve got all the time in the world to do it digitally versus a one shot on vinyl. Using your hands and instinct in the moment is just hard to replicate fiddiling with a mouse.

Yeah the breeder track I personally cant get enough of it so I let it play right out to the end but i know where your coming from on it as it is

Glad you nodded to sunflakes it never seems to get a mention when the topic of euro trance comes up blows my mind i think it is so underrated. As was graham gold in my opinion outside of london and kiss fm.

Force majure was another one, really that was where Iw as going with the end of the mix just tracks that were caned but never seem to make it on the majority of best trance ever mixes lol

Old Post Oct-02-2015 11:14  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jambowned
Supreme tranceaddict

Love the look of these, can't wait to have a listen.

Would you be able to supply some timings so I can get some cues up on cuenation.com?

Old Post Nov-01-2016 04:41  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for jambowned Click here to Send jambowned a Private Message Visit jambowned's homepage! Add jambowned to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jambowned
Love the look of these, can't wait to have a listen.

Would you be able to supply some timings so I can get some cues up on cuenation.com?

Hi Sure I can try what did you need though, do I have to give the minutes and seconds when each mix has finished?

i.e

00:00 Galaxy - Higher Frequency
02:18 Mara - Fall From Grace (Indyman Vocal Mix)
08:10 Tilt - Children (Tilts Courtyard mix)

It's a bit awkward as I like to do long mixes that overlap a lot of the two tracks (in some cases three tracks) at once but I can try my best with it

Old Post Nov-01-2016 16:10  United Kingdom
jambowned
Supreme tranceaddict

Minutes and seconds would be fine. I can fine tune from there so it hits a beat nicely.

Some people are a bit particular about where cue points should go, but I generally like the point to be where the next track really takes over the mix.

In terms of multiple tracks going at once, I would either list it as a versus or just whatever you think is best.

You are the author after all!

Old Post Nov-02-2016 01:32  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for jambowned Click here to Send jambowned a Private Message Visit jambowned's homepage! Add jambowned to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Love these sets but Vol.9 seems to be cut from the last two tracks unfortunately.

Old Post Jun-27-2017 03:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

Bumping new life into this thread.

Any chance these mixes could be made available again?

The Sushi links aren't working any longer.

Old Post Dec-06-2018 15:44  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Midlothian
Bumping new life into this thread.

Any chance these mixes could be made available again?

The Sushi links aren't working any longer.

I will get some hosting sorted in Jan, they are all online here but not sure if i can make them downloadable

https://www.mixcloud.com/Hidden_Agenda/uploads/

Really I must do another one I almost am ready to do a vinyl only one, with a focus on lesser known prog from 1998-2006. Will record it on video also and put it on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp...AALIR6YaSpdtm_A

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Dec-17-2018 23:40  United Kingdom
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

I just did a livestream last night with some Oakey 99 world tour classics on vinyl, might be of interest to some in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FyPNPxrhk

Taste Xperience - Highlander (Original) [Black Hole White Label]
Tilt - Invisible (Supernatural Vocal) [Acetate]
Fatheads - Music 4 Lunch (Main Course) [Flammable White Label]
Dea Li - Calling The Angels (DJ Taucher Remix) [Orbit Records]
Resistance D - Feel High (Club Mix) [Planet Vision White Label]
Mox Epoque - I Feel My (Instrumental) [Iceberg White Label]
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Remix) [Data Promo]
The Aurnaut - People Want To Be Needed [Baracudda White Label]
Jon Vesta - Gull [Stonehouse White Label]
The Nomads - The Holy Land Spirit [Vandit White Label]
Inflexion - Pure (Olmec Heads Remix) [Neo Test Pressing]
Space Manouvres - Stage One (Saga Mix) [Acetate]
Push - Universal Nation [Bonzai White Label]
Kamaya Painters - Endless Wave (Albion Mix) [Data Test Pressing]
Prism - Rising Calm [Limbo White Label]
Amoeba Assasin - Piledriver (Greyed Out Instrumental) [Dubplate]
Marino Stephano - Free Time [Fog Area Trance White Label]
Mobile Bitch - Sex For Pleasure [Bitch White Label]
The Source - Fly Away (Hidden Agenda Bonded Beats Reconstruction) [Dubplate]
Binary Finary - 2000 (Gouryella Remix) [Positiva White Label]
Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Ferry Corsten Remix) [Platipus Test Pressing]
Westbam vs Red Jerry - Wizards Of The Sonic (Matt Darey Remix) [Wonderboy White Label]
Origin - Wide Eyed Angel (Inversion Mix) [Hooj Choons Test Pressing]
Space Brothers - Forgiven (Origin Remix) [Dubplate]
Prism - Topaz [Dubplate]
Agenda - Heaven [Acetate]
<-- Facebook cut here but I kept playing on youtube -->
Breeder - New York FM [Acetate]
Boyd Westerman - Loop Life [Vortex Records]
Perfect State - Perfect State [Cola Records]
Vengaboys - Paradise [Positiva White Label]
Junk Project - Compsure [Universal Prime Breaks Promo]
Nalin & Kane - Open Your Eyes (Re-Worked Club Mix) [Superfly White Label]
Sandra Collins - Flutterby (X-Cabs Remix) [Hook White Label]
Lex - Vertical Horizon (Unknown Remix) [Dubplate]
Faxe Inc - Something [VooDoo White Label]

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post May-06-2020 14:42  United Kingdom
Midlothian
Reaping the percussions

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
might be of interest to some in this thread

Absolutely.

Old Post May-06-2020 15:51  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > 1999 Sets - 11 of them
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackandrew k - global dj broadcast 08-11-04 track #2 [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTomcraft - "Prozac" [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread