Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Moog One - Start saving.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
So at $500 /voice that's about a $2,000 - $3,000 supersaw lead. The Moog OSCs are pretty fat so you might be able to get that down to $1,000 - $2,000.

Speaking of Moog, I was actually just in Asheville, NC about a year ago. I was too excited about all the beer that I didn't realize the Moog factory is there, too! Could have checked out the factory store or whatever they have, oh well. :/

So it's 3 part multi timbral, but fully multi timbral. Each with it's own discreet signal path.

It also has three sets of hardware inserts that can be applied to each part.

I also like the fact that it's got two types of filter, not just the usual Mo0GpHaT!

I'm be gettin' me one if I can actually find one. I'm not sure how limited numbers will be.

Old Post Oct-05-2018 08:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
So at $500 /voice that's about a $2,000 - $3,000 supersaw lead. The Moog OSCs are pretty fat so you might be able to get that down to $1,000 - $2,000.

Speaking of Moog, I was actually just in Asheville, NC about a year ago. I was too excited about all the beer that I didn't realize the Moog factory is there, too! Could have checked out the factory store or whatever they have, oh well. :/

I was also there like five years ago and didn't realize that the factory was there. I visited the Biltmore estate, which was kind of cool, but I would definitely have preferred to see the Moog factory.

Old Post Oct-05-2018 08:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Richard Butler
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd buy her for the look alone

One of my all time most impressionable synth moments was when I got hands-on a Memory Moog for a few minutes

Is it expensive? Not really, who knows what sorts of oven baking process's the components have gone through (is that still a thing, lol?).

People pay $10k for a little wristwatch ffs.

Old Post Oct-06-2018 13:41  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Butler Click here to Send Richard Butler a Private Message Add Richard Butler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

For this sort of price, I'd expect like an organ setup. Two keyboards and bass pedals, with speakers & stand.

Which begs the question, why don't Moog enter the organ market considering the amount of evangelicals in America?

True peeps pay $1500 for an iphone and that doesn't even include the phone bill charges.

Last edited by Mel David on Oct-09-2018 at 00:34

Old Post Oct-06-2018 14:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Butler
I'd buy her for the look alone

One of my all time most impressionable synth moments was when I got hands-on a Memory Moog for a few minutes

Is it expensive? Not really, who knows what sorts of oven baking process's the components have gone through (is that still a thing, lol?).

People pay $10k for a little wristwatch ffs.

Exactly.

People pay $1500 for an iPhone.

Old Post Oct-06-2018 15:40  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Here's your $8,000 supersaw:

Old Post Oct-08-2018 16:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Luckily I won't be using it for that.

Old Post Oct-08-2018 18:07  United Kingdom
LoveHate

can't afford it

Old Post Oct-15-2018 02:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

the samples on soundcloud are really nice, but this is definitely a luxury item ...plus you already need to live in a nice sized home to have room for this thing.

Old Post Oct-15-2018 02:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I was going to get one just after Christmas, but I've yet to hear a 'must have' demo. I don't think it sounds any 'better' than an OB6 (although different for sure). Having on board Eventide FX is meaningless to me. It's nice to have, but I'll have equally good outboard anyway.

Old Post Oct-15-2018 08:10  United Kingdom
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I was going to get one just after Christmas, but I've yet to hear a 'must have' demo. I don't think it sounds any 'better' than an OB6 (although different for sure). Having on board Eventide FX is meaningless to me. It's nice to have, but I'll have equally good outboard anyway.

if you can buy it, and it wont break your bank, and especially if you have space in your flat, why not...

judging from that graph posted above it looks like most synths have only gone up in value ... maybe because they become rare collectors items

i dont know if this one will , but there must be a reason why its so expensive ...maybe polyphony ...maybe the brand...or all of the above

one thing is for sure the sound is excellent , we will have to wait for some trance producer to really expirement with it and push it beyond its capibilities to get that must have demo

Old Post Oct-16-2018 11:24  Canada
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
if you can buy it, and it wont break your bank, and especially if you have space in your flat, why not...

judging from that graph posted above it looks like most synths have only gone up in value ... maybe because they become rare collectors items

i dont know if this one will , but there must be a reason why its so expensive ...maybe polyphony ...maybe the brand...or all of the above

one thing is for sure the sound is excellent , we will have to wait for some trance producer to really expirement with it and push it beyond its capibilities to get that must have demo

I have absolutely no interest in speculating that these things will go up in value. Even if it does, I'll make a few grand in what...ten years? I can do that in a month or two by working twice as much as I usually do.

The reason the Moog is so expensive is because it's the best of everything. The wooden case alone would be a grand if you hired somebody to make it for you, it's a work of art. The Fatar keybeds aren't cheap. The polyphony is circuit board real estate, which includes 16 filters. The Eventide FX...... consider than an H9 is well North of $/£500. The input/output section is the equivalent of a good audio interface, and that's going to be another $/£500-1000.

Take a look at this video showing the inside of a single voice Voyager

Then realise that the Moog One has 16 times the polyphony, and has an architecture that is truly 3 part multi timbral giving you a real 3 separate synths inside with their own signal paths and gain staging. Honestly, it's a bargain in some respects.

Now saying all that, the main reason I don't want one at this point is that so far I've not heard anything that suggests it sounds any 'better' than something like an OB6...and in most respects I actually prefer the Oberheim filter anyway. I'll wait until my local store has one (Andertons) and go have a play. By the time I can afford one they should have one and I'll have moved to a bigger place anyway.

Old Post Oct-16-2018 12:27  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Moog One - Start saving.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID played by Dj Astrid 01 [2004] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackInner State - "Changes" (John O'Callaghan Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread