Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So after a long time away from the scene...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
georgea80
tranceaddict

So after a long time away from the scene...

Whats good to listen to?
I come from generation 1 & 2 of trance (~97 ~2003 eras) and my interest waned around the time pvd started playing EDM filth and gay male vocal stuff (2005>). I cant stand edm and want for some good old original supersaw / pumping/ prog trance.

Who plays such stuff these days?
Can you direct me to some good sets i could check out?

Many thanks !

Old Post Jul-10-2014 16:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for georgea80 Click here to Send georgea80 a Private Message Add georgea80 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
georgea80
tranceaddict

Nobody listens to trance any more, all EDM whores now eh?

Old Post Jul-11-2014 18:09  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for georgea80 Click here to Send georgea80 a Private Message Add georgea80 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Re: So after a long time away from the scene...

quote:
Originally posted by georgea80
good old original supersaw

Does not compute.

Old Post Jul-11-2014 18:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnitride
Tiesto played my record

Just when I thought everyone and their dog had finally laid that awful waveform to rest....

Old Post Jul-11-2014 18:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Supersaws hightened ecstasy peaks like no other waveform, its fact; also the title of mattsanity's next thread.

Old Post Jul-12-2014 05:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
georgea80
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djnitride
Just when I thought everyone and their dog had finally laid that awful waveform to rest....

Whys it awful? Can you give me some examples of whats good in the world of trance music ?

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
Supersaws hightened ecstasy peaks like no other waveform, its fact; also the title of mattsanity's next thread.

Can you help?

OR am I just going to be judged, maybe trance like this doesn't exist any more and that everythings gone to the dark side of EDM; gay male vocals, continual builds with no breakdown, sets with no construction or direction.. Seems to me its all gone to sh1t !

Old Post Jul-12-2014 08:11  United Kingdom
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Yeah, it's not the like the good old days anymore!

Old Post Jul-12-2014 08:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Cant really help much, you can check out pulsar recordings.

Old Post Jul-12-2014 09:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh, come on, let's not discredit the supersaw sound for the fact that it was overused. The problem with it is that it's become sort of the "go to" synth for so many producers that it's become cliche.
There are loads of good tunes where it's used properly:

Also, OP, it's pretty much going to be a disappointing journey for you. I'm a lover of classic trance (though there are many good tracks made in the 2001-2005 period as well), but it seems that most DJs don't play these styles and most musicians don't work with them.
You may enjoy some of my work however, since I am faithful to the traditional trance sound of the mid/late 90s and thus make many tunes with that sound. I also intend on releasing a monthly compilation series filled with classics from the 97-01 period, so keep an eye out for that if you'd like.
I believe it's possible for these classic sounds to return; recently Kai Tracid and York made an acid track of all things that skyrocketed to #1 on several charts, beating out releases by big labels such as Armada. Some DJs in my area also play classic trance once in a while and that's when I really see these clubs blow up. I think there is definitely a huge amount of people who would get into classic trance, but there's a lack of mainstream exposure since it's not "cool" to like trance anymore and thus good trance often remains underground in the modern market.

Old Post Jul-23-2014 05:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rubez
Supreme tranceaddict

PLENTY of this shit around.

the supersaw was best used in conjunction with out of this world / searing through space (journey) type trance tracks. darkly uplifting.

and for something a little more current... the break half way in is fucking sublime.

Last edited by rubez on Jul-23-2014 at 14:37

Old Post Jul-23-2014 14:24  Scotland
Click Here to See the Profile for rubez Click here to Send rubez a Private Message Visit rubez's homepage! Add rubez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kosmotika
Supreme tranceaddict

Found something modern that sounds fairly oldschool...couldn't believe it when I found out this track was made in 2009!

Old Post Jul-27-2014 17:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kosmotika Click here to Send kosmotika a Private Message Add kosmotika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

This thread makes me want a jp8080.

Old Post Jul-27-2014 17:56  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > So after a long time away from the scene...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from 2002....anyone have a clue?? [2004] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAztec Mystic - "Knights Of The Jaguar" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread