Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need new DVS Interface, suggestions please.
Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Brandt Slater
Dude that sucks and interesting too. I typically shop at PSSL and haven’t had ian ssue like that yet. If it helps, a friend of mine is having the same issues with Phase through Guitar Center. I dunno if he purchased them online or in a store but there’s been a three week delay past when they were supposed to arrive.

Quite frankly, Phase’s tech support receives and F from me. Still haven’t gotten a response from them. Attempted to converse with them via Facebook but they gave me the same tech spiel as the manual says. I dunno, maybe if my name was Jazzy Jeff or something like that, the response would be quicker. Kinda hoping someone buys them out and can run the system effectively. The product’s good but the human side of it, No.

Well at least it's not me then.

I called PSSL today and they want to give me a gift card for all the delays which was nice.

However, they said they're expecting them next week......

...but he explained there's something weird with phase:

They won't give tracking details to any retailers. Normally, they get tracking details once the items are in transit, sometimes even before that, but phase flat out refuse to send any tracking details to retailers, only an indication of when it should arrive.

I happened to call a local DJ store (that I've know for years but weren't on the approved retailers list) and he said he had some a couple of weeks back (first initial shipment) and is now waiting for the second batch.....

Apparently Phase are purposely holding off shipping any becuase of the glitches they've had. It's not a manufacturing issue in terms of pumping out enough units, they have loads, it's that they still haven't fixed the issues with the faulty calibration and they're overrun with complaints of faulty ones so are not shipping any until they absolutely solve it. This suddenly makes about the tracking info problem.

I'll find out next week if they've fixed it......

Old Post Jun-06-2019 02:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

AT FUCKING LAST

For all my bitching and moaning, I have to say that this is manufactured BEAUTIFULLY. I mean really well made. I'm surprised they've managed to keep the cost so low.

Going to give them a tryout tonight......if I can find my old battered serato box kicking around.

Otherwise it's Traktor.

Old Post Jun-12-2019 20:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Alright, waiting for the review.

Old Post Jun-12-2019 21:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Will def write a full review but I’m now thinking to go with Traktor as I can use my audio interface (with the hex edit trick I posted a while back) rather than being forced to use the old shitty Serato SL1 box as the interface.

....unless someone has figured out how to use Serato without the box yet?

Old Post Jun-13-2019 15:23 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

If you're on a Mac like me you can use aggregate just use the SL1 Box just for its inputs and use another card simultaneously, w/e the transfer protocol may be, usb, thunderbolt etc. NI is running a sale on its software and if you pony up no hex edit required with the Traktor 3 Upgrade.

More info here regarding SL1

SL1 Scratch Control with Traktor 3, info here.

Old Post Jun-13-2019 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Ta, but now I can't find my old SL1 box.

Going to have to be Traktor 3 with my trusty old Echo Audiofire4 for both input and output.

So Traktor 3 is now fully native (i.e. no NI certified hardware needed)?

Old Post Jun-15-2019 23:34 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

You're going need Pre Inputs for scratch control but for and with Phase you don't. So echoaudio fire would be fine and work for outputs and inputs.

If the hex edit works. You don't need to buy anything.

Here read this, I see there issues still with Trakta.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/phase-dj-with-traktor.355177/

Last edited by Hides in Shadow on Jun-16-2019 at 01:40

Old Post Jun-16-2019 00:58  United States
Brandt Slater
Supreme tranceaddict

Other than the calibration error. Which the warning pop up is now disabled. It’s been good. Still know drift issues. Of course it’s running through the A10 interface. Don’t know if that helps or not. Only issue is the dead remote and no response from their tech support.

Old Post Jun-16-2019 03:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for Brandt Slater Click here to Send Brandt Slater a Private Message Add Brandt Slater to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Cheers for the info lads.

Finally go around to installing and setting up.

My trusty audiofire works a treat and the setup of phase was pretty straightforward. I really haven't played with it enough yet to do a full review but initial impressions are solid.

I have a discrepancy of 0.1% when they're locked to zero via the reset buttong on my mk5gs but that really doesn't bother me. I don't see any flutter and first impressions are they seem to keep time as well a timecode DVS.

It is fucking crazy to me that they've been able to do such precise positioning wirelessly so kudos to them for killing timecode.

My only gripes so far is the lack of absolute mode and the calibration warnings but hopefully the latter will be figured out via software patches from serato and traktor over time.

Old Post Jun-17-2019 17:21 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Glad you got it working..Hmm..I'm skeptical on what to shoot for the end of this month, delay pedal or back with phase.

Old Post Jun-17-2019 22:22  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Also, just got an email from Phase basically saying they are working on a firmware update to iron out the calibration issue and include gestures - I will be over the fucking moon of they figure out a signal for jump to start of track or a cue point.

Old Post Jun-18-2019 00:18 
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

I'm honestly agains't phase, the big question on my mind is all that time I spent with a ruler for tone arm height for Concordes and OM Headshells with precise recommended tracking force and custom anti skate (Halfway of Recommended force is best) and bam all that irrelevant with wireless. Is it a revolution in technology? I need to test that shit for myself.

Consider me old fashioned embraced..

Old Post Jun-18-2019 01:25  United States

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Need new DVS Interface, suggestions please.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (12): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack 5 From Hydroid - Deepwater Sessions 003 07-18-05 [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDavid Guetta vs. The Egg - "Walking Away" (Tocadisco remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread