Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think it's because it's a very unusual style for Digweed, there are none of the obvious artists or tracks you would expect him to be playing in 1997. Perhaps it's because these are the first two hours in a much longer set so he's still in deeper, warm-up mode, and possibly started busting out the Slacker and Edge Factor later on in the night.

EDIT: Here's the link to the full set... http://www.sendspace.com/file/za3wvi

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-09-2013 14:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
The lack of a finished tracklisting is a little strange as by 96-97 usually enough people in the world started buying dance music that you would figure most of the songs would be id by someone.

He probably played a lot of promos that never got properly released. I mean especially in vinyl times that happened a lot. Someone like Digweed must have an insane archive of stuff that has never seen the light of the day.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 15:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
He probably played a lot of promos that never got properly released. I mean especially in vinyl times that happened a lot. Someone like Digweed must have an insane archive of stuff that has never seen the light of the day.

Very true but that means there was an awful lot of great promos that never got released in 97! Also on the insane archive issue, in an interview PVD said that his vinyl collection had to basically be stored in a wharehouse and he paid to have it all digitized.

That being said, how does one go about asking Digweed if I can go and listen to all his old vinyl so I update this tracklist properly?

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Feb-09-2013 15:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Very true but that means there was an awful lot of great promos that never got released in 97! Also on the insane archive issue, in an interview PVD said that his vinyl collection had to basically be stored in a wharehouse and he paid to have it all digitized.

That being said, how does one go about asking Digweed if I can go and listen to all his old vinyl so I update this tracklist properly?

Go to England or wherever he lives, find him, knock on his home-door and talk to him. Should work.

Since we're talking oldschool unreleased stuff:

Old Post Feb-09-2013 16:00  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Go to England or wherever he lives, find him, knock on his home-door and talk to him. Should work.

hahaha. Whats funny is that I have done something this stupid before when I was younger and on a european vacation. me and my friend were basically huge Jean-Luc Godard fans and went to Rolle Switzerland to find him. I basically had found an address to some random office in rolle. We showed up in this small ass town and camped out at the cafe next to the address, smoking and drinking coffee all day hoping to spot him. And as luck would have it, I remember looking up and seeing him but not believing it. My friend blurted out, "your right its him" we ran out of the damn cafe and chased him in the streets. I started yelling out his name and wait in french and he started walking faster. I then blurted out in english his name and wait and he stopped dead in his tracks. I then caught up with him. By this point, i was basically about to pass out from shortness of breath, and the craziness of it all. I then started to talk with him, and tell him that we had traveled 5 thousand miles to talk with him etc blah blah, he had this smile on his face at first, probably thinking how crazy this is, which started turning into a small but discernible look of concern, probably thinking this is how stalkers probably act before stabbing you. Sometime at this point he said sorry I cant and started walking away and a pace that was more than brisk which turned into competitive walking. My friend then caught up with us, and asked what happened I told him, at which point he ran after him to give it the old college try. He caught up with him and told him something to the effect, we have come all this way to see you, to which godard replied, "that was a mistake". as he was walking away, my friend yelled out "Contempt was the most beautiful film i ever saw" and with that godard walked away into the city streets and us back to the smokes and coffee. It was strange as we were both really sad at first getting back into the train, but the more we thought about it and talked about it, the more it became apparent just how amazing an event happened to us that day. We did meet Godard, and to this day, anytime that story comes up i do get a great smile on my face.

So dont think I wouldnt actually try this if I knew diggers home address.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 16:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

also, prism-topaz, so sad that track will never see the light of day. Electronic Music is the modern silent cinema. Artistic masterpieces being lost and forgotten because most of us are too stupid or uncaring enough to fully appreciate just how much the future will respect this art form and wished we had taken better care of it.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 16:21  United States
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
also, prism-topaz, so sad that track will never see the light of day.

Actually it will be released within a few months on the old Gatecrasher label.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:21  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by Chimney
Actually it will be released within a few months on the old Gatecrasher label.

What? I thought I had read that the track would never be released because the original master was lost.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:23  United States
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
What? I thought I had read that the track would never be released because the original master was lost.

Not exactly. The label had lost the DAT master, but Prism had the original file, yet he didn't let them release it due to some internal stuff.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:25  Sweden
paulversuspaul

aight. Cool will def be buying this when it comes out. Any idea when it will be officially released? TIA.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:28  United States
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
aight. Cool will def be buying this when it comes out. Any idea when it will be officially released? TIA.

2-4 months is all I know.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:29  Sweden
Chimney
Low pH

If I could talk to any producer, in person, it would be Eric Prydz. There's this track which has been obsessing me for 4 years, from a ghost producer which only he and Dave Seaman have.

Old Post Feb-09-2013 17:36  Sweden

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack id! [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAlexkid - "Come With Me" (Tiga's Acid Death Rave Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread