Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance Hiding In Other Genres Nowadays?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
janussyndrome
tranceaddict in training

Perhaps, but there's also many other genres hiding in trance too thanks to me XD Give it a listen will u? (;

http://janussyndrome.bandcamp.com/album/mmxiv

Kinda wanted to do psytrance album but gone into experimenting and fusioning with various edm genres including hardstyle, that martin garrix bigroom sound, deadmau5 progressive house sound, this basic "tiestotrance" and even some dubstep beats there's also small surprise in the end of the "outro"... XD

Old Post Feb-01-2014 23:57  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for janussyndrome Click here to Send janussyndrome a Private Message Visit janussyndrome's homepage! Add janussyndrome to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Depends on your definition of Trance I guess.

Old Post Feb-03-2014 23:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

I find that most music reminiscent of the original 1990s sound that got me into trance is filed under techno these days.

I guess this makes sense, because today no one can seriously accuse a techno artist of making trance. The formal definition has diverged too much from "techno/house hybrid with melody and hypnotic elements", so dropping in some layered psychedelic elements is not seen as an aesthetic breach -- think Ben Klock at his most subliminal.

House has some trance-like elements now and again, like John Talabot, but I find it's less common than in techno these days.

Old Post Feb-05-2014 17:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

i find that the whole 132-138 bpm melodic progressive psy is basically trance at this point

Old Post Feb-07-2014 01:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Is Trance Hiding In Other Genres Nowadays?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAmazing tune by DJ Shock!!!!! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCirculation - "Turqouise" (Different Gear Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread