Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Is this something we actually want? I think we're imagining 'normal' in terms of the rhythm of daily life, which is certainly how I was using it, but that also includes all the institutional deficiencies that COVID has managed to expose, so if we never return to normal, then we should be so fortunate.

Otherwise, I think people are finally coming to terms that normal- as we once knew it- is a thing of the past for the indefinite future, and that we simply can't expect to shelter in place for a few weeks and then walk back out into the world as it once was. I think it's reasonable to believe that we'll basically be playing a game of COVID cat-and-mouse until herd immunity is achieved one way or the other, so, yeah, buckle up.

Normal as the new normal even will take a while.
Denmark just started with opening primary schools. Our prime minister yesterday announced we will too as of May 11th, but at 50%, which means classes will be divided into two.
Children under 13 will be able to sport/train again without the 1.5 meter distance. Only outside at their own club, no competition games, no parents at the sidelines. 13 - 18 years old also are allowed to sport outside again, but need to keep the 1.5 meter distance, so that means only training.

Our government pays close attention to Denmark and Austria, who seem to be a bit ahead of us. They discuss with Germany as it's good when the approach of neighbor countries is not too far off.

Reason to first start with the kids is that research showed that kids don't seem to spread corona, but mostly get it from older people and only get mild symptoms.

Our top already was a couple of weeks ago and it took till now until the first release measures have been announced. It shows our government is acting very carefully.
The charts of the Eindhoven University researchers show that only countries with a flattened curve start thinking of releasing measures.
https://www.tue.nl/en/news/news-ove...new-infections/

Big exception is the US. It's obvious the US approach of Trump a very risky one as we already have the idea of taking some risks, just by opening the schools. Next to that we waited much longer.
It's gonna take months before we have the new normal in the best scenario, at least over here it will take that long.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Apr-22-2020 14:32  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Normal as the new normal even will take a while.
Denmark just started with opening primary schools. Our prime minister yesterday announced we will too as of May 11th, but at 50%, which means classes will be divided into two.
Children under 13 will be able to sport/train again without the 1.5 meter distance. Only outside at their own club, no competition games, no parents at the sidelines. 13 - 18 years old also are allowed to sport outside again, but need to keep the 1.5 meter distance, so that means only training.

Our government pays close attention to Denmark and Austria, who seem to be a bit ahead of us. They discuss with Germany as it's good when the approach of neighbor countries is not too far off.

Reason to first start with the kids is that research showed that kids don't seem to spread corona, but mostly get it from older people and only get mild symptoms.

Our top already was a couple of weeks ago and it took till now until the first release measures have been announced. It shows our government is acting very carefully.
The charts of the Eindhoven University researchers show that only countries with a flattened curve start thinking of releasing measures.
https://www.tue.nl/en/news/news-ove...new-infections/

Big exception is the US. It's obvious the US approach of Trump a very risky one as we already have the idea of taking some risks, just by opening the schools. Next to that we waited much longer.
It's gonna take months before we have the new normal in the best scenario, at least over here it will take that long.

Glad to hear some progress from your side.

Still waiting here in Los Angeles. It feels like the state of CA has done a pretty good job of keeping the curve flattened. Although I continue to read the number of daily deaths and feel like it's slowly rising. They say we haven't hit peak yet. Governor Newsom definitely taking a lot of precaution with lifting the lock down which i think is the right move. We have a little concern because my wife who is self employed hasn't worked in about a month now.

Old Post Apr-22-2020 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Turn her out out, bro.

Old Post Apr-22-2020 19:40  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
Glad to hear some progress from your side.

Still waiting here in Los Angeles. It feels like the state of CA has done a pretty good job of keeping the curve flattened. Although I continue to read the number of daily deaths and feel like it's slowly rising. They say we haven't hit peak yet. Governor Newsom definitely taking a lot of precaution with lifting the lock down which i think is the right move. We have a little concern because my wife who is self employed hasn't worked in about a month now.

The number of new infections show if your near the top or not. The number of death is some weeks behind. IC capacity determines when it's safe to release some measures (at least over here). Our country is too small to act per province, but for the US it would make a lot of sense to look at states or groups of states. But that's what is happening at the moment I think. It's only that Trump hands it all over to the governors instead of keeping a overview.

Over here today now are some signals that we might release some measures even quicker than told yesterday as number start dropping quicker. Business here is pushing for a intelligent opening up.
What happens here for most states in the US would be very useful information as if we and other European countries do well they could follow the example.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Apr-22-2020 20:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
If we somehow get a handle on this and it ends up being a 6-9 month phenomenon then it's more likely to be a weird little "remember when we couldn't leave our homes?" moment in history. If it ends up being a full scale disaster then the fall out, social and political, could be huge.

It's looking much more like the "full scale disaster" outcome at the moment, isn't it? A recession twice as bad as the one in 2009 is predicted, and the disruption could lead to mass famine in Africa that could cause hundreds of millions of death by starvation.

Increasingly I can't help but see this as one of those long-predicted natural disasters that forcefully curbs human over-population of the planet. Either a significant chunk of the global population gets wiped out or our endless economic expansion grinds to a halt. Probably both. Never before have I seen our entire species bitch-slapped so forcefully by the ecosystem around it. It's made a mockery of every human pretension in the space of three months.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-23-2020 11:36  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

Good.

I really can't even imagine how it all will be after we're "through this", so I'm just gonna remain pessimistic and predict that not much will change in the end.

Last edited by JEO on Apr-23-2020 at 12:02

Old Post Apr-23-2020 11:56  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Well at least here in Georgia we are doing our part in avoiding total disaster by getting our lower income folks back to work at massage places, tattoo places, movie theaters, gyms. I can't imagine how we would ever survive without those people interacting with others in close proximity for the next few weeks.

I really hope everyone thanks us

Old Post Apr-23-2020 15:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
Well at least here in Georgia we are doing our part in avoiding total disaster by getting our lower income folks back to work at massage places, tattoo places, movie theaters, gyms. I can't imagine how we would ever survive without those people interacting with others in close proximity for the next few weeks.

I really hope everyone thanks us

Shit, that's nothing. Check out the interview withe the mayor of Vegas if you want some real WTF moments: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/poli...egas/index.html

Old Post Apr-23-2020 15:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Shit, that's nothing. Check out the interview withe the mayor of Vegas if you want some real WTF moments: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/poli...egas/index.html

I am really hoping she is just trying to keep Vegas in the news to make sure no one forgets about them...but yea, all my Vegas friends are like da fuq.

Old Post Apr-23-2020 15:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by Dykes_on_Jay
Turn her out out, bro.

But then I'd have to pay someone to take her.

Old Post Apr-23-2020 16:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
I am really hoping she is just trying to keep Vegas in the news to make sure no one forgets about them...but yea, all my Vegas friends are like da fuq.

I know, at this point, I should no longer be surprised by anything our leaders/politicians do or say, no matter how stupid, but damn...this woman actually managed to surprise me.

Old Post Apr-23-2020 16:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
But then I'd have to pay someone to take her.

In these times, negative value products are the rage. Congrats, you've invested in dinosaur juice.

Old Post Apr-23-2020 17:18  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > After The Virus
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackmelodic house tune from 2005 (probably) [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLange - "I Believe" (Lange Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread