Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

Are you sitting comfortably?

So am I, because odds are I'll have nowhere else to go today. Truck drivers were on strike yesterday because petrol prices are too damn high, and this has pretty much brought the country to a halt. Not sure it's all back to normal yet, because public transportation is not being able to cope with the huge demand.

On the bright side, the Celtics will probably go to the finals tonight (if LeBron James is still out of breath) or in the next game, so yay.

And you? How's your Friday?

Old Post May-25-2018 15:55  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Celtics have the upper hand right now but I would never bet against LeBron in a Game 6 and Game 7 situation. He has done some pretty amazing stuff with his back against the wall before. This time it might be too much though, his team is absolute trash.

My first triathlon is this weekend! I'm doing a Sprint Tri (400m swim, 20k bike, 5k run) around my alma mater's campus. I'm aiming to win the swim portion. I'll get slaughtered on the bike and run but if I can win the swim I'll be happy. I hope there is nobody super fast there

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post May-25-2018 16:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow

HE’S NOT TIRED, HE JUST NEEDED A MOMENT

Old Post May-25-2018 16:21 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Just enjoying the lovely weather on the deck atm. The winter ravaged some of our perennials, so have a bit of planting to do this weekend. Friend's baby shower tomorrow.

I've been going to physio for my knee, which is actually a hip and quad issue. So I've been back in the gym (finally) since and my knee already feels significantly improved. Woo! So yeah gonna hit the gym this weekend too.

Old Post May-25-2018 17:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
My first triathlon is this weekend! I'm doing a Sprint Tri (400m swim, 20k bike, 5k run) around my alma mater's campus. I'm aiming to win the swim portion. I'll get slaughtered on the bike and run but if I can win the swim I'll be happy. I hope there is nobody super fast there

Don't worry , my colleague stopped doing triathons after he did a full one (Ironman Maastricht). Here he is at 5-6 seconds leading in Belgium in 2014.
But be warned as at 1:26 seconds hurts even when just watching

The sprint worked best for him, but he also did Olympic and half distances. He was very good in swimming, good in cycling but not too good in running as he had a bit too many muscles to carry. The Ironman he did: swimming 0:50:46, bike: 5:22:41, running: 3:50:14, total 10:25:22 (+32:36) He was 6th in the Men K M25-29 agegroup, he was 28 at the time I think.

Good luck!

Very hot here today, and since it's getting even warmer I did the lawn when I came home from work this afternoon. Football training with the kids, match tomorrow morning.
Watched the finish of the Giro today, damn Froome wtf.
Finally some progress in the Flight MH17 case, together with Australia we now hold Russia legally responsible.
Watching F1 Monaco and the Giro again tomorrow and at Sunday.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-25-2018 19:02  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Celtics have the upper hand right now but I would never bet against LeBron in a Game 6 and Game 7 situation. He has done some pretty amazing stuff with his back against the wall before. This time it might be too much though, his team is absolute trash.

The stats of the previous game gave me a heartily chuckle precisely for this reason - while the Celtics had a different player leading in points, assists, and rebounds, LeBron took care of all this for the Cavs.

I'm sad for LeBron because he's got GOAT potential, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not happy to see a bunch of young players make it to the finals #CUsRise.
quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
HE’S NOT TIRED, HE JUST NEEDED A MOMENT

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Finally some progress in the Flight MH17 case, together with Australia we now hold Russia legally responsible.

Can you imagine how tense the atmosphere would be if the Dutch squad played in the World Cup this year? Because the Aussies will soon find out

Seriously though, will there be any practical consequences? Because, from what I've read, not much can be done if Russia keeps dismissing it as fake news :/

Old Post May-25-2018 20:06  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

someone take me to demf, my orifices are still tender, you can have them.

Old Post May-25-2018 21:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Can you imagine how tense the atmosphere would be if the Dutch squad played in the World Cup this year? Because the Aussies will soon find out

Seriously though, will there be any practical consequences? Because, from what I've read, not much can be done if Russia keeps dismissing it as fake news :/

I think we shouldn't have gone even if we had qualified.

There won't be any consequences soon, but it's just a necessary step to take to get any further in order to present the case to an international court.

Meanwhile Russia indeed still is in denial, but that's not a surprise of course.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post May-25-2018 21:38  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Yeah, I hope it goes somewhere... It would be a shame if such a disaster went unpunished
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
So yeah gonna hit the gym this weekend too.

I wish I could go to the gym on weekends too but they're usually open only Saturday morning. Given that I work mostly nights, waking up early to lift weights is more of an opportunity to have the weights lift me, and not in a positive way

Old Post May-25-2018 21:55  Brazil
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
petrol prices are too damn high

How much is petrol there? It's $1.60 a litre here for regular unleaded Total bullshit.

Old Post May-25-2018 22:05  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
How much is petrol there? It's $1.60 a litre here for regular unleaded Total bullshit.

Just be thankful to Baiame that you don't live in London anymore:

£1.20 per litre or $2.11aus

Old Post May-25-2018 22:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Re: Re: Re: Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Just be thankful to Baiame that you don't live in London anymore:

£1.20 per litre or $2.11aus

Jesus

Old Post May-25-2018 22:58  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 161: General Strike in Brazil
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRed pill, Blue pill. CATCHY! sample included. [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRocky Miller - "Chamber of secret" (GDJB Edit) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread