Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
goodnet
•Damn• I look good.

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
omg...he's alive.

OMFG1!!

Old Post Dec-04-2009 01:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for goodnet Click here to Send goodnet a Private Message Add goodnet to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by Fuertez
I just had some dude from Solo Mobile offer me a FREE Bold 9700 with a pretty decent package. I told him I was unsure and he said he would call back (we'll see if he does). I know Bell is their provider but just from reading some reviews online about them they seem pretty shitty. Does anyone know anything about Solo???

I'm with Solo Mobile. LOVE THEM. Can't stress that. They are a pure pleasure to have as a wireless carrier. Anytime I end up needing to call their customer support, I hang up so happy at the end of the call. Never got that with Rogers (EVER).

The only shitty thing now w/ them though is they're REALLY reduced their plans (nothing good anymore IMO)... and their phone selection blows.

I got with them in 07 when they had wicked fall deals going on (and many more plans in general). I also got a Nokia 6275i back then, which I loved.

I've had that Nokia, a Moto Q and my current BlackBerry Pearl 8130. Loved all those phones. Think of the rest of their selection's are pretty shite though.

So pretty much, Solo rocks (IMO) if you got with them back when they had better plans, and so long as u liked one of the 5-6 phones they are/were offering.

Check and check for me.

Oh, and unless they *just* got the Bold, you're being mislead (i could be wrong though, of course). They only Berry they carry AFAIK is the Pearl, which I have. The 8130 in white.

EDIT:
The other thing I LOVE about Solo... 30 days plans FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK CONTRACTS! SERIOUSLY! Never EVER been in one, never wanna be!
Every phone, every plan, you chose 30 days, 1yr, 2yr or 3yrs.

(Not like Rogers where often their very best ones are a minimum of 2 years... or they were when i was checking them out back in 06 or 07 before I made the happy switch to Solo)

Old Post Dec-04-2009 05:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
honestly this is the worst thing about it.

i can't try any apps because i have no space. they just did the whole upgrade for my unit and i hoped that with this one they would allow apps to be stored on the expandable chip but no. is it really that hard? it's not even like i want all those garbage iPhone apps but some useful things would be good.

Feel ya Margs.

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
just for those who dont check the first post updates, I just uploaded the TA group barcode for BBM here it is

Nice. Thx

quote:
Originally posted by DigitalMP

However, I've noticed with the new low app memory notifier that tells you to shut down apps,

Im quite liking the new quickpull too. That mem notifier is handy and great. ^5

quote:
i have everything on silent. i basically check the fucking thing every 5 minutes. i can't be bothered changing settings back and forth than. lol. still addicted a year later. lol.

LOL thats great, so hardcore still!! <3

quote:
Originally posted by LKD
SMS: Star Trek Communicator

I NEED THIS!! This is even better than when I had the "TTC" chime for text msgs on my Moto Q LOL

I freaked everyone out (esp lars i think), had to change it eventually hahaha

quote:
Originally posted by smuncky
SEEEEEEEEENNNNDDD!!!

+1!!

quote:
Originally posted by exstasie
2 Vibrates or More and I'll check it.

Nice system sir

Old Post Dec-04-2009 06:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

And now I think I'm caught up

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mach X
Aerize Card Loader - SD card install utility

Get the most out of your BlackBerry® device by installing applications to and from removable media cards. Aerize Card Loader installs and removes applications to your device from its micro SD media card. The only limit to the number of applications you can keep on hand is the size of your SD media card.

Running applications, stored files, and the operating system all compete for the same memory on BlackBerry® devices. Unfortunately, this limits the amount of games and applications that can reliably be loaded onto the device at one time. Once you ve installed Aerize Card Loader, this limit will be forever shattered.

---

NOTE: Only applications added to the SD media card can be loaded. Applications must first be manually added to the media card.

---

Free 7 day trial and user manual available at http://aerize.com

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1144

I have not tried it, but heard good things... I'm not app hungry tho...

Nice! Thx for informing us about this.... I may have to break down and check out this app... I only have the Pearl, so I got 65 MB onbard... thus essentially only like 20 MBs free to use for apps... which can and does disappear pretty quick!

Have a prob to move these apps from device storage to microSD storage is great -- why the fuck isn't that even a core option with berries?!!?!? Bc it fucking should be!

Retarded being forced to keep them on the limited device memory when u can use SD cards!

Old Post Dec-04-2009 06:18  Canada
Jem_hadar
I remember...

^^^

Be aware (as apparently this is a common misconception)

That this progrqam, Aerize Card Loader, doesn't actually install the app on the SD card.

It merely stores the install file for the app on the SD card so it can be “easily” installed ("loaded") and uninstalled ("unloaded") off device memory.

The same memory concern is still essentially an issue. Only now if you dont use a program very much, you can remove it from your device memory, but still leave a link to re-loading it stored on your SD card with this app.

How this can help with the memory situation is by removing a bunch of apps off ur phone onto the SD card, and then only installing the apps as you actually need them (presumably u dont need them all at the same time), so that way ur memory isnt all taken up as it would be if all these apps were installed in ur device memory.

Annoyingly, most appps prompt you about needing to reboot ur device once they've been unloaded or loaded.

This app wasnt the solution I was hoping it'd be.

C'mon RIM... just let us install apps ACTUALLY ON the SD card themselves!!

Last edited by Jem_hadar on Dec-04-2009 at 21:35

Old Post Dec-04-2009 21:27  Canada
Dr. Z
edm sux

There are some serious security concerns with installing apps on SD cards.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 21:36  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Z
There are some serious security concerns with installing apps on SD cards.

i knew it was something like that.

hopefully with the newer BBs there are bigger internal cards?

Old Post Dec-04-2009 21:39  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
i knew it was something like that.

hopefully with the newer BBs there are bigger internal cards?

Yup, that's already happening (though nothing close to, say, the iPhone's level of internal memory).

Big improvements regardless though.

The other trouble w/ BB app memory is that BB allocate only a certain portion of its on board memory to apps... so it may have like 1GB in it, but it'll only designate, say, 250MB to apps (made even more annoying when u find out that the OS eats into that designated app memory too). That's another issue I think shoudl be addressed. AFAIK, other platforms dont do this. Pretty positive Win Mobile doesn't.

Someone who knows more on this can correct me or expand on this better.

This is just what I recall from reading about blackberrys and the whole memory issue that's been a sore point for many users for a while now.

Old Post Dec-04-2009 22:02  Canada
LKD
Omni-peasant

quote:
Originally posted by Jem_hadar
Yup, that's already happening (though nothing close to, say, the iPhone's level of internal memory).

Big improvements regardless though.

The other trouble w/ BB app memory is that BB allocate only a certain portion of its on board memory to apps... so it may have like 1GB in it, but it'll only designate, say, 250MB to apps (made even more annoying when u find out that the OS eats into that designated app memory too). That's another issue I think shoudl be addressed. AFAIK, other platforms dont do this. Pretty positive Win Mobile doesn't.

Someone who knows more on this can correct me or expand on this better.

This is just what I recall from reading about blackberrys and the whole memory issue that's been a sore point for many users for a while now.

that's incorrect...

the 1GB internal memory has nothing to do with apps but just built in extra space for saving stuff.

what you should look at is the size of flash memory...on my storm for example it's 128MB (coincidentally, the storm 2 now has 256 MB so RIM did step up on that complaint)

however, this flash memory seems to be where apps are installing AND caching which is what's my sore with the whole thing...

I just deleted the default games that come with the storm (word mole) and a few unneccessary default things like BB help etc and now from 5MB left, I have 26 MB left...lol wow

Last edited by LKD on Dec-05-2009 at 04:11

Old Post Dec-04-2009 22:58  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

oh and DigitalMP.. about opera on storm

to copy and paste in the address bar or submit areas as well as clearing or editing the 6 speed dial cubes, you have to press for a few seconds (dont click press...just stay in contact with the screen for a few seconds) and you will see a small popup with such options. discovered it by chance..lol

Old Post Dec-04-2009 23:19  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Al
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm going to try to negotiate a better monthly plan with the possible acquisition of the BB 9700.

Please post how much you're paying a month and what goes with(plan details) so I can get an idea of what deals you guys get for the money and play ball better with Rogers. I see more and more people negotiate their plans, which is smart.

I just never bothered with the price because all I cared for was service and never had problems. Today the price starts to ache the pockets.

Cheers.

Old Post Dec-08-2009 02:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Al Click here to Send Al a Private Message Add Al to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

I'm with Telus and my plan is

- 500 MB data
- unlimited in/out texts (special given to me)
- 200 daytime mins (100 bonus minutes for me)
- unlimited incoming calls ($10 extra)
- 10 msg voicemail (usually $7 more)
- Caller ID, conference calling, call forwarding (usually $7 more)

all for $60 flat

telus now includes the service access fees in the base price itself so keep that in mind when comparing prices

Old Post Dec-08-2009 02:48  United Arab Emirates

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI need help with id [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFB Feat Edun - "Who's Knockin" (Ferry Corsten Remix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread