Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Torn Hawk
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
enydo
~

Torn Hawk

Guy seems a bit unknown, but from what I've heard I'm really into his style. Sorta lo-fi, noisey, but with a good backbone of funk to it.

This mix is quite good:

Also I got a L.I.E.S sampler with this:

Discogs link:
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Torn+Hawk

Not a huge artist, but I'm looking forward to more releases on L.I.E.S.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 16:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.
OUTSIDER HOUSE.

OUTSIDER HOUSE.

Now that they've got that out of the way - dunno, I'm not that into the whole Sextags, LIES, Triology Tapes etc. thing. And whoever coined "outsider house" needs to be shot.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Is that actually a thing? rofllll

Well, I'm into that stuff quite a bit. If you've got any recommendations other than L.I.E.S, Sextags, or Trilogy Tapes I'm all ears.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 16:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah, when everyone started circlejerking about LIES, music journos felt the usual need to coin some absolutely retarded term and thus outsider house was born. Anything lo-fi and weird with a bass drum now automatically is outsider house.

Lemme see... Anthony Naples, Nuerth Kitchen, Opal Tapes, Wania, Tesla Tapes I guess?

And for some labels that aren't actually horrible - General Elektro, Atelier, Acido, Mathematics, Plan B, Relative, Appointment, Morphine Doser

Old Post Apr-03-2013 17:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Alright, thanks! Knew about most of those artists, not any of those labels though.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 17:14 
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 17:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Alright, thanks! Knew about most of those artists, not any of those labels though.

Btw if you like the kraut style shit, you'll probably like this one http://boomkat.com/downloads/506221-icasol-stralau-ep

Also the first release on the CTF label, tekkkno is da shit

Old Post Apr-03-2013 19:16 
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I haven't heard of any of this shit. I stop reading the blogosphere and this is what happens.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-03-2013 21:41  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I haven't heard of any of this shit. I stop reading the blogosphere and this is what happens.

Dude. You totally missed out on the latest lo-fi psychedelic noise experimental analogue strictly limited anonymous whitelabel vinyl only mysterious raw outsider house basement jams.

Last edited by Woony on Apr-03-2013 at 22:00

Old Post Apr-03-2013 21:52 
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

This type of weirdo lo-fi house has actually been around for a few years now but it's only been in 2012 that it became a bandwagon. It became really apparent when like every single fucking underground dance music outlet chose LIES as their top label for 2012.

Old Post Apr-03-2013 22:13 
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
This type of weirdo lo-fi house has actually been around for a few years now but it's only been in 2012 that it became a bandwagon. It became really apparent when like every single fucking underground dance music outlet chose LIES as their top label for 2012.

Probably the only positive news for Long Island lately.

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-04-2013 22:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

Bumperz bump

I absolute love his music. One of the most creative producers, imo. Hypnotic and dope electronic music

Old Post Aug-26-2014 00:27  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Torn Hawk
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackProper old skool c1990/91 tune to be ID'no.1! [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackEmpyreal Sun - "Twisted Reality" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread